Amazing Member

Default Disney World's Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is closing

Well this happened. We paid for and were excited for our Christmas Vacation arriving on Christmas Eve and spending Christmas day in Galaxy's Edge with dinner Christmas Night at the Captain's table. The price was an astounding 6,100+ dollars for 45 hours. Firstly let me admit that I thought this extremely expensive and more than a little insane to spend that amount of money, but I have been a Star Wars fan since I saw the original in the theatre and could not believe my luck to be able to do something like this. Costumes were ordered. Lightsabers at the ready.

Could I afford it? Meh. But this is something we were doing as a couple to celebrate our first year of marriage. Why not? I'm old enough, have worked long enough, busted my ass working in a hospital through Covid. So why not.

Over 2 hours on hold. Three hours working out the logistics. Disney offered us the stay in September (2nd to last "launch") for half price. That means buying two more airline tickets and then booking two more nights during Christmas week in one of their other hotels and purchasing four additional park tickets. No discount for that. We could have walked away from it all, but would have lost the money for the airline tickets we already bought for December because we decided not to pay for the insurance. Am I upset? A little. They could have at least given us free park tickets for the two day hole they left.

Before anyone gets on me about how other people can't afford this and I should count my blessings, you should know I grew up exceptionally poor and clawed my way out of poverty to what I have now.

Will it be worth it? I don't know. Am I looking forward to it? Not like I was before. Disney should be ashamed.

Oh sorry. I didn't notice this thread until after posting it in another thread.

This closure should not be a surprise considering the ridiculously exorbitant price tag that only wealthy people can afford. Most of the Star Wars fans are middle-class Americans who would need to save their money earned from their jobs for one year to be able to afford a two-day booking for this Star Wars experience.