Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

They kill her off...and in long standing comic tradition will resurrect her...with the MCU powers.

May not bring her back as a mutant. Could be that resurrecting an Inhuman changes their abilities.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

What do you want to bet the "Classified" series in the August solicits is Kamala's resurrection as a mutant?
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They kill her off...and in long standing comic tradition will resurrect her...with the MCU powers.

May not bring her back as a mutant. Could be that resurrecting an Inhuman changes their abilities.
    With her being a mutant in the MCU she 100 percent comes back as a mutant.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

I mean with the resurrection protocols, they find she's a mutant and etc...
    Hickman literally gave them the keys to make her a mutant.

And this will be the most anyone has talked about the comic version of Ms Marvel in about 2 years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    With her being a mutant in the MCU she 100 percent comes back as a mutant.
    Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I mean with the resurrection protocols, they find she's a mutant and etc...
    Hickman literally gave them the keys to make her a mutant.
    I think changing her from Inhuman to mutant would be as bad as some of the stuff they did in the Inhuman push. Like Toro...clearly stated to be a mutant...but then randomly changed to an Inhuman. Plus just because tbey said "mutation" in the show does not mean she will be made a mutant in the comics. We have already seen a non-mutant be resurrected. Mutation can just mean deviation from the genetic norm.

Having said that I would not put it past them.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

As Kamala seemingly was originally intended to be a Mutant but couldn't be, her being changed back makes sense in time for the MCU to head in that direction as we all know Feige ain't gonna do the Inhumans again.

Kamala got more interaction with Venom, Moon Knight, and Wolverine than she ever did with Spider-Man. Well THIS Spider-Man.

This would hit harder if it were done in Miles' book. It would actually make SENSE.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

LOL, they just up and called Entertainment Weekly to try and get ahead of the leaks?

"Save me! Save me Entertainment Weekly! Oh, save me!"

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    LOL, they just up and called Entertainment Weekly to try and get ahead of the leaks?

"Save me! Save me Entertainment Weekly! Oh, save me!"

Everyone's talking about it and they're already the Number 1 selling comic and now people outside of those that buy the comics on a mainstream level are currently and going to be talking about it.

Just like we are here.

So it's mission accomplished.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Everyone's talking about it and they're already the Number 1 selling comic and now people outside of those that buy the comics on a mainstream level are currently and going to be talking about it.

Just like we are here.

So it's mission accomplished.
    Can't deny this.

Whatever reasons people might wanna give, the Marvel corporate decision makers absolutely look at these numbers as evidence audience has emphatically voted for more of this.

If you hate this run and want it to change, fully disengaging is the only way to make that happen. And even then, it might just be that lots of people pick this up and find it good. Michael Bay's transformer's movies made a mint. Anything is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Can't deny this.

Whatever reasons people might wanna give, the Marvel corporate decision makers absolutely look at these numbers as evidence audience has emphatically voted for more of this.

If you hate this run and want it to change, fully disengaging is the only way to make that happen. And even then, it might just be that lots of people pick this up and find it good. Michael Bay's transformer's movies made a mint. Anything is possible
    It also gets even more conversation going around her character and movie before it comes out.

This type of stuff is intentional. They probably didn't want it to leak or reveal it this early. But I guess they figured after the leak "Ah what the heck.. may as well."

If people think the people are MARVEL weren't paying attention and don't know exactly what the fanbase expected vs what they were actually going to do they're lying to themselves. The guy whose writing this comic is the one writing The MARVELS movie. They know exactly what they're doing.

Fantastic Member

It also gets even more conversation going around her character and movie before it comes out.

This type of stuff is intentional. They probably didn't want it to leak or reveal it this early. But I guess they figured after the leak "Ah what the heck.. may as well."

If people think the people are MARVEL weren't paying attention and don't know exactly what the fanbase expected vs what they were actually going to do they're lying to themselves. The guy whose writing this comic is the one writing The MARVELS movie. They know exactly what they're doing.
    I don't disagree with any of this. It's so clearly to set her up to be resurrected as a mutant, potentially with her MCU powere and a new #1. Likely around when the movie drops. I don't think it's gonna supercharged sales for the eventual Ms Marvel comic but it will give it more of a shot.

Ms Marvel will be fine. I don't think Wells and Lowe did this with any misogyny, racism, etc. Just the pure pursuit of cash, knowing she will be back and even more prominently featured down the road. I can't stand the guys or the stories they are telling but this seems run of the mill make a buck type stuff here. Unlike the MJ/Paul stuff which just feels intentionally toxic.

My big issue is that this feels so tacked on from a narrative perspective. From the press release, Ms Marvel has neither been an important nor pivotal part of this run. And if issue 26 shows she's been in the background actually playing a major role in the major beats of the book, I'd roll my eyes.

She's not played a major or meaningful role in this story. I could see Wells trying to reveal that Peter went to her off panel and asked her to observe and step in if anything went off the rails. But that's no substitute for having her be a part of the narrative on panel.

But that's why I think these guys are bad at making comics. Even if they are good at making money.

And this will be the most anyone has talked about the comic version of Ms Marvel in about 2 years.
    As Kamala seemingly was originally intended to be a Mutant but couldn't be, her being changed back makes sense in time for the MCU to head in that direction as we all know Feige ain't gonna do the Inhumans again.

It's working for all the wrong reasons, especially when this is just so blatantly bad and mean-spirited.

And what even is the point of making her a Mutant other than synergy? Being an Inhuman was barely relevant to her as it is.

Mary Jane is gonna need her husband Paul to hold her and make some sweet sweet love to her after this. Resulting in twin babies named May and Benji to go along with the other two brats.