Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Favorite Rumbles Ever - (a feel good thread)

Take a trip down memory lane! Lets remember the moments that hooked us all as nerd debate enthusiasts. = )

Lets break this down a little. List the following and explain what you enjoyed about them:

1: Favorite FUNNY threads/moments made by your fellow posters.
    2: Favorite FUNNY threads/moments made by yourself!
    3: Favorite SERIOUS debates/threads made by your peers.
    4: Favorite SERIOUS debates/threads made by you!

Have fun! Bonus points for linking the threads in question or giving detailed responses as to why you enjoyed the moments ^_^
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I am definitely going to reply to this, but possibly not now.

I will say that one of the best Rumbles on the old board was 'Rumblers against 8-Legged Freaks in a Mall', where we were stuck in a mall being swarmed by the 8-legged freaks in question. Given choice of weapons, equipment, and set loose.

We had people forming alliances, choosing their stand-points, taking weapons with a consideration to what the others on their chosen teams had, EVERYONE was getting into that thread...was a blast.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Thanos bathroom thread still lives in my brain even though it didn't actually have many posts iirc
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Thanos bathroom thread still lives in my brain even though it didn't actually have many posts iirc
    Well, it helps that Nik drew a picture and then everyone mistook his belt for something else.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Take a trip down memory lane! Lets remember the moments that hooked us all as nerd debate enthusiasts. = )

Lets break this down a little. List the following and explain what you enjoyed about them:

1: Favorite FUNNY threads/moments made by your fellow posters.
    2: Favorite FUNNY threads/moments made by yourself!

Have fun! Bonus points for linking the threads in question or giving detailed responses as to why you enjoyed the moments ^_^
    1. Not intentionally funny, but it ended up being hilarious (though sadly no longer extant because it was on the old server, so can’t be linked). The thread was something like ‘Every Avenger and X-Man, plus King Kong, versus Every Hogwarts Witch/Wizard and Twilight Vampire”. Every time it was pointed out how stupidly unbalanced it was, the rules changed. Like a constantly-evolving clusterfuck. But it was a BEEEEEAUTIFUL piece of surrealist art. It created such legendary figures as ‘King Kong: Wizard Puncher’ and ‘The Invisible Magnet’ (the latter because the OP couldn’t decide how powerful Magneto’s forcefield was, so arbitrarily decided it was as powerful as Sue Storm’s… which didn’t actually help, because they didn’t know how powerful that was either, so they’d just replaced one unknown value with another). I actually cried laughing in the office at that one.

2. My favourite funny moment of mine was probably the random Sentry rant during the Rank in Strength II thread. I would link, but… the search system on this site still sucks donkey balls and I really do not have the patience for it (I’ve tried, honest).

It's a long list that changes all the time.

For just a few examples, we have Pendaran and Crawford agreeing (with some hilarity beforehand) while acknowledging that this is a rare thing (I love it, though there will be a lot of people who don't know the history). Nik getting sidetracked, as he puts it, with some fantastic results that got even better later. A short back-and-forth between myself and Pendaran re: the Cass Debacle. The discussion of the Sauron/Necromancer fight in The Hobbit movie (your thread, Arby).

The various Gank Squad threads were pretty good as well.

I have some amusing stuff in my sig, but one I couldn't fit in (due to liking the other ones more) is Bitvyper, with a single-line post that for some reason had me spitting coffee all over my keyboard (again).

And, of course, Bane getting a legit win. I don't think I need to explain why this one is good.

I could go on, but you get the idea. There's a lot.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nik getting sidetracked, as he puts it, with some fantastic results that got even better later.
    Haha, nice one.

This piece is sadly no longer able to worked on since my [entirely legitimate] copy of Flash died. I have a new bit of freeware animation software which I've been tooling around in (Pencil2D), but I don't think it can import or edit Flash Project files. So, while I've still got all of it on my system, I don't think it will go further unless I rework it from the ground up, which is a bit of a nightmare proposition.

Though I was animating recently so it's not impossible. >_>

The most recent iteration of it that I put online was part of my 2018 Animation Reel which was particularly productive year for me. It's the last thing in the reel, timestamp of around 00:39.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-23-2023 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Haha, nice one.

This piece is sadly no longer able to worked on since my <entirely legitimate> copy of Flash died. I have a new animation software which I don't think can work with Flash Project files. So I've still got it on my system but I don't think it will go further unless I rework it from the ground up, which is a bit of a nightmare proposition.

Though I was animating recently so it's not impossible.

The most recent iteration of it that I put online was part of my 2018 Animation Reel which was particularly productive year for me. It's the last thing in the reel, timestamp of around 00:39.
    Going to have a look at that. ^_^
    Why are we here?

I had forgotten the Miburo/Gladdy Vote animation. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Probably the thread I personally take the most pride in is the General Purpose Anime/Manga Algorithms Thread just because it represents an awful lot of time and research on my part and I hope it is actually useful to the community at large.

My Zatch Bell Respect Thread was also pretty good but that was lost in the wipe but I think someone copied it wholesale so it may be on another site somewhere. Someone sent me a link once, might have been on Comicvine?

I think this sequence of posts covering "how tall is Fry Pan Mountain in Dragonball" and collating my other thoughts on Roshi blowing up the moon is pretty forensic as well.

Favourite dumb thread is probably Dr Octopus versus Naked Maito Gai In A Chinashop, which I believe was lost in the wipe.

Favourite dumb thread is probably Dr Octopus versus Naked Maito Gai In A Chinashop, which I believe was lost in the wipe.
    The 'naked' threads were always good for some amusement. I recall a typo where we had 'Slade Wilson versus Steve Rogers, both baked'. The typo was seized by Pendaran as a good excuse for some hilarity.

This one just sounds utterly ridiculous, though. ^_^
    Why are we here?

I'd like to find a serious debate thread made by myself, but as I've started all of six non-birthday threads since the wipe, and that's probably four more than I ever did before the wipe...

....oh, hang on. Sure, Rumbles Shorthand Thread, that'll do it.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Probably the thread I personally take the most pride in is the General Purpose Anime/Manga Algorithms Thread just because it represents an awful lot of time and research on my part and I hope it is actually useful to the community at large.

My Zatch Bell Respect Thread was also pretty good but that was lost in the wipe but I think someone copied it wholesale so it may be on another site somewhere. Someone sent me a link once, might have been on Comicvine?

I think this sequence of posts covering "how tall is Fry Pan Mountain in Dragonball" and collating my other thoughts on Roshi blowing up the moon is pretty forensic as well.

I think I'm the one who sent you that link. I didn't send it to youon comicvine though

darth sidious Vs Superman was always a favorite of mine the guy really thought sidious would have win I mean we all make mistakes but how do you come to that conclusion?

Schoolhouse Rumbles 2. Some really fun memories of that one! Absolute legends!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.