Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Comics August 2023 Solicitations

Damn these Night Terror books all look worse than the last.

DC's a skip for the summer then.

Can’t really say I’m all that excited about anything. And I usually buy Wonder Woman regardless…but this will be the first summer and first time I’ve ever taken a break in 11 years.

Oh my God I am going to save so many $$$ in July and now August.
    Literally no interest in the Bat Knightmare nonsense interrupting all my titles. Luckily with the temporary title changes, my LCS doesn't pull the one-offs for me.

Picking up:
    Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent
    Tales of the Titans
    Worlds Finest: Teen Titans
    (only).

And invariably whichever late issue of the JSA is finally, accidentally, coming out that month.
    (Didn't see any of the newly announced Golden Age JSA minis, assuming those start coming out in September?)
    Last edited by astro@work; 05-19-2023 at 09:51 AM.

I guess we will be hearing post Knight Terror books soon. Not to mention hopefully a new Jon Kent book.

As for what I am reading, basically Knight Terrors and the creative teams I was reading that are tying in. Also Doom Patrol.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-19-2023 at 09:54 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

I am sure I will end up picking up something in the Knight Terrors event but otherwise it looks like Batman/Scooby-Doo, Unstoppable Doom Patrol, Spirit World and the Superman Annual are all I see. Maybe City Boy if I decide to try the first issue and like it.

How much will this event harm the new series (GA, Titans...etc) and other comics that are already slow (coff coff, Nightwing, coff coff)?

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Oh my God I am going to save so many $$$ in July and now August.
    Literally no interest in the Bat Knightmare nonsense interrupting all my titles. Luckily with the temporary title changes, my LCS doesn't pull the one-offs for me.

Picking up:
    Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent
    Tales of the Titans
    Worlds Finest: Teen Titans
    (only).

And invariably whichever late issue of the JSA is finally, accidentally, coming out that month.
    (Didn't see any of the newly announced Golden Age JSA minis, assuming those start coming out in September?)
    Yes they do. JSA itself wasn't solicited either, but since issue 4 is only out next week there's zero chance of #7 being out in July. We'll be lucky if it's out in August! So they were sensible to not solicit issue 8 yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kelly Thompson's first official DC story (and it's Harley Quinn ).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Damn these Night Terror books all look worse than the last.

DC's a skip for the summer then.
    Yep, I only got halfway down and decided not to bother with august. Something big better be coming soon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yep, I only got halfway down and decided not to bother with august. Something big better be coming soon.
    This is the problem with DC leaking info too soon. They have at least six new #1s in September and three in October.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is the problem with DC leaking info too soon. They have at least six new #1s in September and three in October.
    Who said this? And do we know what books?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Who said this? And do we know what books?
    DC has just been releasing this information all over the place.

October is the three golden age books (Sandman, Green Lantern, Flash) and September includes Batman and Robin, Wonder Woman, Flash, Blue Beetle, Power Girl...

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    . . . (Didn't see any of the newly announced Golden Age JSA minis, assuming those start coming out in September?)
    They were announced for October.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/05/05/dc...en-age-series/

DC ‘New Golden Age’ series for Sandman, Green Lantern, and Flash coming October 2023
    Golden Age DC Comics heroes Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, and Wesley Dodds score miniseries this October.

DC Comics continues to announce new series, all part of their Dawn of DC initiative, and today three new titles were announced, spinning out of Geoff Johns’ The New Golden Age banner. The three, six-issue miniseries launch in October, including Alan Scott: The Green Lantern by Tim Sheridan and Cian Tormey, Jay Garrick: The Flash by Jeremy Adams and Diego Olortegui and Wesley Dodds: The Sandman by Rob Venditti and Riley Rossmo.
    “It’s long past time that the heroes of the Justice Society had their own titles again,” said Geoff Johns. “At the same time, they had to be special, important, and emotional stories, each one exploring character, revealing secrets, and introducing new heroes and villains to the DC Universe.”

I still can’t understand why DC would kill the momentum of their Dawn of DC relaunch for yet another crossover by Williamson.
    Very poor timing on their part.
    I’ll only get the minis that are by the same writers as the ongoings I’m already following, which will cut down a lot of my pull list during these months.

At least we’ll get more Doom Patrol, WF: Teen Titans (which suspiciously isn’t mentioned as a mini anymore) and the We Are Legends books.