Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 1

I'm loving how OP Sindel seems to be in this game. Very fitting for a queen!

The Rulers of Outworld was one of my favorites so far, only falling behind the Banished one. Sindel and Shao's tensions seems like a huge part of the story so I'm all in on it. Can't wait to see more of the princesses stories too. The Royal family is my favorite part in the lore.

So far I'm loving almost all of the redesigns on the characters.

Can't wait to see Nitara. And I still really hope the last slot is a female. I have a tiny hope for Jade or Sonya still but as this point it may be Kronika or create a character slot.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That's just you're own personal biases at play.

I gurantee you more people in the game's target audience care about Homelander than cared about Robocop
    I guarantee you that statistically far more people have at least heard of Robocop than this "Homelander" bozo (that's the Superman rip-off right?). Go up to anyone on the street and ask them about Robocop, odds are good they'll have some idea of who the character is. Ask the average person about "Homelander" and they'll have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNights
    I've never been a fan of guest characters period. I think they're all lame.
    I respect your opinion but personally I love guest characters. I'm a huge fan of crossovers. There's something magical about seeing characters from different series meet and interact.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Now I'm just bummed Bautista's not in the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I guarantee you that statistically far more people have at least heard of Robocop than this "Homelander" bozo (that's the Superman rip-off right?). Go up to anyone on the street and ask them about Robocop, odds are good they'll have some idea of who the character is. Ask the average person about "Homelander" and they'll have no idea what you're talking about.
    I wouldn't be nearly so confident. The lead characters of major ongoing shows tend to be more well known than old movies do.

Incredible Member

I wouldn't be nearly so confident. The lead characters of major ongoing shows tend to be more well known than old movies do.
    Robocop was made in 1987. That's not old at all. Would you call a 37-year old guy an old man?

An old movie would be something like say, Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror, which was made in 1922. That is an old movie.

Furthermore Robocop is a cinematic icon that's had multiple movies, cartoons, comics, video games, TV series etc. Homelander has one comic and one TV series. It's pretty obvious which one is more well-known.

But anyway, I have to admit that so far this game is looking pretty good.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 08-29-2023 at 04:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Robocop was made in 1987. That's not old at all. Would you call a 37-year old guy an old man?

An old movie would be something like say, Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror, which was made in 1922. That is an old movie.

Furthermore Robocop is a cinematic icon that's had multiple movies, cartoons, comics, video games, TV series etc. Homelander has one comic and one TV series. It's pretty obvious which one is more well-known.

But anyway, I have to admit that so far this game is looking pretty good.
    A movie from the 80s is absolutely an old movie.

And while Robocop has had multiple installments, only one of them is actually considered good or worth remembering.

The leads of popular CURRENT media are going to be more well known than the leads of popular old media.

Incredible Member

A movie from the 80s is absolutely an old movie.
    Again, would you call a 37 year old guy an old man?

And while Robocop has had multiple installments, only one of them is actually considered good or worth remembering.
    That's entirely subjective. Personally I liked Robocop 3.

The leads of popular CURRENT media are going to be more well known than the leads of popular old media.
    I must admit, barring a few exceptions I don't watch much current media. But again, 37 years is not old.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hope this turns out better than Ronda Rousey as Sonya.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not a fan of Fox, and not expecting her to be particularly good, but it would be hard NOT to be better than Rousey's AWFUL Sonya performance in MK11. Literally everything about that stunt casting failed. Worst. Sonya. Ever.

On the positive side, Megan Fox is legit a huge MK fan. So it's got to be fun for her to be a part of the game in a way most fans will never have the opportunity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Megan Fox is an actual actress so she's already better.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Megan Fox is an actual actress so she's already better.
    Right? Even though she's not the best actress ever, we can already see that's she's miles better in this trailer.

And I really like her design here. Would have liked her to look a bit more goth, maybe with dark fingernails, heavy eye makeup and darker wings but the costume, face and gameplay look amazing. The one odd thing for me is her headpiece. Looks off for some reason.

All in all, I'm super happy Fox is in the game. I thinks she fits well with the franchise.

Wonder how any trailers still we're going to have? Maybe another character reveal one with Reiko, the 24th character and the last Kameo and then the final launch trailer.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Kitana, Mileena, Sindel, Li Mei, Tanya, Ashrah and Nitara.

That brings the female character count to seven, not counting Sonya, Frost and Sareena who are cameos.