Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I don't think that i am showing up for issue two. They want to make Vic as depressing as possible.

I will never understand why they insist on having superheroes show up at funerals in costume.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Still hates his father, even though he maybe dead, check.
    Still rockin' patch work tin can man look, even though he has tech to upgrade to better look, check. I think if DC lacks the courage to make Cyborg the hero he deserves to be, why not just put him on ice. The writer sounds cool but wasn't allowed to lean in on what Walker was doing which was evolving Vic into what he should be already.
    Saying Victor hates his father is really over simplistic.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-17-2023 at 09:22 PM.

Interesting twist at the end.

I enjoyed the character development, but the issue was a bit slow for a number 1, but I'm sure it will get better.

I hope at some point in this run we get to see some sort of showdown with Brainiac. Being partially cybernetic, I've always wondered how susceptible Victor would be to a viral attack by Brainiac. Is it possible that his mind could get hijacked?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess there's a lot of baggage now off the table with Silas finally dead.
    What "baggage"?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I will never understand why they insist on having superheroes show up at funerals in costume.

I mean Victor literally cannot help but be recognized as Cyborg, so Dick and Wally in their usual alter egos would likely be asked why they showed up at the funeral for a superheroes Dad.

Supposedly Dick could lie because of his money from Alfred but still why take the risk.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    What "baggage"?
    Everything he always resented and blamed his father for while he was alive.

I not a fan of the art even though I used to really like Raney's work (Mutant X was his crowning jewel). And the issue was so boring. I get that his father is such an important part of Vic's story and origin, but it is stale. Plus the merger of his different origins didn't gel as well as I would have liked. The main thing missing is the action. A first issue should be dynamic. This was defiantly not.
    AND I HATE HIS DESIGN!!!! Yes, it's mile ahead of his last half-assed look from the Titans Academy book. But this one looks so cheap and uninteresting. When your track suit is better than your heroic look, is pitiful.
    Last thing: I'm missing his size. Vic is supposed to be 6'6" and in this issue and in the new Titans book, he looks to be around 6'2", weighing about 180 lbs. Marvel would never render Thor like that. Vic should be treated the same.

Man, I wish Dan Mora designed him.

Incredible Member

I just want to see a team up between the Six Billion Dollar Man and Cyborg. They can talk about how they feel upon getting their respective parts, and what they did to overcome their challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

How about tired? Are there any other notes to be played with Vic? Look, for whatever goofy reason DC won't let anyone update, and modernize Victor's look can we then at least get a story that makes this a richer character, adding newer elements to him would be cool.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    How about tired? Are there any other notes to be played with Vic? Look, for whatever goofy reason DC won't let anyone update, and modernize Victor's look can we then at least get a story that makes this a richer character, adding newer elements to him would be cool.
    I've gotta agree with this. I love Vic as a character, but if feels like DC is even less invested in the character now than they were in 2015. And that's not even saying much. At least back then they pretended like they wanted the character to grow. Now, this book feels less like a solo Cyborg book and more like an extension of a Titans book. It's really not going to revisit Exxy, or Blue or the Tech Breakers/TechnoSapiens. Is H8Bit going to make a reappearance? Are we gonna find out about Cyborg's mother and the story of her uploading her consciousness into a machine?

WHAT ABOUT SMOKEY? Cyborg's cat?

What's even the point of giving Cyborg a book if there isn't going to be any continuity between the run?

I liked the issue. Although I wished that he had his classic origins first then joined the JL and received the mother box later as an enhancement since we do upgrade our technology.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So we're all just going to ignore the idea that Vic joined the League before the New Teen Titans and go right back to knowing, in our hearts, that he joined the JL years afterwards, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    So we're all just going to ignore the idea that Vic joined the League before the New Teen Titans and go right back to knowing, in our hearts, that he joined the JL years afterwards, right?
    Absolutely. As with most things DC, this will be contradicted in the next half-assed continuity revision anyway.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Outside the comics, DC/WB still pushes Cyborg as a Leaguer. In Superman vs Meshi, Cyborg was in the Justice League. Aside from Doom Patrol and Teen Titans Go! Cyborg is in the Justice League.

Extraordinary Member

Regardless of whatever continuity choices people prefer this was an interesting read. I look forward to the next five issues to see where the story goes and what Cyborg can be for newer readers.