Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Oh who would have thought sending "Wave after wave" of your men to die without any plan or even changing your tactic would create problems when one of the men has an adamantium reinforced skeleton and razor sharp blades?

This once again is why i have a problem taking this whole thing as serious as the writer wants. Because so much is build in unfounded and senseless stupidity of the heros at what should be their best, rather than the quality of the adversaries.

To be perfectly honest, X-writers have essentially written the X-men to a point where **** like this needs to happen cause power levels have grown too highly

I enjoyed this issue. That opening death scene was genuinely shocking. Also, Firestar was the MVP and had a moment both she and her fans deserved. Regarding the "schism" between Jean and Scott, I suspect we will get more context in Mutant First Strike, X-Men #23 and #24, and the Hellfire Gala issue. Lastly, as for the "stupidity" of our merry band of mutants, I chalk it up to burnout due to continuously staving off so many consecutive threats. It happens to the best of us.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Mighty Member

I mean, it's a matter that Duggan is pulling on from years back.

Is it unfortunate that it exists? Sure, but I'm not mad for Duggan remembering what other writers did this era and going "That would bite them in the ass."

Duggan writing Cyclops has turned into a nightmare. He makes him so dumb. He's not confident in anything, constantly makes dumb mistakes and decisions. This is probably the worst I've ever seen Scott written

I prefer comics that can occasionally acknowledge a perceived plot hole as a problem, rather than automatically coming up with a random explanation that it somehow wasn't even a problem at all. Fictional characters make mistakes, just like real people do.

Therefore, I have zero issues with the clones being left behind. It's not like they could realistically recover all of them either way.

I believe Hickman seeded Wolverine's bodies being left behind for later use, likely in this way. Remember: the writers have acknowledged that he left behind an outline of his future plans for the franchise, which has served as a rough map for its trajectory. I wouldn't be surprised if Fall of X was built into Hickman's original idea and was supposed to happen much sooner.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    To be perfectly honest, X-writers have essentially written the X-men to a point where **** like this needs to happen cause power levels have grown too highly
    But, why? Nobody says anything to the Avengers or the FF or the Hulk or Thor or Ironman or anybody else who's powers keep growing every year. Why should the X-Men need to have their powers levels regulated?
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 05-17-2023 at 11:22 AM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Same. She’s always been a force to be reckoned with.

I just want her power sound-effect to come back!

FZEEECHAKT!
    Yesssssss!

Someone here's a New Warriors fan lol

Extraordinary Member

It does not even feel all that big of a deal. This is not like some threat to mutants. Adamantium is not some sort of Kryptonite to them. There is no reason Orchis can't acquire the means to make it and put the resources into doing it if they actually had any use for it other than to stuff it it some robots that will get scrapped just as easily. It feels like a weak attempt at 'connecting' things, which is fine I am not expecting anything of literary value here, but don't throw it back like this and have Scott be all "uh..........".

I swear I remember someone else pointing out the various bodies Logan left behind, but I can't remember in which series this was mentioned. It was a few months to a year or so back.

Astonishing Member

On another note, I'd say its almost guaranteed that Dazzler is the winner of the X-vote and a new addition to the team in Year Three.

Duggan does like having his new mutant characters recur (like Curse, etc), so I doubt this is the last we'll see of Woofer. And you can't tell me that he wasn't created with scenes involving Ali in mind - not when his power is the LITERAL inverse of her own. And which basically sets the two of them up to be a self-perpetuating circuit where their powers continuously feed into each other.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Here are my thoughts on todays issue

https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...nd-of-my-tears
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Just thumbed thru X-Men #22 and noticed that apparently, Dr. Stasis isn't the one who achieved Dominion.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I swear I remember someone else pointing out the various bodies Logan left behind, but I can't remember in which series this was mentioned. It was a few months to a year or so back.
    I think it was brought up in one of Percy’s X-Force, but I could be wrong.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Wait... Unless you're talking about mutilated bodies Logan's left behind for dead I don't get it...