Default Does anyone remember this scene from 80s Suicide Squad?

I recall there was a page where Amanda Waller was about to get on an elevator, and when the doors opened she was looking at herself in the elevator, like an imposter. That ring a bell with anyone which issue it was in?

This was from the 1987 series

Offhand, don't recall it, but it's been years since I last re-read that run.

I believe it was during the “Janus directive” story. They thought Waller had been replaced by a doppelgänger.

Incredible Member

Suicide Squad #26, the immediate run-up to “The Janus Directive.”

Awesome thank you! I gotta track it down because I can’t recall what happened with the Waller double.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Awesome thank you! I gotta track it down because I can’t recall what happened with the Waller double.
    Waller later said she killed the double (or something) and let everybody (but especially the bad guys) think she was the double.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    You might try the Janus Directive TPB of the complete John Ostrander Suicide Squad collection (vol 4, if I'm not mistaken)... if you manage to find it.

Peace

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This is actually one of the things I keep hoping we find out is going on now. That we find out the Waller we have running around is actually one from Earth 3 and ours is over there somewhere trying to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This is actually one of the things I keep hoping we find out is going on now. That we find out the Waller we have running around is actually one from Earth 3 and ours is over there somewhere trying to get back.
    I'm hoping this plays out too. IMO the Waller running around these days is basically a one-dimensional villain and that's just not the Waller I find interesting and enjoy reading about. There's more depth to her character than that.