Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    My Zatch Bell Respect Thread was also pretty good but that was lost in the wipe but I think someone copied it wholesale so it may be on another site somewhere. Someone sent me a link once, might have been on Comicvine?
    I saved a copy of it while we were in a mad scramble to archive things, but I never reposted it anywhere.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Everything referenced was erased in the Great Board Wipe of '14, but...

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    1: Favorite FUNNY threads/moments made by your fellow posters.
    There was that thread where someone had me wake up wearing purple Hulk pants and posited the query if I, the Pantsless Wonder, could tear them off.

Consensus was no, but of course, I could just take them off, so it wasn't much of a thread. :V

2: Favorite FUNNY threads/moments made by yourself!
    I once said something about Zeus slashing Apollo's tires and telling Artemis to take the scenic route in order to extend the night. I can't be certain on the context, but I think it was a mythology debate, and the issue of how literal certain feats from mythology should be interpreted as. I think it was a thread about Okami and if Amatarasu could literally spin an actual galaxy, and how that translated to her power level.

3: Favorite SERIOUS debates/threads made by your peers.
    There was a Justice League vs Avengers: Iconic Line-Ups thread that one poster, I forget who, had this fantastic breakdown of how the fight would most likely go. Had some humorous lines, but I recall it being pretty well laid out.

NeoDragonball by Cleric was the first Rumbles RP by another poster I played which helped get me integrated into the community, and inspired me to make RPs of my own.

4: Favorite SERIOUS debates/threads made by you!
    I don't think any of my versus threads were particularly good. I did make a respect thread for a Strikeforce: Moritori character, Adept, that was fun to put together.

There was a time period where we had a lot of Character Creation Battle Threads going on, which I went pretty hard on for a couple years in the late '00s. Probably too much so, I think I caused a big burn out on the trend, and unfortunately we never seemed to get much traction for them again.

But it was a Character Battle that first really got me to integrate into the forum, and while it wasn't one of my Tournies (I think Oggy hosted that one), it did lead to me doing the Character Creation RPG, which is how I got to know several long-time posters here, became friends and co-writers with a couple in particular, and all that got me to stick around for the longhaul. Good times.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 05-26-2023 at 02:40 PM.

I remember one topic where everyone was designing characters for a Rumbles Fighting Game. That went on for well over a hundred pages and had lots of fun ideas in it.

On the "so stupid it was hilarious" side of things, I can remember a thread where somebody was making long drawn out arguments of why Goku could beat anyone in Marvel including Galactus and the Living Tribunal.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 05-26-2023 at 06:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

You know what...I'm proud of the Us vs Giant Spiders in a mall scenario that Sharp mentioned.

We've kicked asses, it was glorious.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    You know what...I'm proud of the Us vs Giant Spiders in a mall scenario that Sharp mentioned.

We've kicked asses, it was glorious.
    *two thumbs up*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

To continue with the amusement, we have a page full of amusing discussions in a Rumbles that culminates with a hilarious exchange between CoR and Captain Morgan. I don't know why it's so funny, it just is.

Also the Trigon Versus Dormammu, simply due to it referencing the habitual direction of other Trigon threads in an implicit fashion right out of the gate.

Cripes, search for anything involving Trigon on Rumbles you'll probably find some hilarity.

Somewhere I have my own favourite - the explanation of Eternity trolling Nightmare. But it's gone, disappeared somewhere.

There's always some single post hilarity from Pendaran, and Pendaran and Beadle destroying Nik and his Switching Machines in another Gank Squad thread.

Edit: jeez, I keep stumbling upon more of them.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-31-2023 at 10:46 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Also, this thread is awesome for obvious reasons. <- Arby, this is a habit of yours.

And sure, why not? This one as well.
    Why are we here?

Ah some of these names I haven't heard for a long time. Chou, Oggy and such
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    2. My favourite funny moment of mine was probably the random Sentry rant during the Rank in Strength II thread. I would link, but… the search system on this site still sucks donkey balls and I really do not have the patience for it (I’ve tried, honest).
    I finally found this here. By ignoring the Advanced Search and just using the basic one.
    Chief Curmudgeon

WTH did I just read, Beadle? How have I never seen this before?

It was 2020. I was HERE. I mean, COVID times, but I was here.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    WTH did I just read, Beadle? How have I never seen this before?

It was 2020. I was HERE. I mean, COVID times, but I was here.
    That thread was amazing.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That thread was amazing.
    I was looking for this one actually, a fun night of doing some very unsettling art of Sentry for me haha.

That thread led to me first posting (in a completely different thread, admittedly) the head-cannon picture that became ubiquitous for a while.

IMG_0288.jpg
    Chief Curmudgeon

God, some real gems in here.

I need to start actually debating again as opposed to just posting threads.

Also, is Pendaran around anymore these days? All this nostalgia has me thinking of the guy. I know his health took a turn at one point. I hope he's OK.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I'm.. erhm.. hanging in there?

My health did take a turn, Crohn's disease and related complications from various surgeries over the years sucks, and it doesn't leave me with tons of energy for stuff like regularly posting, unfortunately, or a lot of other things. I do still pop in and read threads sometimes, as far as it goes. It was funny for this thread to remind me of "Flash Fact: I hate you all."

Which I do ;p

It's from several board crashes ago, but I did still have the post for myself, so, just to keep in theme of the thread, my personal favourite funny bit of my own doing was when I just lost it enough on the endless Thor vs Superman speed debates that used to eat entire pages of the board and redid Ecclesiastes:

1:1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem:

1:2 “Thor versus Superman,” says the Preacher; “Thor versus Superman, all is Thor versus Superman.” 1:3 What does man gain from all his posts in which he posts under a Thor versus Superman debate? 1:4 One generation goes, and another generation comes; but the debate on whether Thor will get speed blitzed remains forever. 1:5 The mjolnir also rises faster than light, and the mjolnir goes down, and hurries to its place where it rises. 1:6 The kryptonian magic weakness goes toward being weak against all magic weapons, and turns around to no, just being weak against magic spells. It turns around continually as it goes, and the magic weakness returns again to how Kurt Busiek defines it. 1:7 All the scans of Thor being overwhelmed by Mongoose run into the thread, yet the thread is not full. To the threads where Thor fights anyone with superspeed, there they flow again. 1:8 All Thor speed debates are full of weariness beyond uttering. The eye is not satisfied with seeing Thor spin his hammer faster than light, nor the ear filled with hearing Adam Warlock say Thor is faster than the lightning he commands. 1:9 That which has been is that which shall be; and that which has been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new Thor versus Superman debate under the sun. 1:10 Is there a Thor versus Superman debate of which it may be said, “Behold, this is new?” It has been long ago, in the ages which were before us. 1:11 There is no memory of the former; neither shall there be any memory of the latter that are to come, among those that shall come after.