Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it did kind of feel like they were wearing it on their sleeve how much they didn't care about MJ and wanted to keep her and Peter apart to the point where you could maybe believe they'd kill her off because fans had stopped caring by then.
    This run has been so bad, especially with respect to what was done with Peter and MJ after they just got back together in the previous run, that I was expecting the worst. At that point, why not? I was pleasantly surprised that Wells chose and was allowed to kill Kamala, which outside of some decent Tombstone action earlier on is basically the only thing that gets a thumbs up from me. Legitimately unexpected move and removes a character I don't like.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    This run has been so bad, especially with respect to what was done with Peter and MJ after they just got back together in the previous run, that I was expecting the worst. At that point, why not? I was pleasantly surprised that Wells chose and was allowed to kill Kamala, which outside of some decent Tombstone action earlier on is basically the only thing that gets a thumbs up from me. Legitimately unexpected move and removes a character I don't like.
    What's wrong with Kamala Khan? She's one of the most inoffensive characters I have ever seen in the Marvel Universe.

I never did, but I hardly fault the people who thought there was a legitimate chance for MJ to die. Marvel doesn't treat her the way the premier love interest of the flagship character should be treated, as someone who brings hope, inspiration, clarity and support to him, they use her as someone who only brings him pain, guilt, misery and ridicule. They know that and they take advantage of it. This is only the latest example, though I did not expect they would decide to fridge another female character who doesn't even have any relevance to Spider-Man lore just to keep trying to reinforce that MJ shouldn't be Peter's main love interest. It's an incredibly scummy way of trying to taint both characters and their relationship, and leaves horrible optics no matter how it plays out or whether Kamala is back in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What's wrong with Kamala Khan? She's one of the most inoffensive characters I have ever seen in the Marvel Universe.
    you don't have to be offensive to be disliked.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I will say that while Kamala was my girl, I can see some legit reasons to disloke her. She was annoying under Waid and I wouldn't be surprised if other writers butchered her. She did Bruno's GF Mike dirty, her flip-flopping with Bruno was annoying, and she left New Jersey for a mental break, but did so by transferring schools and ghosting everyone she cared about, while leaving the city fairly defenseless.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I will say that while Kamala was my girl, I can see some legit reasons to disloke her. She was annoying under Waid and I wouldn't be surprised if other writers butchered her. She did Bruno's GF Mike dirty, her flip-flopping with Bruno was annoying, and she left New Jersey for a mental break, but did so by transferring schools and ghosting everyone she cared about, while leaving the city fairly defenseless.
    That...that's actually a pretty fair take on Kamala's personal issues.

There was zero chance, although I did not guess Kamala as the death. They’re not going to kill her, Wells has her as Peter’s endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    My main reason is that they seemingly dumped Ultra-Girl from the comics completely so they could throw Kamala in as Carol's sidekick... when she already had one.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    My main reason is that they seemingly dumped Ultra-Girl from the comics completely so they could throw Kamala in as Carol's sidekick... when she already had one.
    I miss Ultra Girl, it sucks that she got tossed aside.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker