Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree that Knight Terrors looks eminently miss-able. Derivative and unimaginative at best. Heck, over at Marvel, Dr. Strange's enemy Nightmare has been doing this crap since the early 1960s.

(And, looking at the Zatanna tie-in, DC is apparently stupid enough to import the "magic has a price" mantra--which I am sure will work the same way in the DC Universe as the Marvel Universe, namely that it affects the hero only and none of the magic-using villains. Because that makes "sense." If you are as dense as Jason Aaron.)

So, from the August solicits, only one:

BATMAN BEYOND: NEO-GOTHIC #2

(One of the things I love about Batman Beyond is that, being set Decades-In-The-Future, it doesn't tend to get dragged down into these endlessly repetitive multi-book cross-over "events." The Batman Beyond Books are so enjoyable and relaxing to read knowing that you won't have to buy 27 other titles to get the story.)
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

I have to assume that DC desperately needed an event to buy time for everyone for some reason. Otherwise yeah it’s real dumb that they’re doing this. I’m getting the Superbooks because their writers are staying on through the event, and the Zatanna book, but otherwise everything KT is a skip.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

On the bright side, we’re getting a lot of really nice horror covers out of this event

May or may not get Knight Terrors #4 for Wes Dodds.

Otherwise, probably just an issue of Justice Society of America if one is delayed until an August 2023 release.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

A nice light month for me too as I’m going to try and avoid Knight Terrors:
    - Hawkgirl
    - Superboy: Man of Tomorrow
    - WildC.A.T.s

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Otherwise, probably just an issue of Justice Society of America if one is delayed until an August 2023 release.
    Looks like Justice Society of America #5 may be getting bumped out further from June 20th to July 4th (and who knows if it may get delayed even further before then!), so maybe there won't be an issue of that series released in August?

Yeah, if they're not by the usual writer, that probably means the usual writer didn't want to be involved and the two issues will be filler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Not a damned thing for me.
    I'll be getting the Jay title October and then the new Flash book.
    That'll be it.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Tales of the Titans looks good.
    And at least there's still Scooby Doo...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    God damn AIPT COMICS link again! How many pop up ads do they need???

If someone wants to look without all the commercials...

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-comics...ations-covers/

And yes, another month of nothingness! Although some cool covers

Now, will DC Comics' full September 2023 Solicitations be released today (third Friday of the month) or next week since there are five Fridays this month?

Incredible Member

Now, will DC Comics' full September 2023 Solicitations be released today (third Friday of the month) or next week since there are five Fridays this month?
    I just did a quick Google on it, they've been pretty consistent on the 3rd Friday, regardless of 4 or 5 Fridays, over the past year or so. But, it doesn't "feel" like there have been enough early PR announcements leading up the solicts like usual. But, I guess they did announce GL: War Journal and Batman & Robin, so I guess maybe today is the day?

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    I just did a quick Google on it, they've been pretty consistent on the 3rd Friday, regardless of 4 or 5 Fridays, over the past year or so. But, it doesn't "feel" like there have been enough early PR announcements leading up the solicts like usual. But, I guess they did announce GL: War Journal and Batman & Robin, so I guess maybe today is the day?
    And don't forget the new Birds of Prey series.

Incredible Member

And new Flash and WW series (those ate scheduled for September, right?)

Looks like Justice Society of America #5 may be getting bumped out further from June 20th to July 4th (and who knows if it may get delayed even further before then!), so maybe there won't be an issue of that series released in August?
    And now it looks like Justice Society of America #5 may be released in August . . .