Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    It’s best just to write off this run at this point. Everyone is out of character. This run is either getting retconned to all hell, or just flat out ignored.
    that's the hope but there's no guarantee. who's the say the next writer won't double down on Wells new status quo
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    While that could be May, it could also be Menace's kid that Harry disappeared with and AFAIK no one has ever addressed again. He didn't KILL that one but......
    Pretty sure that baby is with Liz and Normie. Stanley?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    that's the hope but there's no guarantee. who's the say the next writer won't double down on Wells new status quo
    Yeah that's the source of the anxiety. Why I hope we just don't have to get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Could definitely be. I checked out of the last half of Slott's run so there are now some gaps in my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Imagine if it's Wells so he can move on from ASM to write her instead
    He already helped write her cinematic debut in The Marvels, so he already has so far as that's concerned. Really hope that none of whatever led him to fridge her in the comics poisoned the movie, since I am looking forward to it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    he safe he is in the red goblin run
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Fate of the children has been spoiled as well. If you wish to search for it.

All I'm going to say is

spoilers:
    Yep, they're doing it again.
    end of spoilers
    No point spoiler tagging a link (or an image). They really need to update the forum software...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Hasn't Wells changed his mind a few times about what exactly is going on?
    It feels like he changes his mind from panel to panel...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    It feels like he changes his mind from panel to panel...
    Honestly, and this may be delusional, i think he knows what he's doing at this point, but there was a major change early on.

A poster on another forum spoke with Wells around #15 at a convention, before this all hit the fan, and from teh other poster's description, there seems to be some acknowledgement from Wells that he may have made some mistakes. I also listened to him on a Podcast in January and while he's not exactly apologetic, he makes an offhand comment about people being "too confused".

Combined with other comments he's made, i tend to think that there was a plan in place when he first got on the book, say the first six issues. The plan was to shake up the title, tease some grave mistake that Peter made, and isolate him from everyone as a result. Mary Jane was dating a guy with kids, other heroes hate him, he's working for Norman. For whatever reason, either he or someone higher up didn't like where it was going. Maybe they saw the reaction that MJ got and decided to focus more on that, maybe editorial nixed his original sin that he was going to have Peter do, maybe he decided it was bad, maybe all of the above or something else entirely. Whateve the case, by the time we hit 900, the plan is changed. You see some subtle shifts around that time. You get a lot of Paul and MJ in the first arc, you get a lot less after that, but the one big appearance you do get from MJ ends with the scene that is the strongest evidence she is not happy and more is going on. In the first arc MJ is hiding in a closet while speaking to Peter, as though Paul would be upset, and you have a hint of a fight between Peter and Paul that has never materialized (but has been hinted to be changed). IN issue 2 or 3 (memory fails me) Paul goes looking for Peter to talk to him, but this is never followed up on. That same scene is the one time we hear either of them say "love" to the other (we only get Paul's side). So it feels to me that that's about when it changed, and the result has made this whole thing take forever and take a bit of scrambling to try and make sense of it.

I can't help but compare this to Kindred from the last run. Because similarities exist. The deal with Kindred appears to have been changed very late in the game. And it makes the whole thing a confusing mess.

It's hard to believe they did the same damn thing in the very next run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Honestly, and this may be delusional, i think he knows what he's doing at this point, but there was a major change early on.

A poster on another forum spoke with Wells around #15 at a convention, before this all hit the fan, and from teh other poster's description, there seems to be some acknowledgement from Wells that he may have made some mistakes. I also listened to him on a Podcast in January and while he's not exactly apologetic, he makes an offhand comment about people being "too confused".

Combined with other comments he's made, i tend to think that there was a plan in place when he first got on the book, say the first six issues. The plan was to shake up the title, tease some grave mistake that Peter made, and isolate him from everyone as a result. Mary Jane was dating a guy with kids, other heroes hate him, he's working for Norman. For whatever reason, either he or someone higher up didn't like where it was going. Maybe they saw the reaction that MJ got and decided to focus more on that, maybe editorial nixed his original sin that he was going to have Peter do, maybe he decided it was bad, maybe all of the above or something else entirely. Whateve the case, by the time we hit 900, the plan is changed. You see some subtle shifts around that time. You get a lot of Paul and MJ in the first arc, you get a lot less after that, but the one big appearance you do get from MJ ends with the scene that is the strongest evidence she is not happy and more is going on. In the first arc MJ is hiding in a closet while speaking to Peter, as though Paul would be upset, and you have a hint of a fight between Peter and Paul that has never materialized (but has been hinted to be changed). IN issue 2 or 3 (memory fails me) Paul goes looking for Peter to talk to him, but this is never followed up on. That same scene is the one time we hear either of them say "love" to the other (we only get Paul's side). So it feels to me that that's about when it changed, and the result has made this whole thing take forever and take a bit of scrambling to try and make sense of it.
    Maybe there’s some grains of truth there, but there’s also a whole lot of speculation. Hopefully Zeb or someone else spills the beans in a few years when this dumpster-fire run is long over. But it’s been two years since Spencer’s Kindred saga ended in a fiasco and we’re still waiting to hear the full behind the scenes drama.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I can't help but compare this to Kindred from the last run. Because similarities exist. The deal with Kindred appears to have been changed very late in the game. And it makes the whole thing a confusing mess.

It's hard to believe they did the same damn thing in the very next run.
    I would say the difference is that Kindred seems to have been changed VERY late, like "Oh crap Spencer is leaving to run Substack comics we need to wrap this up" late, and thus had to pivot very quickly which is why the explnation is kind of a mess by pulling Mephisto into Norman's life and the deal with Sins Past This seems like it changed very early, and I'd imagine that happens more often than we realize. Wells just couldn't quite navigate the changes with the elements he'd already put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Maybe there’s some grains of truth there, but there’s also a whole lot of speculation. Hopefully Zeb or someone else spills the beans in a few years when this dumpster-fire run is long over. But it’s been two years since Spencer’s Kindred saga ended in a fiasco and we’re still waiting to hear the full behind the scenes drama.
    Oh It's almost entierly speculation. Who knows if they'll ever admit that stuff. When it comes to Mary Jane and OMD they can be pretty tight lipped about anything that doesn't support OMD remaining in place.