Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I found the remark to be rather appropriate for the scene. Peacemaker is attempting to push nationalism on them, which is on brand for his character uber-nationalism, it's a jab at his character. To me, it felt done well.
    Definitely my read on the interaction too.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I guess Peacemaker being written to come off as pushing nationalism is a problem in itself. Working for Waller is just means to an end for him. This whole scene has him just acting as stereotypical high ranking military jerk, instead of mentally troubled extremely violent wrongly guided jerk.
    I chalk this up to being Peacemaker’s attitude at the start of this DCU-wide story - and where he’ll necessarily end up (hopefully.) I hope he gets challenged throughout whatever the plot Waller and The Light have planned, mostly because I like seeing characters like Peacemaker have to deal with new info and emotions that require them to deny or accept them.

I’m also just letting him be him right now as written on the page. I watched the MAX Peacemaker series, so I know his change in character from that, but I don’t apply that to the comic character as he may have a different arc in this. (Although they should use the series as a way to similarly challenge him - it was pretty good overall.)

Loved Peacemaker's show. Didn't bother with it until the season was over, as I didn't really love the character in Squad. But hot damn that show was excellent. And I'm glad 'Maker is getting some page time here too. He's fun, and a great foil.

I just hope they don't write him as a one-dimensional yes man and government stooge. One thing to start out that way, another to remain so through the entire story. And the thing that made the show work (for me anyway) was watching him deal with his preconceptions.

Seems some folks have an issue with the Titans telling the government to sod off, but that's not even what happened here. Dick says he'll share intel with Peacemaker and is willing to work together, he just won't let the Titans become agents of the US. Which...yeah, good!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Please add Infinity Inc. I’ve always wanted to see more interaction between the Titans and Infinity Inc.
    That team has pretty much been absorbed by the JSA now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Loved Peacemaker's show. Didn't bother with it until the season was over, as I didn't really love the character in Squad. But hot damn that show was excellent. And I'm glad 'Maker is getting some page time here too. He's fun, and a great foil.

I just hope they don't write him as a one-dimensional yes man and government stooge. One thing to start out that way, another to remain so through the entire story. And the thing that made the show work (for me anyway) was watching him deal with his preconceptions.

Seems some folks have an issue with the Titans telling the government to sod off, but that's not even what happened here. Dick says he'll share intel with Peacemaker and is willing to work together, he just won't let the Titans become agents of the US. Which...yeah, good!
    I don't think that is it. Everyone would expect them to tell the government they were not interested. Everyone would expect them to react to stuff Peacemaker said. But I have said I what I have to say on it so I don't think the people who don't see what little things stuck out to people are going to see it at this point.