Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

No. Carol is Captain Marvel now and she deserves to use the name as much as any other Captain Marvel. And I like that Kamala took the name Ms. Marvel because she is a fan of Carol.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Ultra Girl would fit the bill, Carol offered her one of her old costumes before (the original one), but Norman Osborn confiscated it for Karla Sofen to wear as the Ms. Marvel of the Dark Avengers. Just have Suzy show up with longer hair (she always had a bob, but she's not appeared in over a decade, so a change of hairstyle wouldn't be a surprise and it's needed for her to look the part), Carol reunites with her and offers her one of her old costumes again, and there you go, an active character who looks like the 80s and 2000s Ms. Marvel.
    I was thinking the same thing...give Susie the black costume. She can modify it...add leggings so it's not a swimsuit any more.
    As for names...Carol is Captain Marvel. She's earned it and deserves it. Kamala (who is obviously not going to stay dead) can keep Ms. Marvel. I would suggest Marvel Girl for Susie, but Marvel keeps yanking that back and saddling Jean Grey with it (same with Marvel Woman.) Let Susie stay Ultra Girl in name, but wearing Carol's old suit (modified of course) and give Carol her own legacy line. If they want to change Susie's name, she can take up Binary (as a signifier to her dual heritage as well as abilities.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That's exactly what happened LOL.

Public: We like Wonder Woman!

Marvel: But we have Wonder Woman at home.

Wonder Woman at homeAttachment 132047
    How'd they get away with giving her a camel toe on the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Some of A and B) Old Warbird / Ms. Marvel outfit, but with the thighs covered (tights/pants instead of bikini bottom and pirate boots), but name Captain Marvel, Binary or Warbird, no going back to 'Ms. Marvel.'

IMO, the old costume, minus the 'thighs out' bit, was more distinctive than her current one.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...give Susie the black costume. She can modify it...add leggings so it's not a swimsuit any more
    Bwahahaha!

The Warbird Costume is the best costume. No IMHO needed. It does not need alterations.
    You're reading a comic book folks. It's quaint compared to what you see in manga. Also it still shows less skin than Wonder Woman who the last time I checked was the feminist icon that Marvel so desperately wants Captain Marvel to be.

So either she is back in black all the way with no alterations or just sports the milquetoast costume that no one really likes.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-21-2023 at 08:28 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

So either she is back in black all the way with no alterations or just sports the milquetoast costume that no one really likes.
    So the important part for you is the sexy costume more than the name, right?

No judging, I just trying to figure is the battlefield is the legacy monikers or the amount of skin showing.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    So the important part for you is the sexy costume more than the name, right?

No judging, I just trying to figure is the battlefield is the legacy monikers or the amount of skin showing.
    No.

I would have preferred that she kept the black costume and went by Warbird or Ms Marvel and Marvel not give up on the Genis-Vell character for as long as they did. I can see why they did. Genis was coming off of Avengers Forever and was full of promise but Peter David just wanted to write Rick Jones and merely tolerated Genis and killed his momentum.

Believe it or not I thought Carol Danvers was one of the best parts of Busiek's Avengers run. Some real character building stuff happened in that run. Oh and another thing, how strange is it that Busiek's Avengers run has become underrated? Busiek was writing it and Perez was drawing it and it was only second to the X-Men franchise back when the X-Men franchise still meant something IMHO

So if she must be Captain Marvel she can at least do it with the best costume.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Bwahahaha!

The Warbird Costume is the best costume. No IMHO needed. It does not need alterations.
    You're reading a comic book folks. It's quaint compared to what you see in manga. Also it still shows less skin than Wonder Woman who the last time I checked was the feminist icon that Marvel so desperately wants Captain Marvel to be.

honestly... if it was Suzy Sherman/Tsu-zana wearing it it'd make sense to change it a bit. Her orange Ultra-girl costume is basically spandex pants and a sleeveless midriff covering top. so making that black with a lightning bolt logo wouldn't be a stretch.
    ultragirl___down_in_it__color__by_dristin007-dcs61ry.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I guarantee a faithful adaption of Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel would've been far more successful in the MCU. If current version of her was so successful, why was her sequel turned into a group venture.
    No. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    No. Just no.
    Yes 100%. Why don't you think so?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Yes 100%. Why don't you think so?
    People love cardboard characters?

I really don't see the point in this change.

Astonishing Member

This is some mighty fine culture war BS we’ve got in this thread

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I guarantee a faithful adaption of Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel would've been far more successful in the MCU. If current version of her was so successful, why was her sequel turned into a group venture.
    Captain America 2 and 3 were "group ventures." And so was Quantumania and GoTG3. Not everyone is Batman and Spider-Man. Aside from Spider-Man, everyone in the MU interacts with other characters. And Spider-Man's movies are solo with cameos while Sony and Disney had the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I really don't see the point in this change.
    And I didn't see the point in the change eleven years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    This is some mighty fine culture war BS we’ve got in this thread
    No.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member

No one knows how well a completely different movie using different story elements would have done, so I don't buy anyone saying that a Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) movie with more "comic accurate" elements would have done better, because there is way to much conjecture to accurately predict that.