Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I mean… probably? It’s a great film building off a previous great film with great word of mouth.

To say “nobody actually hates it” makes no sense when editorial is on record over many years saying, no, they actually really hated it (one calling it “the worst mistake in Spider-Man history”.)

Doing stuff in non-canon, “what if“ stories has never been a satisfactory alternative. Saying they “did the marriage” in an unrelated alternate universe has as much merit as “Peter ate his wife had aunt” and “gave MJ cancer from his radioactive semen”. You can do whatever nonsense stuff you want and easily discard it because it doesn’t “really count” since only the 616 ever truly matters.

It was for twenty years. I will forever insist only a bad or lazy writer can’t tell a compelling story with that status quo.
    I’m talking about ITSV as well. If Peter wasn’t a part of the main plot, would people still be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    It was for twenty years. I will forever insist only a bad or lazy writer can’t tell a compelling story with that status quo.
    I often wonder if the real issue is that the people making the decisions can't imagine being happily married?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I often wonder if the real issue is that the people making the decisions can't imagine being happily married?
    A number of them seem to be.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    A number of them seem to be.
    Married? Yeah, maybe. Happy is something I leave up to them and their personal lives.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

In any case, it's nobody's business to be suggesting or implying people's real lives and/or capacity for relationships are impacting their work simply because they don't like a comic's direction or status quo. Be better than this, folks.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

A very good point there. My sincerest apologies.
    The spider is always on the hunt.