Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Peter, not long ago, while was controled, wrote HELP ME in the sand, called himself liar, traitor and spy...And now that he is free, he do not remeber anyting? I hope he will not get caught by the chronicler again, I even hope he and Domino will be together again, but I'm affraid dark future awaits him...

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I mean, your mileage may vary, obviously, but I don't think any of us are unfounded when we call it bad writing because Percy acts like cause and effect only exist for his plot whenever he wants it to. There's literally ZERO consistency with regards to who knows what about Hank and other X-Force related drama....one issue Hank's being led off in chains after X-Force shuts down his prison moon that he somehow managed to build without anyone the wiser, and then the next issue Hank's back to working with X-Force 'on probation' and then a month later over in Wolverine's solo Hank's bullying the Five into resurrecting Logan without a brain without the slightest indication his power/authority was ever curtailed, and then his Logan-puppet gets caught on camera assassinating a US Congressman, the Quiet Council goes wtf Hank, and then a couple months later Hank's actions are 'finally' exposed to the Quiet Council who at that point act like this is the first they're hearing about ANY of this, despite the fact that we know for a fact that they at LEAST knew about the on-camera-assassination that had the US demand Hank testify before Congress.

Like....its a mess. Its not good writing when you can't make heads or tails of continuity and who knows what in even four consecutive issues of Percy's stuff, because its all over the map and contradicting itself left and right.
    A lot of this can be explained if you rearrange the issues in a different chronological order. They're not necessarily always happening at around the same exact time. That said, even if there might be some conflicts and general comicbook publishing plot holes in that respect (How can Batman be in 5-10 different comics every month, huh?), the chosen portrayal of the character of Beast has been internally consistent. For better or for worse, it was where Percy wanted to take him and he's still continuing to draw the same path.
    Last edited by Souther; 05-17-2023 at 12:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    A lot of this can be explained if you rearrange the issues in a different chronological order. They're not necessarily always happening at around the same exact time. That said, even if there might be some conflicts and general comicbook publishing plot holes in that respect (How can Batman be in 5-10 different comics every month, huh?), the chosen portrayal of the character of Beast has been internally consistent. For better or for worse, it was where Percy wanted to take him and he's still continuing to draw the same path.
    I mean, 'the writer has consistently portrayed this character as over-the-top-bad' is a bit of a low bar for me, but if it works for you, hey, more power to you.

On the bright side I don’t know any Marvel series in recent memory that’s gone past issue 50 so… this’ll probably be done in the next 10 issues.

like x-men green that this arc ends quickly, the writing of beast was not bad at the beginning then it became nonsense with the attempted murder of the little girl and ****** father for no legal reason I don't see how have little to fix this, except if everything krakoa acts as if nothing had happened

I might be getting confused with timelines, or perhaps I’m not reading this right but…..Colossus is now free, with no memory of what happened (sorry dead girlfriend ) So the time spent with him under another’s control, begging silently for help; the build up that this was going to turn out really bad for the QC (especially after he had Kurt and Ororo’s vote) is fixed by a single time jump. Was all of that for nothing?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I might be getting confused with timelines, or perhaps I’m not reading this right but…..Colossus is now free, with no memory of what happened (sorry dead girlfriend ) So the time spent with him under another’s control, begging silently for help; the build up that this was going to turn out really bad for the QC (especially after he had Kurt and Ororo’s vote) is fixed by a single time jump. Was all of that for nothing?
    Being in the future for the moment, he may simply be out of reach of the Chronicler. It is unknown what will happen when they return to the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    On the bright side I don’t know any Marvel series in recent memory that’s gone past issue 50 so… this’ll probably be done in the next 10 issues.
    How Al Ewing constantly gets relaunched and this makes it to 50 issues I'll never know. I guess branding probably helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    There were letterless previews of Immortal 12 that made it seem like it wasn't resolved, but not as bad as it could have been.

What a weird thread tbh. There isn't even an ongoing X-force book right now. What's this about Beast being evil? He's nothing of the sort - he's living it up in his solo book right now. There's not even a mention of his girlfriend, Dazzler.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post

How could someone hate a character this much? I just...I can't even...
    I'm so sorry, my dude. The first thing I thought when I got to the Beast part of the issue was, "Poor Mungho". Percy is just relentless with his destruction of Beast. I was thinking back to when my favorite character, Angel, was turned into a genocidal monster, but that wasn't as bad as this. The Dark Angel Saga was a really good story, and it had a LOT of setup to explain how and why Warren became what he did. IMO that's completely absent here. Beast is 10x worse than Dark Beast...just because. I still hope there's some explanation for this that will be revealed at the end of the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Being in the future for the moment, he may simply be out of reach of the Chronicler. It is unknown what will happen when they return to the present.
    I definitely think he’s going back to possessed once he returns to the present. Not only does he have to wreck stuff in Immortal, but in future cover art he’s clearly dressed like a mind-controlled version of himself loyal to Russia.

We (justifiably) spend a lot of time talking about the Percyfication of Hank, but Piotr has gotten such a raw deal out of this too. He’s essentially been forced to be a non-character with zero autonomy for like 4 years now. The only nice moment he’s had in recent memory was his small role in New Mutants when he reconnected with Yana.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I'm so sorry, my dude. The first thing I thought when I got to the Beast part of the issue was, "Poor Mungho". Percy is just relentless with his destruction of Beast. I was thinking back to when my favorite character, Angel, was turned into a genocidal monster, but that wasn't as bad as this. The Dark Angel Saga was a really good story, and it had a LOT of setup to explain how and why Warren became what he did. IMO that's completely absent here. Beast is 10x worse than Dark Beast...just because. I still hope there's some explanation for this that will be revealed at the end of the storyline.
    I don't think there is going to be an explanation. Hank being possessed by Sublime is the only out now, and there's been no hint of that so far. Hank will be out of X-Force by this July, so we can assume a heroic Logan kills him. Then Hank gets revived with only his Avengers memories and we're supposed to just forget everything that happened(which is fine by me, as in, if this EVER ends, I'm going to pretend this whole thing never happened, but others won't like this).

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    What a weird thread tbh. There isn't even an ongoing X-force book right now. What's this about Beast being evil? He's nothing of the sort - he's living it up in his solo book right now. There's not even a mention of his girlfriend, Dazzler.
    Yes! Like this!
    Last edited by Mungho; 05-17-2023 at 06:50 PM. Reason: that joke was stupid, sorry
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Fun issue and the art was amazing. Percy has reeled me back in officially on this book. One thing I don’t understand is why Logan is in a jar, we’ve seen him regrow limbs, despite that L.O.D.O.K. Is fantastic. (I’m officially trademarking that nickname lol)
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

I think the combination of this story not being thought of highly and the cheap narrative redemption arc of "they were possessed" will result in Beast being redeemed in the eyes of fans just like Emma and Bishop were for their actions in other horrible storylines. I disagree that those stories are held against them. Those who do dislike them seem to dislike them for other reasons outside of those bad stories.