Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Either Magneto or Beast. I don't know how they're going to end up redeeming Beast or rerouting him without going all the way to, at very latest, Astonishing X-Men. He's full on fell to the depths of villainy, a slow slide about 10 years ago, but the last year or two he's just rocketed down the abyss.

Magneto's much more complicated. His worst act was probably during Fatal Attractions with the global EMP wave - think about people in airplanes, hooked up to life support machines or otherwise medically dependent on electronics, pretty much all dead. No telling how many millions that covers. Before that, he'd done some really bad stuff but his storyline cycled between villainy and redemption. After Fatal Attractions I don't feel like there was a path to come back from that, and was full on against him joining the X-Men during the Utopia era. That said, take away the Fatal Attractions storyline and I could see much of what he's done in the last 15 years mostly redeeming him.
    I'm not counting the Planet X storyline as after the retcons and retconning those, it doesn't seem like that was the real Magneto. What he did to New York certainly was not in character, given what he went through in the Holocaust.

So for Magneto it's mainly because of one act (two if you do count Planet X), for which he's trying to atone. I still don't think he should have been given the chance, but it is what it is, I don't write the books. Beast is enjoying this slide into what he's become, and much of what he has done has been hands on. That makes it a bit more personally twisted than many of Magneto's acts, many of which were done from afar.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Let's not forget Magneto sinking that Russian submarine.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Aside, from this new merry-go-round of the march of clones, I have yet to figure out what it was that Hank has done to earn him the "Villain of the Year" award. Surel it can't simply be for bringing the Teen-O5 to the present temporally.
    He's murdered and enslaved Logan into being his own personal puppet assassin. He's going around murdering people and doing all types of immoral things in X-Force and Wolverine

At one point they were friends but Beast torturing him and violating him has been one of the biggest betrayal and earned him a top spot on Logan's rogue's gallery
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-21-2023 at 08:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Hank has to be the worst at this point. Otherwise...Charles, Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Logan, Jean, Emma, Bishop, Rogue, Namor, Vulcan,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I know that feel, bro:

Back in day, when my dad would sometimes watch the cartoon with me, his favorite character was beast. I have not told him any recent developments…

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Wasn't Beast also part of the Illuminati during the "blowing up universes" phase? I hate to say it (because I really miss 90's jovial scholar Beast hiding a sad boi underneath persona) but if Namor has any competition, it's Hank. He's gone so far over the top since Krakoa that all he is missing is a mustache to twirl and a power dampener for tying Jean to a set of railroad tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Despite all the praise it gets I haven't personally read that Hickman run yet but from the scenes I remember Im sure the rest of the Illuminati was actually against it and Namor said that he seems to be only one with the will to do it and then he just did.
    Yes, Beast joined the Illuminati when they were trying to solve the problem of Incursions. The main Illuminati were shown to only blow up one alternate-Earth (Black Panther activated the bomb, but everyone else was present and accepted the decision). This Alternate Earth, however, was already lifeless since it was sucked dry by robots. So blowing this Earth up resulted in no deaths.

The Illuminati were shown fighting another Alt Earth, but this one had heroes and was full of life. They ultimately were not able to blow up this Alt Earth since it had people on it, until Namor decided to pull the trigger. So here, Namor is directly responsible for blowing up an Earth, while the rest of the Illuminati (including Beast) were indirectly complicit for having it come to this point.

After this, the Illuminati fractured, and Namor joined the Cabal to continue blowing up Alt-Earths.

So ultimately, there is only one destroyed Earth that Beast is an accomplice to, while Namor is on the hook for that one destroyed Earth, plus the countless others he is shown (and referenced to have) destroyed with the Cabal.

Astonishing Member

Well, nature girl just killed the xmen by having the planet fart on them... so how dose that rank ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well, nature girl just killed the xmen by having the planet fart on them... so how dose that rank ?
    That fart was rank alright
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver