Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How strong exactly are Superman's digestive fluids? Can he digest rocks? Steel? Diamonds? If he threw up, would it dissolve things like Xenomorph blood? What would happen if you shrunk Wolverine down to half a foot tall and forced Superman to swallow him?

Astonishing Member

Even if he didn't have super acid, his guts are invulnerable and the peristalsis movements problem could crush most things into manageable chunks. The idea of super elimination abilities SHOULD NOT BE A NEW THREAD (for the children).

Does Wolverine have some kind of adamantium ligaments and tendons? Otherwise if you remove his flesh, does he fall apart?

But can Sups handle a spicey sauce from meme Condiment King
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ultimate Member

OP has raised a good question.

If he's the Man of Steel, how did his "steel" get lubrication to the point of.... ecstasy?

(I've completely sidetracked the original question).

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    OP has raised a good question.

If he's the Man of Steel, how did his "steel" get lubrication to the point of.... ecstasy?

(I've completely sidetracked the original question).
    Red solar irradiated underwear...so that's why he wears red underpants, you never know when Lois might need you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I would like to remind people of Green Arrow's Chili.

Also a note: We actually know Ollie's chili recipe is. (It's on that exact image, in fact)

Apparently, if you follow the recipe the end result isn't that Spicy

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Hear me out. Superman can feel things. Fairly well established. The warmth of Lois and so on. His invulnerability doesn't necessarily translate into lack of nerve sensation across the board. He's mentioned in Post Crisis for example about how he enjoys the taste of cantaloupe melon.

Spicey food causes intense pain but doesn't actually inflict damage to your taste buds as far as I understand it. So my question is:

Would Superman or other extremely durable/invulnerable characters be susceptible to the pain inflicted by spicey food?
    Hmm, how can Superman taste food but not feel pain from spicy food or concentrated caffeine in coffee, etc.? Force fields aside, how can Superman have skin that feels soft when Lois touches it but is almost invulnerable?

It's a dichotomy. He shouldn't feel pain from it or even the slightest discomfort. But, for that to happen, his body couldn't work anything like any real body with a digestive system really works. So the question is impossible to answer by any sort of reasoning other than, once again, "Comic books", which is not really reasoning at all.
    Power with Girl is better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Hmm, how can Superman taste food but not feel pain from spicy food or concentrated caffeine in coffee, etc.? Force fields aside, how can Superman have skin that feels soft when Lois touches it but is almost invulnerable?

It's a dichotomy. He shouldn't feel pain from it or even the slightest discomfort. But, for that to happen, his body couldn't work anything like any real body with a digestive system really works. So the question is impossible to answer by any sort of reasoning other than, once again, "Comic books", which is not really reasoning at all.
    https://youtu.be/4Ugebzq3juE

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Also a note: We actually know Ollie's chili recipe is. (It's on that exact image, in fact)

Apparently, if you follow the recipe the end result isn't that Spicy
    Define "isn't that spicy" and the spice tolerances of the person who said it wasn't, because while I've made and enjoyed chili orders of magnitude more potent than what Ollie presents here, I've also seen individuals struggle with chili spiced only with smoked paprika.

The tablespoon each of the essentially mild California, Gebhardt, and New Mexico chili powders may very well be more than some normal people (with regards to capsaicin tolerance) are used to, though I'm certain it's the mere teaspoon of cayenne that's really behind the reactions, because cayenne powder does a lot more work than I originally gave it credit for.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Define "isn't that spicy" and the spice tolerances of the person who said it wasn't, because while I've made and enjoyed chili orders of magnitude more potent than what Ollie presents here, I've also seen individuals struggle with chili spiced only with smoked paprika.

The tablespoon each of the essentially mild California, Gebhardt, and New Mexico chili powders may very well be more than some normal people (with regards to capsaicin tolerance) are used to, though I'm certain it's the mere teaspoon of cayenne that's really behind the reactions, because cayenne powder does a lot more work than I originally gave it credit for.
    I assume the person meant that it wasn't like, spiciest in the world spicy. Just normal Spicy

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Which was my point. Comic books. Real world logic does not apply. Let's remember the core appeal of comics and super heroes, the fun of being kids.
    Power with Girl is better.