Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 1

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen some speculation that Shang-Tsung is from the ending in the MK11 DLC where he wins.
    The speculation I've seen is both endings of aftermath must be canon somehow. This is the youngest Shang Tsung has ever looked too

I wonder, since Liu is now the protector god trying to make things work out, will Shang be the Satan figure trying to sabotage everything?

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. It's an interesting idea, but it could easily reduce pretty much every character into a mere pawn in their personal conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd like to see her return as well but she seems very unlikely. Especially if the Lin Kuei-Shirai Ryu feud doesn't exist in this new timeline.
    I don't know. Even though she wound up affiliated with the Lin Kuei, Sareena didn't have anything to do with the rivalry between the clans.

I imagine, if she's anywhere in this new timeline, she's likely trying to get away from Quan Chi (if he's around) and/or escape the Netherealm. There's a lot of stuff they could do with her depending on who else comes back.

I think I read somewhere that there's going to be more player choice that effects the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I read somewhere that there's going to be more player choice that effects the story?
    That would be interesting if true.

Mighty Member

Huh. Looks a lot like MK11 but with more combos.

Kameos seem to be like tower assist fighters, but also with Fatal Blows and Fatalities? Kombo Fatalities could be cool.

Kenshi! Love me some Kenshi. And a very in his prime Johnny Cage.

Shaolin Raiden is just weird to see.

Very curious what is up with Mileena and Kitana. Looks like Mileena is Empress (or at least Princess Royal), while Kitana is subordinate to her. But her "disease" is the most interesting part of things. Tarkatan infection? Or the old timeline seeping into the new one?

Stages look great. Character models look very stripped down and simple, I can't say I'm a big fan as of now. Except for Kitana and Mileena, they looked cool. Only Liu, Kenshi and the Edenian Twins had decent skins in that trailer. So over color swap ninjas, I was hoping that never came back. Ugh. That said, the effects for Liu Kang's godly attacks look sick.

Gonna need more before I'm really feeling any hype. But it's off to a decent start.

Johnnyyyy!!!

Kenshi looks amazing.

Kitana and Mileena as actual sisters! As I live and breathe!

Sounds like new VA's for Raiden and Sub-Zero at the very least. The former at least makes sense in the context of the story, not sure if Sub-Zero is actually Kuai or Bi-Han here.

Wait, are Kitana and Mileena the only women so far?

I really hope we get Sindel, Sheeva, and/or Cetrion.

So MK1 has the popular assist mechanic.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I am kind of surprised we haven't seen Sonya outside Kameo form.

Mighty Member

Some streamers and YTers got to record footage off a pre-beta build and post it today. Sub-Zero (confirmed to be Bi-Han), Kitana, Kenshi and Liu Kang were playable, with Kameo Kano, Sonya and Jax.

No loading screens. The characters do intro dialogue clash style, then transition seamlessly into their intro actions before a round. Much better looks at character designs. OMG Kitana looks amazing in her base skin. Kenshi also looks fantastic, the slick red jacket is back. I actually like Sub-Zero's design more than I though now that I have a better look.

Stage interactibles are gone. There are new mechanics for blocking jump attacks that can let you punish on well timed up blocking. Kombo system looks much improved, with air strings, Kameo extensions. Remains to be seen if there are more creative combo paths or if you're as locked in as in 11. Kenshi can summon his spirit and manually move it around the stage, allowing him to attack with both his spirit and his sword at the same time, even from different sides. Ice Klone is back.

Literally everything about this stuff is more exciting than the bland trailer we got yesterday. I am now beginning to feel the hype.

Intro dialogue between Liu and Kitana mentions Jade. Doesn't promise she appears, but it certainly doesn't preclude the possibility.

Gameplay looks fun, though to be honest, I was never the hardcore gamer type.

I don't know how to feel about the Kameos. They sounded like the Marvel vs. Capcom assist mechanic, but here they seem to be a more active part of the fight with their own moves, Fatalities, and they're present during the intros and victory poses.
    I don't know. That kinda makes me hope there's an option to turn them off.

I'm betting Scorpion dies and becomes a spectre during story-mode. And even though he and Sub-Zero (who is Bi-Han apparently) are on the same side, I think it will be Bi-Han's fault in some way. What this means for Kuai Liang, Scorpion's family, and Noob Saibot will be interesting.

Some more info on Kitana and Mileena's situation. Mileena is indeed Kitana's sister and is "diseased" or cursed to mutate into part Tarkatan. I've seen on Twitter some stages that show Sindel sitting on the throne, so I guess she's still Queen. There's also an exchange between Kitana and Sub-Zero where he says she's in Mileena's shadow and she replies she's honored to support her sister. It seems Mileena is heir to the throne, but this disease thing is a problem and she suspects Kitana wants her spot.

I am intrigued by where they go with this. I'm interested in Kitana as the dutiful sister who just wants to support Mileena. It'll be interesting to see if Mileena can get past her paranoia and accept Kitana's help.
    No sign of Jerrod, so maybe he's dead again. Poor bastard just can't catch a break. I wonder if they're going to stick to MK11's retcon of Sindel being evil all along even though most fans hated that. That will definitely be a factor in Kitana and Mileena's relationship.

We also got a Jade mention with Liu Kang warning Kitana to trust her. And she's a Countess now. I wonder if, like Sindel, she'll be playable or just part of the story-mode.

More gameplay footage. Kameo Sonya has a fatality that seems to be a cross between a Kiss of Death and energy blast moves.

In intro clash, Liu Kang mentions Kenshi's "war on the underworld". It seems him being a Yakuza is just a cover.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Noah Fleder is the face model for Kenshi and Gemma Nguyen is the face model for Kitana/Mileena:

https://twitter.com/JustMKollum/stat...66493027823616

There're several videos with them on Gamology's YouTube channel, this one for example (I tried to find a no age-restricted one):

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

The only one confirmed so far, yes.

Sonya is confirmed as a Kameo, Sindel appears in a background and Jade is mentioned in a dialogue.

But there are heavy rumors from three trusted sources that the female base roster playables will be : Kitana, Mileena, Sindel, Jade, Nitara, Sereena, Ashra, Li Mei and Tanya. If true I’m happy with that. 9 out of 24 being women is pretty solid for a base roster. And I like them all. Would I love to have Sonya and Skarlet also in it? Of course! But this is amazing if true.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 06-18-2023 at 08:13 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...