Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default X-Men Monday #203 – Ewing, Gillen & Spurrier Reflect on Sins of Sinister

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/05/22/x-...sinister-exit/

This week's eXclusive images are from upcoming X-Men #23:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Handsome Scott.

Scemma at the beach together??? Scott is fast and Emma needs to start respecting herself. She’s Emma Frost she shouldn’t be someone’s 2nd choice or “plan b”.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Scemma at the beach together??? Scott is fast and Emma needs to start respecting herself. She’s Emma Frost she shouldn’t be someone’s 2nd choice or “plan b”.
    Well in fairness there's a lot of beaches on the island. He could have just run into each other and she seems concerned/lost in thought perhaps about her conversation with Kingpin. Scott does have his chest exposed though...

Gillen confirmed the Dominion is a Sinister:

AIPT: Wow, I feel like your answers to that question were as epic as Sins of Sinister. Let’s see what this next one yields! X-Fan KSynch97 asked if we can assume the Dominion is actually a version of Sinister? Or is there a possibility of it being somebody else entirely?

Kieron: Well, there’s always a chance someone is someone else. It’s Marvel Comics. It could be Squirrel Girl in a mask.

But the intent was that it’s a Sinister. The plot is complicated enough without opening it up any further. “Which of the Sinisters make it?” is the story, and what’s interesting about it. Who makes it? Because we know one of them does, which hopefully creates a real tension and dread. One of the baddies’ schemes will work. And what are our heroes going to do when they’re facing something more profound than a god?

I probably should have just said a ‘You’re a Sinister” or something clearly in the scene, which is on me. Brains!

Nimrod
    Bulge
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Nimrod
    Bulge
    You are thing that makes me wonder what you focus on in comics.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/05/22/x-...sinister-exit/

This week's eXclusive images are from upcoming X-Men #23:

Emma and Kingpin taking a stroll on the beach, def not how i expected their first encounter to go since last we saw of them Emma threatened his life, also Emma and Scott together on a panel?? i can't remember the last time they shared a scene with one another. Looks like those two scenes happen in close succession to one another too, so I'm curious to see which one comes first
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Emma and Kingpin taking a stroll on the beach, def not how i expected their first encounter to go since last we saw of them Emma threatened his life, also Emma and Scott together on a panel?? i can't remember the last time they shared a scene with one another. Looks like those two scenes happen in close succession to one another too, so I'm curious to see which one comes first
    Maybe it’s an astral plane considering the background is white and Emma is on the beach.

I know im reading too much into it but Ewing saying that his next arc is going to have "mutant magic" and THs characters being involved in multiple books that were supposed to deal in mutant magic. I really hope he gets to use certain characters. Come on universe.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I know im reading too much into it but Ewing saying that his next arc is going to have "mutant magic" and THs characters being involved in multiple books that were supposed to deal in mutant magic. I really hope he gets to use certain characters. Come on universe.
    You read my mind and I'll be piecing some things together in the Braddock thread later lol

EDIT: Braddock thread updated with possible connections.
    Last edited by JB; 05-22-2023 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I think Al is writing sunfire and redroot story

Ooh boy. Here comes another front in the never ending shipping wars of Cyclops/Jean/Emma/Wolverine.

I'm gonna need some more popcorn.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Ooh boy. Here comes another front in the never ending shipping wars of Cyclops/Jean/Emma/Wolverine.

I'm gonna need some more popcorn.
    At this point I enjoy it for the entertainment value and don’t really care which way the polycule rolls. *shrugs*
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

With the confirmation that the dominion is a Sinister, I really gotta wonder how they plan on having the X-Men deal with that especially since they can’t just leave a Sinister of all people existing as an all powerful being beyond time and space.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    With the confirmation that the dominion is a Sinister, I really gotta wonder how they plan on having the X-Men deal with that especially since they can’t just leave a Sinister of all people existing as an all powerful being beyond time and space.
    The only two gangstas who are threats to a Dominion are Galactus and Phoenix...