Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Do you think Inhumans deserve SECOND CHANCE?

With the news that Kamala Khan will die in the upcoming ASM. And Moongirl's backstory has no tied with the Inhuman's history in the TV series. Do you think this is the end of the Inhumans? Marvel cancel all the Inhumans-related runs and end it with 'Death of Inhumans'. Since then, Inhumans have become irrelevant to the point they never reference as much. I honestly don't know what to say. But if it's true that Marvel retcon Ms. Marvel's power to fit the synergy, it's going to be the final coffin for the Inhuman race.

Wait, whaaat???? Why would they kill off Kamala Khan????

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    With the news that Kamala Khan will die in the upcoming ASM. And Moongirl's backstory has no tied with the Inhuman's history in the TV series. Do you think this is the end of the Inhumans? Marvel cancel all the Inhumans-related runs and end it with 'Death of Inhumans'. Since then, Inhumans have become irrelevant to the point they never reference as much. I honestly don't know what to say. But if it's true that Marvel retcon Ms. Marvel's power to fit the synergy, it's going to be the final coffin for the Inhuman race.
    I don't see why not, they are basically punishing fictional characters and their fans for something someone that is no longer with company did. There are characters that sold worse and still show up so the sales poison argument is just bullcrap. That being said the corpse of the inhumans has been twitching a bit. Hickman is using Black Bolt in the illuminati which apparently wasn't allowed to do when they showed up at the Hellfire gala a few years back. Orlando claims that he has some sort of Inhuman project coming up
    https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...82487671775232
    There is a pet avengers mini with Lockjaw and one of his siblings coming out in August.
    So who knows, maybe the lock is loosening

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

yes, but slowly.

I think they should be reintroduced in Fantastic Four and then slowly built back up.

I mean every house of the Inhumans are dead, so it is an actual blank check to rewrite the mythos and remove any bad taste that is was left behind in fans' minds.

I think if they did it slowly and deliberately it would be awesome.

As much as I loved Paul Jenkins “refresh”, I think they should just go back to the royal family and gently reintroduce them (in FF, as suggested).

No, I don't. Sorry.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How many second chances have the Inhumans had?
    "Cable was right!"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How many second chances have the Inhumans had?
    I mean why not, they're pretty cool if you build up the mythos.

I feel like Jenkins did well to make them the Inhumans mysterious and kinda scary and then Hickman blew them up with the Universal Inhumans.

The biggest mistake was thinking they were a 1:1 replacement of the X-Men with is idiotic beyond belief.

I personally like the palace intrigue and I think that's where the Inhumans thrive.

The Inhumans always seemed to be a group the writers didnt really know what to do with and most writers didnt seem passionate about. That could be from the fact that the Marvel higher ups dont seem to be excited about them as well.

I think they do need a second (or third, or fourth) chance.

I like the idea of bringing them back slowly in the FF since that is where they started to begin with.

They just need a writer that cares about them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Yes, I totally wish they got a second chance. This time I think they need to start small and really focus on having one very strong book for the franchise.
    Even back in the terrigen mist era, I was interested in them exploring the Inhumans as metaphors for the effects of colonization and immigration.
    They're a people deeply affected by outside forces, who chose to alienate themselves from the rest of the world only to discover descendants that were already deeply integrated into outside cultures.
    Now these descendants have to deal with their cultural roots and their lack of belonging both in the places they were born in (where terrigen made them "other") and in their supposedly home country (where they don't see themselves in the culture).
    And the original Inhumans have to figure out if they open up to these descendants and risk losing their identity as they're faced with a level of outside integration they've never had to deal with before.

That's a very basic way of explaining my idea because I should be doing other things rather than posting now lol.
    But basically, I think there are several ways to differentiate the Inhumans from the Mutants, but finding their own unique metaphor is one of the best ways to further cement their role and purpose in the MU.
    The Mutants may have their own nation now, but I think the Inhuman's history provides a greater opportunity to deal with these questions of nationalism, cultural identity and the immigrant experience, whereas mutants are much more connected to other metaphors such as sexuality and race.

I don't think fan reception makes any property more or less worthy to invest in although it certainly affects the decision making at marvel. X-men wasn't exactly the hottest thing before GS X-men in 1975 and Claremont's run after that. Magneto was a mustache twirling baddie and the O5 were mostly boring. Claremont's run changed all that. Post HoM/Disassembled to HoX/PoX is another period considered lowly by the fans for all the extinction events and misery in general. Some even consider this period starting with Morrison's run with the destruction of Genosha and all that. Then Hickman did what Claremont had done and revitalized the property. What the Inhumans need is a writer of the same caliber building them up. The real question is, will marvel allow it.

Astonishing Member

The Inhumans are great as a team, but not interesting in a book focusing on the politics of the entire society. I think the best way to reintroduce them is individually in other books -- Crystal in Avengers, Medusa in Fantastic Four, Trigon in Namor (if Namor gets a new ongoing), etc. Actually, I think Medusa and Crystal were always the most interesting members. Black Bolt has a great look, but is kinda dull.

But, honestly, I don't think an ongoing works for the Inhumans. Mini-series with a set purpose and story is the way to go.

Extraordinary Member

Fictional characters don't "deserve" anything, they got pushed or panned based on their perceived reception and popularity.
    When Marvel is out of their phase of feeling the need to appease fans, they will probably do that, who knows.

With the right approach, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Wait, whaaat???? Why would they kill off Kamala Khan????
    Check the appreciation thread of Kamala Khan for the details. It seems she will die in an upcoming Spider-Man comic, followed by a funeral mini.

There is a lot of speculation about when and how she would return, and many say that she will be changed to be a mutant with the powers of her MCU version, but so far that's just speculation. Perhaps it's just the plain old gimmick "let's kill an important character for a couple of months to attract attention and get things going, and then bring her back as if nothing had happened".