Default "Its clobbering time!"

I am reminded of the time where Ben Grimm managed to temporarily KO Immortal Hulk by landing a crazy full force haymaker. Such was the effort involved that Thing actually obliterated his own arm in the process.

Who could barely survive Thing's best hit? Who could survive his REGULAR hits but would DIE to his best self sacrificing blow?

Characters to consider would be like-

Regular Savage Hulk
    Rhino
    Thor
    She-Hulk
    Namor
    Captain Britain
    Thor, both classic and current
    Nova
    Anyone else?
    The above are all 616 comics, below is MCU-

MCU Thanos and Cap Marvel
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Also, does anyone have a better catchphrase? Probably not :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I am reminded of the time where Ben Grimm managed to temporarily KO Immortal Hulk by landing a crazy full force haymaker. Such was the effort involved that Thing actually obliterated his own arm in the process.

Who could barely survive Thing's best hit? Who could survive his REGULAR hits but would DIE to his best self sacrificing blow?

Characters to consider would be like-

Regular Savage Hulk
    Rhino
    Thor
    She-Hulk
    Namor
    Captain Britain
    Nova
    Anyone else?

LOL! Don't forget about The Silver Surfer

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-22-2023 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Extraordinary Member

Of that list I'm thinking only Thor (twice included on the list) and Savage Hulk would be able to still stand given that the blow knocked out the Immortal Hulk.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Regular Savage Hulk
    Rhino
    Thor
    She-Hulk
    Namor
    Captain Britain
    Nova
    Anyone else?

Based on it flat-out taking out Immortal Hulk, I would have to agree with Dark Soul. Granted, I don't know enough about Nova to speak for him, but we're getting into the 'Thor/Savage Hulk' range if we want someone to be able to take this. Anyone less than a Class 100 should be KTFO instantly. Anyone Class 100 better be higher than Immortal Hulk to take it and not be KO'ed immediately as well.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mighty Member

Also, does anyone have a better catchphrase? Probably not :P
    Darkwing Duck?

I am the terror that flaps in the night. I am the <insert some other nonsense here that usually just seems mildly unpleasant or inconvenient>.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Based on it flat-out taking out Immortal Hulk, I would have to agree with Dark Soul. Granted, I don't know enough about Nova to speak for him, but we're getting into the 'Thor/Savage Hulk' range if we want someone to be able to take this. Anyone less than a Class 100 should be KTFO instantly. Anyone Class 100 better be higher than Immortal Hulk to take it and not be KO'ed immediately as well.
    I don't really know what current Nova means. If this was Rich Rider as Nova Prime, he'd be able to take it, but Nova has been through some changes over the years.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Couple of caveats to the KO on Immortal Hulk.

1) Ben had his wedding ring on his finger which is made of Vibranium so it softly constitutes an unbreakable knuckleduster.

2) Hulk was being controlled by the Puppet Master to attack Ben, complete with Puppet Master speaking through Hulk's body, so he was unlikely to be anywhere near his peak levels of rage and therefore strength.

Still an impressive feat but not that clean.