Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 165

Thread: Mortal Kombat 1

  1. #1

    Default Mortal Kombat 1

    My Forum check it out

    Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

    Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    It took me a second to realize that's human Raiden with Kung-Lao.

    I guess in Liu-Kang's new universe Kitana and Mileena were raised as sisters and princesses together. Maybe Sub-Zero and Scorpion were never arch-rivals.

    Surprised we didn't see Sonya or Johnny in the trailer.

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    427

    Default

    I'm hoping this time we can get at least 3 post trilogy era characters that haven't been playable since Armageddon to make the cut. Havik, Reiko and Sareena would be my choices.

    And when it comes to the original 7 characters, I think Kano should sit this one out. It wouldn't be the first time. Back when MK2 came out, nobody batted an eye when he and Sonya got cut. Unlike the controversy Midway got for leaving Scorpion out of the original MK3. If Kano does get in, then this will convince me that they're putting him in just for the sake of having all of the original 7.

  4. #4

    Default

    Reptile will suffer like always. Boon just hates this character.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-18-2023 at 02:52 PM.
    My Forum check it out

    Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

    Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

  5. #5

    Default

    Wow! This trailer looks amazing. As a fan of Kitana and Mileena, I'm super pleased with how they look and that they are getting back to basics.

    As for the Kameo characters mode, rumor has it that they will be a totally different roster only available as assist to the main playable characters. If true, I hope non of the fan favorites are chosen to be in that role. I hope Mileena is playable from the get go, don't want her assisitng Kitana! I could see them putting Jade as the Kameo for Kitana and maybe Tanya as Kameo for Mileena? Dunno, just speculating.

    What other character that wasn't shown, apart from Johny Cage (since he's confirmed) are a must for you to be in the game?

    Sindel, Kano, Sonya, Baraka, Nightwolf, D'Vora, Smoke, Ashrah and Kolector would be musts for me. I also would like if the game introduced new female characters that don't look like copies of the sisters.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-18-2023 at 03:55 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

  6. #6
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Hey, look! Netherrealm finally figured out how to do a game reveal that shows off more than 2 characters! Go team.

    Fire God Liu looks... well, fire. Raiden and Kung Lao look a bit drab. Could do without the color swap design choice for Sub/Scorp, but at least Sub doesn't have his little sailor hat from 11. Kitana and Mileena look DELICOUS.

    Curious to see who else makes the cut, and who the villain for the story mode turns out to be. It won't be Shang Tsung, that's too easy.

    As for must have characters, I have exactly one: Quan Chi. I'm kind of hoping for heroic, remix Quan Chi, personally. But I have several hopes (not musts): Cassie Cage, D'Vorah, Jade, Black Dragon Sonya (pursued doggedly by her arch foe, the noble Special Forces Major Kano). Would love A Shokan, I don't really care which. Maybe Kintaro just to be different.

  7. #7
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    13,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Reptile will suffer like always. Boon just hates this character.
    He got a happy ending in MKX.

    As for characters, give me Smoke and Ermac.

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,086

    Default

    Say this for Nether Realm, they are not afraid whatsoever to shake up the story

  9. #9

    Default

    I'm good with a complete reboot of the franchise. The story's been...well, it was always kind of a mess. But MK9 just made it worse and it hit a wall with MK11.
    A fresh start would be welcome to clear the baggage.

    The real challenge will be making things different enough, so they aren't just rehashing the same old beats, without betraying the things fans loved about the characters and lore. That's a fine line to walk.

    They seem to be leaning into the familiar with Kitana and Mileena, but I am intrigued by the implications of this timeline. It looks like Shao Kahn never conquered Edenia here, so that's should have some major ramifications for them both.

    That Mileena even exists at all is interesting. She's still deformed and appears to be sulking in the trailer. So...Mileena being Mileena. I wonder, since Edenia wasn't conquered, yet she still exists as Kitana's sister, how is she treated by Jerrod and Sindel?

    I might be reading into it, but Kitana doesn't come across as hostile to her presence.
    And if there's no Kahn, Kitana theoretically won't be as battle-hardened as the original. She probably hasn't spent much of her life as a ruthless killer or endured the horrors her OT counterpart did.

    Maybe in this timeline Kitana is a total sweetheart who genuinely cares about Mileena...even if their parents don't? That would make an interesting dynamic.
    And maybe Kitana's arc in this game will be her forced to grow out of her sheltered life and get that killer's edge if she hopes to survive and protect the people and things she loves?

    I just hope, for Kitana, they won't go too far with the "Perfect Princess" thing or make her a damsel in distress who can't do anything without someone there to hold her hand.
    And I hope they do something different with her and Mileena's relationship and don't rehash the same rivalry all over again. We've seen them hate each other long enough, let's see some development finally.

    I don't want to get my hopes up, because the NRS writers aren't great when it comes to these things, but I'll keep an open mind. There are interesting directions they could go with this. At least it's a proper reboot and not that jackassed "No, Raiden's only going to change some things" BS from MK9.


    And add Sareena to the game, you cowards!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'm good with a complete reboot of the franchise. The story's been...well, it was always kind of a mess. But MK9 just made it worse and it hit a wall with MK11.
    A fresh start would be welcome to clear the baggage.

    The real challenge will be making things different enough, so they aren't just rehashing the same old beats, without betraying the things fans loved about the characters and lore. That's a fine line to walk.

    They seem to be leaning into the familiar with Kitana and Mileena, but I am intrigued by the implications of this timeline. It looks like Shao Kahn never conquered Edenia here, so that's should have some major ramifications for them both.

    That Mileena even exists at all is interesting. She's still deformed and appears to be sulking in the trailer. So...Mileena being Mileena. I wonder, since Edenia wasn't conquered, yet she still exists as Kitana's sister, how is she treated by Jerrod and Sindel?

    I might be reading into it, but Kitana doesn't come across as hostile to her presence.
    And if there's no Kahn, Kitana theoretically won't be as battle-hardened as the original. She probably hasn't spent much of her life as a ruthless killer or endured the horrors her OT counterpart did.

    Maybe in this timeline Kitana is a total sweetheart who genuinely cares about Mileena...even if their parents don't? That would make an interesting dynamic.
    And maybe Kitana's arc in this game will be her forced to grow out of her sheltered life and get that killer's edge if she hopes to survive and protect the people and things she loves?

    I just hope, for Kitana, they won't go too far with the "Perfect Princess" thing or make her a damsel in distress who can't do anything without someone there to hold her hand.
    And I hope they do something different with her and Mileena's relationship and don't rehash the same rivalry all over again. We've seen them hate each other long enough, let's see some development finally.

    I don't want to get my hopes up, because the NRS writers aren't great when it comes to these things, but I'll keep an open mind. There are interesting directions they could go with this. At least it's a proper reboot and not that jackassed "No, Raiden's only going to change some things" BS from MK9.


    And add Sareena to the game, you cowards!
    I like your ideas and speculations on it. The sister's relationship is what intrigues me the most as of now.

    EDIT: Also, watching the trailer again I have a feeling that Mileena is actually the ruler of Edenia instead of Kitana in this universe. Based on how they're seated in the charriott. This could be an interesting twist.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-20-2023 at 08:36 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Hades
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    I have only one request for the reboot: fix Sindel!

  12. #12
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    13,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I like your ideas and speculations on it. The sister's relationship is what intrigues me the most as of now.

    EDIT: Also, watching the trailer again I have a feeling that Mileena is actually the ruler of Edenia instead of Kitana in this universe. Based on how they're seated in the charriott. This could be an interesting twist.
    Where is Jade? It's odd to me that Kitana doesn't have her best friend by her side.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,880

    Default

    * I wonder what powers human Raiden will have.

    * I don't know if it's the lightning, but Kitana and Mileena seem to have a touch of gray in their hair.

    * While the rest look fine, this version of Shang Tsung veers into uncanny valley territory. Some things just don't look great under graphics like this.

    * And how is Shang Tsung even still around? Or is this like how Joker was in Injustice 2 even though he was dead in story mode?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post


    And add Sareena to the game, you cowards!
    I'd like to see her return as well but she seems very unlikely. Especially if the Lin Kuei-Shirai Ryu feud doesn't exist in this new timeline.

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Reptile will suffer like always. Boon just hates this character.
    I think you're confusing Reptile with Hsu Hao.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-21-2023 at 06:26 PM.

  14. #14
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,208

    Default

    I've seen some speculation that Shang-Tsung is from the ending in the MK11 DLC where he wins.

  15. #15
    Incredible Member Doom'nGloom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Netherrealm seems to be mixing time periods. Didn't Liu Kang go to Great Kung Lao's time at the end of 11? Then there shouldn't be Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Either way I'm excited.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •