Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Also you can't punish Marvel for using momentum to promote their other films, thats what they're supposed to do. Its called the Marvel Cinematic Universe for a reason.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    To show respect to Lee and Colan and keep a great creation of theirs in the public eye. Why should one of their great characters be kept from appearing in new stories? And in a related manner, why should Cockrum's design be banished? As a matter of personal taste, I like all of his designs and I do not like McKelvie's designs. But to disregard personal taste, I don't think anyone can counter that Cockrum's has had more of a dynamic influence on comics. So, why bury a costume he designed?
    Mar-Vell hasn't been the guy that Stan and Gene created in a very long time. It was like only a little over a year when Roy Thomas massively revamped him. Then a few years later Jim Starlin revamped him again. I think back in the 80's they didn't bring him back out of respect to Starlin's Death of Capt Marvel story, but as time went on, there really wasn't part of his mythos that wasn't being used elsewhere. They simply weren't going to get anything out of bringing him back that they couldn't already do in some other form. I don't think Dave's suit is "banished"...they probably just wanted to breathe a little new life into Carol by giving her a new look as they've done with most of their characters from time to time.

Yeah - but due to the change of the codename that came with the introduction of the modern design, I can't see Carol reverting to that look. It's still used in flashbacks or in stories set in the past (like X-Men 92: House of XCII) without being altered like, say, Robin in recent years (who had pants added to his costume, for example in World's Finest). They can bring the Cockrum Ms. Marvel suit back by passing it to another character. Ultra Girl fits the bill since Carol gave her one of her old costumes previously. The only problem is it's over a decade since she appeared at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I prefer Carol as Captain Marvel.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Some names someone should get:
    1. The Marvel
    2. Ms. Marvelous
    3. Marvel Woman
    4. Marvala Khan
    5. Sergeant Marvel
    6. Agent Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which is exactly why Suzy should be reintroduced. She's been gone since before Kamala's debut, so they've never met, and nor does Suzy know that Carol turned out to be half-Kree herself. She could have some interesting new interactions with them both now.
    YES!!! a young Avengers team would be nice. Have Suzy and Kamala on it with a few others. Despite being Carol's sidekicks.... they really have nothing in common powers-wise.

Maybe have Suzy use a variant of her Earth-11080 outfit. Which was an orange version of this one. However it also had full leggings apparently. Which was a thing Suzy's original costume had.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 05-26-2023 at 01:34 PM.

True. Carol is known for having differently powered partners though - she's also had Arana and Hazmat as proteges.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    True. Carol is known for having differently powered partners though - she's also had Arana and Hazmat as proteges.
    I was just saying that it makes them interesting as a team. and yeah throw in Arana and Hazmat, might as well

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    1. The Marvel
    2. Ms. Marvelous
    3. Marvel Woman
    4. Marvala Khan
    5. Sergeant Marvel
    6. Agent Marvel
    7. They/Them/Their Marvel

1. The Marvel
    2. Ms. Marvelous
    3. Marvel Woman
    4. Marvala Khan
    5. Sergeant Marvel
    6. Agent Marvel
    Agent Marvel is actually pretty decent. Though I don't know if it would fit Kamala. Are there any good names that correspond to her powers?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Agent Marvel is actually pretty decent. Though I don't know if it would fit Kamala. Are there any good names that correspond to her powers?
    The Marvelous Ms. Marvel.

Not really, elastic and shapeshifting heroes always have that problem. Elastigirl is taken by two other characters (Doom Patrol and Incredibles), Morph belongs to Kevin Sydney from the Exiles (originally a 1960s X-Men character called Changeling, changed for the TV show in the 90s due to Beast Boy being called Changeling at the time), and the main Marvel character with stretchy powers also has a similarly non-descript name - Mister Fantastic.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

No. It would be a stupid regression for Carol.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

1. The Marvel
    2. Ms. Marvelous
    3. Marvel Woman
    4. Marvala Khan
    5. Sergeant Marvel
    6. Agent Marvel
    You forgot Doctor Marvel
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Really don't get the hate some people have for Carol using Captain. The girl earned it, has the strongest claim to it, and the only time Mar-Vell actually mattered was when he died....before many of us were born.

Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers. Not Mar-Vell, not Monica, not Billy Batson. I don't foresee us going backwards, and we shouldn't.

Oh, for silly names:

Professor Marvel.

Marvel Red.

Marvel X.

Executive Marvel.

Ensign Marvel.

Kid Marvel Jr.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-28-2023 at 09:44 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.