Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Cool that only one of the several Marvel characters she actually interacted with a lot is on that cover.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=HypnoHustler;6472780]THAT is what Zeb Wells said would be the biggest shock in Spidey comics in 50 years (aka “since Gwen died”)??! Riiiiight… where’s my laughing Jonah gif when I need it?[/QUOTE
    If Wells really thinks this is the biggest shock since Gwen died he is smoking something.

Honestly I feel like this is the biggest indication of just how editorially driven ASM is right now because this REEKS of editorial mismanagement.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I feel like this is the biggest indication of just how editorially driven ASM is right now because this REEKS of editorial mismanagement.
    That I actually disagree with why? Remember the end of the Spencer run? That was editorial at its absolute worst ( well not killing the concept of Sins Past but that is another issue). I am no longer angry, I have reached “Resignation Stage” when it comes to Wells and do not expect to ever see a quality issue of Amazing Spider-Man until Wells leaves the book ( a stage I did not even reach after OMD and Silk),

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Say, I forgot it's Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.

Add this to the mountain of reasons why this is so tone-deaf.
    If it's a good story, it's fine no matter what month it's published.

If it's a bad story, it's still a mistake even if they delayed it a week, or added another story to pad things out so the conclusion to a major six issue storyline it would come out in June.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So, who want to bet that she comes back with her less interesting MCU powers? Really this is really just pushing me further into ‘drop this dumpster fire of a run until Wells is gone’ territory. Haven’t had a book make me want to drop it so hard since Aaron’s Avengers and we just got freed from that Hell.
    This is my thinking. Kill her off, resurrect on Krakoa, MCU synergy on powers.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That I actually disagree with why? Remember the end of the Spencer run? That was editorial at its absolute worst ( well not killing the concept of Sins Past but that is another issue). I am no longer angry, I have reached “Resignation Stage” when it comes to Wells and do not expect to ever see a quality issue of Amazing Spider-Man until Wells leaves the book ( a stage I did not even reach after OMD and Silk),
    Nah, this is very much editorial driven. It seems too random to kill of Ms Marvel.

And I think Wells has some good issues of Spider-Man, I liked some of the beyond stuff and the start of his run was pretty good (outside of the Paul story).
    The only connection Wells has with Ms Marvel is that he is a co-writer for The Marvels, and I believe that may have influenced his writing, but it certainly wasn't the outcome of his pitch for this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    these editors don't get check do they
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

If Wells really thinks this is the biggest shock since Gwen died he is smoking something.
    I mean... no one could've predicted this. It is surprising. Just in a "wtf..why this character and why in this book?" kinda way than in a emotionally devastating way. Spider-man fans are annoyed because this does not seem to resolve the ongoing plot with Paul. And then they just randomly decide to annoy another character's fanbase. Plus, the really poor optics of fridging a minority female character and racist kamala haters giving this the thumbs up on social media...yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    THAT is what Zeb Wells said would be the biggest shock in Spidey comics in 50 years (aka “since Gwen died”)??! Riiiiight… where’s my laughing Jonah gif when I need it?
    Did any of you guess it?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Did any of you guess it?
    Surprise is different than shock.

I'm surprised when I come home and my dog shit on the carpet.

I'm shocked when I come home and my dog is dead.

This is surprise. It's not shocking. And everyone has already correctly guessed it's just to bring her back as a mutant.

Astonishing Member

Did any of you guess it?
    I did not give the first thought about it. This is a shock for the purpose of shocking it has no long term effect on Amazing Spider-Man mythos. Why Kamala is a secondary character when talking Spider-Man. Unlike Uncle Ben, George Stacy, Gwen Harry and Jean DeWolff to name a few.

I did not give the first thought about it. This is a shock for the purpose of shocking it has no long term effect on Amazing Spider-Man mythos. Why Kamala is a secondary character when talking Spider-Man. Unlike Uncle Ben, George Stacy, Gwen Harry and Jean DeWolff to name a few.
    she only showed in 5 issues of this run is that even enough to be secondary?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Did any of you guess it?
    The first issue of this book was shocking. MJ and Peter went from moving into together to her living with a random other dude and having two kids. It was both a an unexpected surprise and an extreme one that shocked my conscience and sense of good storytelling.

This is just surprising. I didn't expect it, but I'm not shocked, I'm mostly just laughing at them for how stupid it is.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Nah, this is very much editorial driven. It seems too random to kill of Ms Marvel.

And I think Wells has some good issues of Spider-Man, I liked some of the beyond stuff and the start of his run was pretty good (outside of the Paul story).
    The only connection Wells has with Ms Marvel is that he is a co-writer for The Marvels, and I believe that may have influenced his writing, but it certainly wasn't the outcome of his pitch for this run.
    I would imagine it's been baked in for some time. For one, Wells is plugged into the MCU portion. So he knows Ms Marvel will be a mutant on the MCU. Next, from Hellions he's plugged into the X-Men comic side of things. And if MCU Ms Marvel is going to be Krakoan Resurrected as a mutant, likely the X-Office will be involved in some capacity.

So logically, if there was a decision that the comic Ms Marvel would be made to synergize with Ms. Marvel, the X-Office probably got advance notice so they could prepare to fold the character into their line. And since Wells was part of the X-Office and in the X-Slack, it's probable he was involved in some conversations about Kamala joining the X-Men line.

From there, it's not to much of a leap that as part of the plan for the run, they use their larger audience to kill Kamala. During the most controversial story since One More Day.

And now, Spider-Man/X-Men crossing over for Dark Web seems like a prelude to mingle the X and Spidey lines to lay the track for this Dead In Spidey Reborn as an X-Men train.

Hey, isn't there a new Avengers/X-Men Unity squad coming? Wouldn't surprise me to see Ms. Marvel there in addition to a new ongoing
    Last edited by Coop; 05-16-2023 at 05:26 PM.