Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 1

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This trailer was amazing. All three revealed characters and Sereena have such unique gameplays and they all look fierce IMO. Favorite reveal so far. I must confess i miss Ashrah's hat but otherwise she looks amazing. Best costume yet!

Only two more characters reveal trailer I think:

General Shao, Sindel and Reiko in one and then Nitara and two new characters in another? Or maybe Jade will be in it after all and Sindel and her could be in the same trailer.
    She still has the hat. You can see it in the scene where Reptile goes invisible.

Mighty Member

Did we all spot an unconscious/pretending Quan Chi in the trailer? Good stuff.

Reptile looks amazing. I love the idea of Reptile as a character, but I've never really enjoyed playing him. But something about the new design and the gameplay we've seen has me jonesing to take him for a spin.

Ashrah! My fave 3D era character returns at last! And she looks amazing. Pair her with that sexy Sareena demon kameo for thematic shenanigans.

Havik. Dude is creepy AF even for MK. I'm a little surprised how toned down the design is, I kind of expected them to go ham with the flayed skin. If anything, this even makes him MORE unsettling, so it was probably the right choice. I am, at some point, going to have myself a hearty chuckle as I watch him rip his own arm off and beat dudes with it.

So, story snippets: Raiden is never seen with the Kang Gang. Over/under on Raiden turning evil? I feel like it's almost expected. Somebody, say a Quan Chi or a Shang Tsung, strolls up and whispers in his ear "In the last timeline, you were the god and Liu Kang was the hero. Now he's the god and you're a nobody? How does that work?" After all, every time line ends with Raiden and Liu Kang coming to blows. Alternatively, maybe he just gets kidnapped or something silly. But I like the idea of evil Raiden too much not to hope for it. Black Dragon Raiden, Scion of Shinnok Raiden, Emperor Raiden of Outworld. These things all tickle a place deep inside that make me happy.

Fantastic Member

Seeing how Reptile has green blood, I'm getting the feeling that he, like D'Vorah in MK11 before him, will end up being the unfortunate victim in the inevitable Fatality/Brutality/Fatal Blow compilations on Youtube.

I like that the markings on Sareena's face & body aren't tattoos now but scars. That's a cool touch & plays into the idea Quan Chi and the Brotherhood literally branded her as a servant.

Her demon form looks cool, if a little predictable. If I could make any change, I would make her face more overtly monstrous. But that's a minor thing.

In previous games, she was able to look perfectly human, but now we see her true form showing through somewhat. I like the implication that the monster in her is always threatening to come out.

I wonder if there's an in-universe reason? Is she still relying on Quan Chi's magic and it's not as effective? Has she not mastered in this timeline like she did in the previous?

Or is it just another one of those design choices the creators ran with because they think it'll be cool, like Mileena's constantly changing jaw.

Although she's a Kameo, the fact Sareena was given a new design & moves does give me hope she'll be DLC. Or at least play a part in the story.

Is she still good at heart? Does she still hate that she's a demon and long for freedom? What will her relationship to Ashrah be, if any? For that matter, is Ashrah's sword still the Datusha and warping her mind?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

Although she's a Kameo, the fact Sareena was given a new design & moves does give me hope she'll be DLC. Or at least play a part in the story.
    I wish I could have the same hope. However remember NRS gave Ermac a new design in MK11 and all he had was a cameo in the Krypt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I like that the markings on Sareena's face & body aren't tattoos now but scars. That's a cool touch & plays into the idea Quan Chi and the Brotherhood literally branded her as a servant.

Her demon form looks cool, if a little predictable. If I could make any change, I would make her face more overtly monstrous. But that's a minor thing.

In previous games, she was able to look perfectly human, but now we see her true form showing through somewhat. I like the implication that the monster in her is always threatening to come out.

I wonder if there's an in-universe reason? Is she still relying on Quan Chi's magic and it's not as effective? Has she not mastered in this timeline like she did in the previous?

Or is it just another one of those design choices the creators ran with because they think it'll be cool, like Mileena's constantly changing jaw.

Is she still good at heart? Does she still hate that she's a demon and long for freedom? What will her relationship to Ashrah be, if any? For that matter, is Ashrah's sword still the Datusha and warping her mind?
    In the trailer Ashrah said her human appearance is a result of her expelling most of the evil within her. We can apply that to Serena and her human form

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    In the trailer Ashrah said her human appearance is a result of her expelling most of the evil within her. We can apply that to Serena and her human form
    Ashrah expels her evil because she has a magic sword that purifies her. Sareena doesn't have that sword. Her human form was always dependent on Quan Chi's magic or absorbing the energy of realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She still has the hat. You can see it in the scene where Reptile goes invisible.
    She does. When she’s in disguise in the story. But I meant as her defaults gameplay look.

Of course she’ll have it as alternate skins though.
    A picture would last longer darling...

It still blows my mind that Sareena has only been playable in armageddon and a gba game

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    It still blows my mind that Sareena has only been playable in armageddon and a gba game
    I was hoping she would be DLC in MKX seeing as how she appeared in the story. But instead they went with Bo Rai Cho. A character that even most people that are open to post trilogy characters being revamped generally felt "meh" towards.

Incredible Member

I`m so thrilled with this game. each trailer gets me more excited

I've created a AI fan art of the color coded ninjas, adding Li Mei and Reiko to the mix.

mkninjas.jpg
    https://ibb.co/52FJkxm

Male Ninjas:

Yellow - Scorpion
    Blue - Sub Zero
    Red - Ermac
    Purple - Rain
    Green - Reptile
    Gray - Smoke
    Black - Noob
    Brown - Tremor
    Iridescent - Chameleon
    Burgundy - Reiko
    Yellow (cyber) -Cyrax
    Red (cyber) -Sektor

Female Ninjas

Blue - Kitana
    Purple -Mileena
    Green - Jade
    Yellow - Tanya
    Red - Skarlet
    Gray - Khameleon
    Pink - Li Mei
    Light Blue - Frost

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    mk12.jpg

one can dream?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Does anyone else think the guest characters seem like strange choices? I mean look at the guest characters in previous games-

Freddy Kruger, Jason Voorhees, Alien, Predator, Rambo, Robocop etc. Say what you will, I think we can all agree those are iconic characters.

This game has... J. Jonah Jameson in a superhero costume, some kind of Superman/Captain America ripoff and a guy that looks a bit like a parody of the Golden Age Flash (Jay Garrick.) These seem like joke characters.

Will anyone care about these clowns?