Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

[QUOTE=kcekada;6474917] Black Bolt has a great look, but is kinda dull.
    /QUOTE]

It is hard to make a character that cant talk interesting in my view. I read a lot of Inhuman stories and I cant think I ever found Black Bolt a fun character to read. In fact the the appearance of his I remember the most is when The Hulk whooped up on him in World War Hulk.

Edit - I know I messed up quoting the post.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-18-2023 at 08:09 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

[QUOTE=babyblob;6475011]
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Black Bolt has a great look, but is kinda dull.
    /QUOTE]

It is hard to make a character that cant talk interesting in my view. I read a lot of Inhuman stories and I cant think I ever found Black Bolt a fun character to read. In fact the the appearance of his I remember the most is when The Hulk whooped up on him in World War Hulk.

Edit - I know I messed up quoting the post.
    Saladin Ahmed’s Black Bolt mini is actually really good. It shows the character can in fact be a good protagonist.

[QUOTE=Factor;6475017]
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Saladin Ahmed’s Black Bolt mini is actually really good. It shows the character can in fact be a good protagonist.
    I have never read it but will put it on my read list. Thank you for the info.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I liked the nuhuman era so I'd be interested in seeing what those characters are up to.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

This is a stupid question. They weren't given a "first chance." They've been around since the 60's and one of the first Marvel characters created, created by Jack Kirby, and had multiple solos since the 70's and have always been a part of Marvel stories.

They had their story expanded and people were gaslighted to believe it was bad because they needed a scapegoat for being upset at something and Disney took advantage of the social media backlash.

Just because people think they "got one chance" doesn't mean it's true and it just continues social media toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    With the news that Kamala Khan will die in the upcoming ASM. And Moongirl's backstory has no tied with the Inhuman's history in the TV series. Do you think this is the end of the Inhumans? Marvel cancel all the Inhumans-related runs and end it with 'Death of Inhumans'. Since then, Inhumans have become irrelevant to the point they never reference as much. I honestly don't know what to say. But if it's true that Marvel retcon Ms. Marvel's power to fit the synergy, it's going to be the final coffin for the Inhuman race.
    Id hardly call them irrelevant - just because of some negative fan-noise

They are Fantastic Four characters similarly to The Shiar being X-Men characters.

They just need more stories, tie ins to the FF and not be used to try to replace another franchise in popularity.

The Crimson Cadre could be The Inhumans Imperial Guard.

There could be an new team of Inhumans again but they don't work as Earth's heroes. Make them a Space team.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They are Fantastic Four characters similarly to The Shiar being X-Men characters.
    They were a group with their own solo comics dating back to the 70's and have had events that heavily incorporated them like Earth X and Infinity. They've been in different books, not just Fantastic Four books. I don't know how you got Sh'iar.

not be used to try to replace another franchise in popularity.
    They weren't used to replace another Disney franchise. If anything the Avengers pushed the X-Men to the side by expanding more, but go forbid we get more stories for old characters. This came after Silent War, Illuminati and War of Kings. It's not like the Guardians of the Galaxy or the Neftlix Defenders.

And after writing for inhumans, Hickman dumped a lot of inhumans elements in X-Men.

they don't work as Earth's heroes. Make them a Space team.
    They aren't like other franchises and aren't a "team." They're a species with different factions, including their most important one on Earth (Attilan). They're most famous comic runs takes place on Earth. I think this is hard for people to grasp because most characters are black and white, and not grey. People also compare them with the X-Men when they should really be compared with mutants.

These points basically sum up what social media has pushed and it's apparently caught on if this is still coming up 6 years after their "Death of" event.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This is a stupid question. They weren't given a "first chance." They've been around since the 60's and one of the first Marvel characters created, created by Jack Kirby, and had multiple solos since the 70's and have always been a part of Marvel stories.

They had their story expanded and people were gaslighted to believe it was bad because they needed a scapegoat for being upset at something and Disney took advantage of the social media backlash.

Just because people think they "got one chance" doesn't mean it's true and it just continues social media toxicity.
    I dont see how you think they wernt given a first chance. They were featured heavy in the early days if the FF. They have done several guest appearances in other titles. They have had their own books and minis several times. They have been in some big events. They were tied into the origin of a popular hero (Khamla Ms Marvel)

They were given a first chance and then some.

I dont see how you think they wernt given a first chance. They were featured heavy in the early days if the FF. They have done several guest appearances in other titles. They have had their own books and minis several times. They have been in some big events. They were tied into the origin of a popular hero (Khamla Ms Marvel)

They were given a first chance and then some.
    Because that's not called a "chance." They expanded their story as mainstays in Marvel comics lore. They aren't anything new and have been in different stories for the past 60 years. They're established characters created by Jack Kirby. Just because people don't read everything doesn't mean they're new to the world of Marvel comics to be given a "chance."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the right approach, sure.
    That's just it, it comes down to the approach.

I really enjoyed Charles Soule's book.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Because that's not called a "chance." They expanded their story as mainstays in Marvel comics lore. They aren't anything new and have been in different stories for the past 60 years. They're established characters created by Jack Kirby. Just because people don't read everything doesn't mean they're new to the world of Marvel comics to be given a "chance."
    I dont recall anyone saying they are new to the world of Marvel. Just that they wanted to see some characters they enjoy being given another shot at a title or some guest appearances rather than being sent to the dust bin for the rest of time.

I dont understand how being given guest spots and several titles is not a chance. That is the very definition of a chance. Being given books to see how they do in terms of sales and the wider world of Marvel comics.

In order for that to happen The X-Men would have to let them have their identity back.77m9nf.jpg

X-Men is just the Inhumans now. It's funny how some fans of the X-Men are in denial about this.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-18-2023 at 11:07 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I dont recall anyone saying they are new to the world of Marvel. Just that they wanted to see some characters they enjoy being given another shot at a title or some guest appearances rather than being sent to the dust bin for the rest of time.
    New characters are given "chances." The Inhumans are legacy characters that were created in the golden era of Marvel by the creator of Marvel lore himself. There are no "chances." They just are. That's why the social media attacks against them as dumb.

I dont understand how being given guest spots and several titles is not a chance. That is the very definition of a chance. Being given books to see how they do in terms of sales and the wider world of Marvel comics.
    It's not a chance because they are just written in stories. That's it. They are incorporated in stories because they are Marvel characters. There isn't much more to it. Disney canceling Inhumans comics at Marvel is just as petty as them canceling the Fantastic Four. It's unnecessary and insulting to the readers.

Yes. I don't think fans in general hold things against the characters as much as the staff behind the scenes will have people think.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yes, but in the sense that I've always thought they worked best as components of someone else's story, or used as individual characters in team settings, like Medusa in FF or Crystal in Avengers. I thought the Jenkins mini was great but the most recent push for them always rang really forced and hollow for me, dictated by the desire to dial back focus on mutants since they were controlled in other media by Fox at the time. That whole push brought about some good moments, like the Karnak series, but overall felt pretty vacuous.

So I'd say bring them back as story elements for an FF run or something, but hold off giving them their own stories until there's a legit great one to do, rather than a desperate need to create an X-Men knockoff that Disney controls.