Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's too much random rug-pull nonsense to try and guess what they'll do.
    Quoting for absolute truth.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But then the fans just got even more angry.
    I mean, when Wells admitted Lowe told him to avoid conventions, it was clear they didn't care about that either. (If anything they welcomed more anger.)

To be honest, I don't think Wells and Lowe fully grasp what they did and just how angry people are (and I mean people in general - not just Spider-Man fans on the internet). It's hard to imagine this not being a PR nightmare for Marvel right now.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-19-2023 at 09:47 AM.

They were advertising this big shock death. MJ's death was telegraphed with the three skulls thing on her Jackpot power roulette... so no, it was never going to be MJ, she was an obvious red herring. Would've never guessed the death would be Kamala though. Wells is writer of The Marvels, so you'd think that was why she was being used in ASM. He wanted her to be used somewhere to promote it and neither her solo nor Champions are active.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I figured they wouldn't kill her off, since she was the crux of this whole Paul storyline, and killing her off would derail the story entirely. I just hoped she would die so it could derail the story entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I kept going back and forth on it. They had done it once before, so why wouldn't they do so again? But...then ASM #25 came out and it was full of fake-outs, I think that was around the time I realized that she wasn't going to die. I didn't see Kamala coming, though, primarily because I forgot she was even in this series.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

How wild would it be if this was a false leak/reveal and they DO kill MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    How wild would it be if this was a false leak/reveal and they DO kill MJ?
    I think the Internet would explode...again!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I think the Internet would explode...again!
    I'd probably just have a good laugh at this point. But not like a happy life. Like how Sally laughs at the end of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Where I've just survived nearly being brutally murdered and eaten, while covered in blood and laughing hysterically as my mind slowly slips into the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I'd probably just have a good laugh at this point. But not like a happy life. Like how Sally laughs at the end of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Where I've just survived nearly being brutally murdered and eaten, while covered in blood and laughing hysterically as my mind slowly slips into the void.
    I never saw that movie, Horror ain't really my thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I never saw that movie, Horror ain't really my thing.
    It's a good'un. Not as bloody or over the top as the title would make you think, more psychological than slasher really, but I totally get it. Horror is very much a thing you either dig hard, or not really at all.

To be fair, the real death would seem more unlikely.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Having a completely different superhero barely connected to the larger arc in a Peter & MJ story bite it was pretty unexpected, yes.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 05-21-2023 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Well, it's a choice, certainly.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I did. And I honestly thought Kamala was on the cover of issue #26 to pad the numbers of candidates like Captain America and Human Torch. Marvel fooled me by doing something dumb.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Makes more sense than Kamala Khan.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.