Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Spoiler link for Amazing Spider-Man 26...Major Spoiler

This is from Bleeding Cool...it is a massive spoiler...so I am just posting the link if allowed...proceed at own risk.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...n-26-spoilers/
    Last edited by twobit; 05-16-2023 at 12:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

THAT is what Zeb Wells said would be the biggest shock in Spidey comics in 50 years (aka “since Gwen died”)??! Riiiiight… where’s my laughing Jonah gif when I need it?

Astonishing Member

Somehow, I knew they would end up trolling us.

I don't worry about the death, honestly, as it will be eventually undone somehow. What makes me mad is that it doesn't seem they have undone the whole MJ's family thing. I keep thinking the kids are not what they seem.

Look I know that characters fans are gonna be pissed but what the FUCK does she have to do with Spider-Man? There has to be more deaths in there. Otherwise it has to be a massive troll job. The greatest fuck you to fans in history. The downright disrespect Wells has showed to fanboys is legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    THAT is what Zeb Wells said would be the biggest shock in Spidey comics in 50 years (aka “since Gwen died”)??! Riiiiight… where’s my laughing Jonah gif when I need it?
    Even folks on Twitter who don't even read the book immediately guessed why it was done

All-New Member

From the text of that, are they saying that Peter killed her? Is that what he did that pissed everyone off?

I Like Ms Marvel so killing her bums me out.

But what makes me mad is that this is the big shock? THe death of a hero that will be reversed when her movie comes out?

No way they leave her dead when she is on the big screen. So this really has no impact at all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

I can’t say killing MJ would’ve been preferable because that would never be a good thing. But this just makes no sense, seems cheap and cruel, and is totally out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    From the text of that, are they saying that Peter killed her? Is that what he did that pissed everyone off?
    No, because what he did, he did six months ago. Kamala was present in scenes set six months later.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Okay, I’m in this for the chaotic ride

Having said that, I do think this was an editorial mandate, and one that will get reversed very quickly.
    If it’s to keep Kamela in tune with her MCU self, then like I said, it’s a cynical, editorial driven idea that Wells and Lowe was probably thrown into.
    At the moment, ASM is a dumping ground for when Marvel want to pull out their shittiest ideas for the sake of editorial retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I Like Ms Marvel so killing her bums me out.

But what makes me mad is that this is the big shock? THe death of a hero that will be reversed when her movie comes out?

No way they leave her dead when she is on the big screen. So this really has no impact at all.
    It'll be reversed within two months if I'm right. We know Fallen Friend is about the person who dies. And there's a four issue Classified mini to follow.... which could be where she comes back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, because what he did, he did six months ago. Kamala was present in scenes set six months later.
    Thanks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It'll be reversed within two months if I'm right. We know Fallen Friend is about the person who dies. And there's a four issue Classified mini to follow.... which could be where she comes back.
    Which makes this "Shocking Event." Even more meaningless. It is not a shock to kill a character that really doesnt have much of a tie to Peter and Spidey just to bring them back a couple months later. THis is just a cheap gimmick and dumb ploy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Say, I forgot it's Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.

Add this to the mountain of reasons why this is so tone-deaf.

Astonishing Member

Hate this run more than any I've ever read. As long as Zeb Wells and Nick Lowe are on the book, I won't be.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 05-16-2023 at 01:51 PM.