Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 1

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    But there are heavy rumors from three trusted sources that the female base roster playables will be : Kitana, Mileena, Sindel, Jade, Nitara, Sereena, Ashra, Li Mei and Tanya. If true I’m happy with that. 9 out of 24 being women is pretty solid for a base roster. And I like them all. Would I love to have Sonya and Skarlet also in it? Of course! But this is amazing if true.
    I would definitely be happy with that lineup. I'm not super familiar with Sereena, Ashra, or Li Mei, but I loves me some Sindel, Jade, and Tanya.

New bios.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKomba.../new_mk1_bios/

Not thrilled they seem to have erased Edenia. I hope I'm wrong.

Is Kuai Liang Scorpion this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A lot of fans think this is the case.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    New bios.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKomba.../new_mk1_bios/

Not thrilled they seem to have erased Edenia. I hope I'm wrong.
    I'm mad that the Tarkatans went from being a race to a disease. Talk about downgrade!

More main and kameo reveals coming.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/16...838274560?s=20

I'm not sure how to feel about Edenia. On the one hand, yeah, it is something to effectively erase the realm considering how important it was to so many characters. On the other hand, it really is a redundant realm. Back in the Midway days, once it was freed after MK3, Edenia became just the other, prettier Earthrealm. It served no purpose except to have bad guys invade.
    I can see the practicality of just making it all Outworld. However, this might make Outworld a less interesting setting. If it's the Edenian paradise now, it will presumably be less of the macabre and weird fantasy land that it was in MK2 and on.

I am interested in where they go with Kitana and Mileena. It seems now their enmity will be based on paranoia rather than jealousy. As I said, I kinda like Kitana as the dutiful sister who's just trying to stand by Mileena and support her. I always thought she was at her best, story-wise, when she's trying to do the right thing while everything works against her. I just hope they have Mileena conflicted about all this and don't have her be a one-note "Grrr, I hate Kitana! She ruins everything!"
    I will say I'm glad the "Mileena was innocent and only became evil because Kitana was mean to her" fanon from MK9 is dead and gone. Good riddance. Mileena's not a puppy-dog that just needs a hug.

Whether it's Hanzo and now he's Bi-Han's brother, or Kuai Liang is Scorpion, it's a pretty bold move to effectively combine the two into one character. Might not make much a difference from a gameplay perspective, but story-wise, Scorpion is Hanzo, and Kuai Liang is (or was) one of the franchise's best developed characters. I wonder how that's going to go down and how much the fans will accept it.

I really hope we get more characters announced/confirmed soon.

I think witth the heavy rumors they should just announce Rain, Reptile and Sindel at least. She and King Jerrod are mentioned in the official website bios for Kitana and Mileena in other countries outside the US.

Would you like some new characters? I wouldn't mind if we had at least one female and one male fighters added to the lore.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I think there are going to be new characters, but I honestly wouldn't mind if there weren't any for this one. The MK roster has so many underutilized characters, I think just bringing some of them back would be fresh enough.

I'd rather see the likes of Sareena, Ashrah, Hotaru, Li Mei, Nitara, Havik, Drahmin, Mavado and Kai (among others) get another chance. I'm sure some of them will with this one, but I think slots given to new characters would be better used on the ones they already have that are just sitting on the bench.

I'm just wondering if any of the Kameos will end up playable or if they'll just end up DLC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'm not sure how to feel about Edenia. On the one hand, yeah, it is something to effectively erase the realm considering how important it was to so many characters. On the other hand, it really is a redundant realm. Back in the Midway days, once it was freed after MK3, Edenia became just the other, prettier Earthrealm. It served no purpose except to have bad guys invade.
    I can see the practicality of just making it all Outworld. However, this might make Outworld a less interesting setting. If it's the Edenian paradise now, it will presumably be less of the macabre and weird fantasy land that it was in MK2 and on.

I am interested in where they go with Kitana and Mileena. It seems now their enmity will be based on paranoia rather than jealousy. As I said, I kinda like Kitana as the dutiful sister who's just trying to stand by Mileena and support her. I always thought she was at her best, story-wise, when she's trying to do the right thing while everything works against her. I just hope they have Mileena conflicted about all this and don't have her be a one-note "Grrr, I hate Kitana! She ruins everything!"
    I will say I'm glad the "Mileena was innocent and only became evil because Kitana was mean to her" fanon from MK9 is dead and gone. Good riddance. Mileena's not a puppy-dog that just needs a hug.

Whether it's Hanzo and now he's Bi-Han's brother, or Kuai Liang is Scorpion, it's a pretty bold move to effectively combine the two into one character. Might not make much a difference from a gameplay perspective, but story-wise, Scorpion is Hanzo, and Kuai Liang is (or was) one of the franchise's best developed characters. I wonder how that's going to go down and how much the fans will accept it.
    I would say Edenia has the distinction of being a realm that was conquered by Outworld and eventually won its freedom. It can be looked at as a symbol of hope that other realms that suffered such a fate can be freed as well (Deadly Alliance even has a character called Nitara whose goal is to separate her realm from Outworld). Edenia also comes with its own (potential) unique locations, cultures, history and characters which I think is more than enough to separate it from Outworld. Edenia in general reminds the audience that other realms besides Earth, Outworld and Netherealm exist, which is a good thing in my book.

Plus, you've got a decolonization narrative with it and who doesn't love that?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Scorpion/Hanzo has always been my favorite character from Mortal Kombat, but if this change was made, I'd totally be cool with it. I actually think its an interesting twist.

1. Liu Kang is now the keeper of time. It'd make sense if he found a way to save Hanzo's Family.
    2. It'd be an interesting new take on their rivalry. Again, as much as I love Scorpion/Hanzo, his particular rivalry with Sub-Zero dragged on for too long. I was happy they were allies at the end.

Mighty Member

Smoke and Rain confirmed. Smoke looks fantastic, Rain goes full mage.

J Cage looks really technical and heavy rushdown. Gonna miss the green energy, and no projectiles will be weird. But the way they capture his arrogance and flash in the moveset is pretty cool.

Scorpion looks like Scorpion. I've never liked his moveset, I never will. Still a great character, just not my flavor of fun.

But dat Smoke tho. Very hyped for that.

Human Smoke?! Finally.

Mighty Member

Supposed bios leaked on Reddit. Smoke is now the adopted son of the Lin Kuei Grandmaster, who took him in after he was orphaned (his parents apparently killed by Lin Kuei acting out of turn). More fuel to the Kuai Liang is Scorpion fire, as he is confirmed to be Sub-Zero's (Bi-Han, already confirmed) blood brother, and has the same close relationship with Smoke.

Not sure how I feel about that. Kuai Liang is my favorite MK character of all time, edging out Liu Kang, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. But I really hate playing as Scorpion.

Rain is Outworld's High Mage, appointed by Empress Sindel. And apparently trained in water sorcery by General Shao (no-longer-Khan). Outworld is starting to look spicy in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Human Smoke?! Finally.
    I mean, he was human the last time he was playable as well. Unless we're counting Triborg, but that was explicitly a different character with the same moveset.