Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Raven isn't younger. She is an adult. Same age as the others.
    Yeah I'm not entirely sure what's up with that. I remember Raven was de-aged when she was given a new body by Brother Blood in Geoff Johns' Teen Titans book but mentally she would still be the same adult person she was before.

What muddied the waters there was probably when she started attending school but I always saw that as her trying to fit in and experience a normal life... not her having reverted to a teenager.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m assuming her deaging has been reverted at this point. She’s drawn to be as old as Donna and Starfire and the reasons for deaging her (keeping her in the Teen Titans book alongside other teenagers) are now gone.
    Just like Beast Boy’s missing eye, it’s one of the things that are better left ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Raven isn't younger. She is an adult. Same age as the others.
    Yeah, well, here's the thing: original Raven was the oldest of the team. Gar was the youngest. If she's the same age as Donna and Kory now (which I don't think she is), she's still technically deaged. And I don't think she is, BTW. She's just the same age as BB, some 5 years younger than the rest.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yeah, well, here's the thing: original Raven was the oldest of the team. Gar was the youngest. If she's the same age as Donna and Kory now (which I don't think she is), she's still technically deaged. And I don't think she is, BTW. She's just the same age as BB, some 5 years younger than the rest.
    Considering all the stuff that's happened with Raven's body and continuity it doesn't really surprise me if at some point she and Gar ended up close in age physically or mentally .

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I thought there was a lot to like about Titans #1 but yeah, coming out on the same week as Avengers #1 didn't do it any favours. I felt that Jed MacKay did a much better job at making it feel like a proper relaunch and a fresh #1, quickly but competently going over each member's motivation for being there and giving everyone in the book a role and some meaningful lines of dialogue.

Taylor's Titans #1 felt more like there was a Titans #0 that should have been published first to set the table a little bit, and even the current Nightwing arc isn't quite it.
    Exactatiously.

Titans 01 wasn't bad at all. It's a solid, beauty-full issue just lacking in..."oomf!"
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

The art was probably the best thing about it. Although the mystery of "Who shot J.R.!?"...um,I mean Wally might be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    The art was probably the best thing about it. Although the mystery of "Who shot J.R.!?"...um,I mean Wally might be interesting.
    Poor Wally. Just concluded his story run on top of the world.

"We need a mystery. Hey, Wally, can you do that thing you do all the time and, you know... ... ... we'll fix it later, I promise."

I agree with the others in this thread Titans #1 was just ok. Hopefully #2 packs more of a punch.

However I did NOT expect people to take the Titans comments about not working for the government to heart. I didn't think it was that deep.
    Last edited by 9th.; 05-21-2023 at 08:35 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I thought there was a lot to like about Titans #1 but yeah, coming out on the same week as Avengers #1 didn't do it any favours. I felt that Jed MacKay did a much better job at making it feel like a proper relaunch and a fresh #1, quickly but competently going over each member's motivation for being there and giving everyone in the book a role and some meaningful lines of dialogue.

Taylor's Titans #1 felt more like there was a Titans #0 that should have been published first to set the table a little bit, and even the current Nightwing arc isn't quite it.
    I completely disagree with you. I enjoyed Titans #1 way more than Avengers #1. I didn't hate the Avengers relaunch because it was miles above the last volume but it left me feeling a little disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I guess it's too political for the Titans to say they don't work for the US.
    Sounds like it's JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA vs JUSTICE LEAGUE/JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL type deal with the TITANS having to be answerable to the larger world rather than have fealty to a particular nation.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    It was Johns wasn't it?
    Which is funny, because in the cartoon, Raven and BB aren't each other's love interests............or at least BB isn't Raven's, that would be Robin, as it was on NTT after Wally's departure.
    Raven and BB have a love story in TEEN TITANS GO!

Gar still being BEAST BOY in the now elite TITANS team is approaching as problematic as DONNA TROY's identity issues (did she get a new - or any - codename with relaunch as projected?)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-22-2023 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Gar still being BEAST BOY in the now elite TITANS team is approaching as problematic as DONNA TROY's identity issues (did she get a new - or any - codename with relaunch as projected?)
    Meh. Oscar de la Hoya was the “Golden Boy” his whole boxing career and Ric Flair is in his 70s and still referred to “The Nature Boy”. The codename shouldn’t be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    If Donna's getting a new codename, it hasn't been revealed yet. And I agree, Gar should be Changeling.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If DC can have adult women being called Batgirl, Supergirl and Hawkgirl then Beast Boy should be fine too. And it's certainly more unique than Changeling.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Donna's getting a new codename, it hasn't been revealed yet. And I agree, Gar should be Changeling.
    The public won’t take to the name so it can’t change
    Like elasti-girl