Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

IDW's losing all the Hasbro stuff I believe. I wonder if Marvel will get Transformers and GI Joe back too? The only Hasbro franchise I can't see Marvel getting back is Power Rangers, which is currently at BOOM! Studios.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

As someone that is a 100% digital reader at this point. I hope these will be available digitally eventually. Then bring on the Micronauts!

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    ROM Omnibus!

While I am super excited about this, I'd like to hear about some TPBs instead of an Omnibus. I find them expensive and unwieldy. But if this is the only way I can get them, I might break the bank.
    I agree with on the Omnibus editions. I prefer smaller trades. But still... IT"S ROM!

That's awesome! I might finally pick it up .

I wonder if Marvel/Disney would buy the license.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wonder if Marvel/Disney would buy the license.
    I wonder if Disney would buy Hasbro
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    As someone that is a 100% digital reader at this point. I hope these will be available digitally eventually. Then bring on the Micronauts!
    They are available digitally. I download mine every Wednesday --> Marvel Unlimited FAQ's
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-23-2023 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I wonder if Disney would buy Hasbro
    That would be very ironic, as it would mean, for the second time, acquiring Power Rangers even when they don't want it - the first time they bought it, it was by buying Fox Family Worldwide, what they wanted was the TV channel later called ABC Family and now called Freeform, but they got Saban Entertainment, and thus Power Rangers, bundled in (they eventually sold PR back to Haim Saban, who set up a new company called Saban Brands for it - that was later sold on to Hasbro). If they bought Hasbro it would presumably be because they make the Marvel and Star Wars toylines, but they'd be getting PR, Transformers, and GI Joe, all of which don't fit Disney's image, too.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-24-2023 at 02:40 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

The recent announcement of the ROMnibus & the Micronauts Omnibus (both coming out next year) was unbelievable & fantastic. I never thought that either title would ever be reprinted due to licensing/copyright issues - that have been holding up these reprints for decades.

Both were amazing titles, but I haven't read either since the '80's - given that my handful of floppies are long gone at this point.

I truly hope that both series are reprinted in their entirety & that these include any relevant guest appearances in other titles, etc. I know that ROM in particular guest-starred in at least several other superhero titles - given that the character was firmly entrenched in the MU.

Notably, the finale of the original Nova series from the 70s couldn't be reprinted, as it was cancelled suddenly, and the story was completed in Fantastic Four and ROM. So, they have an excuse to reprint that Nova run now as well!

I wonder how much of Rom's presence in the 616 is accepted as canon, or are there all sorts of oblique references to him now? The Dire Wraiths crossed over to bother an assortment of heroes besides Rom, too. Even Rick Jones was his pal for a while.

All of roms stories are still canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Notably, the finale of the original Nova series from the 70s couldn't be reprinted, as it was cancelled suddenly, and the story was completed in Fantastic Four and ROM. So, they have an excuse to reprint that Nova run now as well!
    Hallelujah! This is certainly wonderful news, indeed (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I wonder how much of Rom's presence in the 616 is accepted as canon, or are there all sorts of oblique references to him now? The Dire Wraiths crossed over to bother an assortment of heroes besides Rom, too. Even Rick Jones was his pal for a while.
    I know, right?! Along with ROM being the catalyst for Rogue switching sides...

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-28-2023 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hallelujah! This is certainly wonderful news, indeed (XD)

I know, right?! Along with ROM being the catalyst for Rogue switching sides...

I was going to ask if the X-men or Avengers ever appeared within the pages of ROM, but I see here Rogue certainly did, from the time near her first appearance it seems, by the older looking, dual-striped "skunk hair", and original green costume as shown.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-28-2023 at 11:51 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I was going to ask if the X-men or Avengers ever appeared within the pages of ROM, but I see here Rogue certainly did, from the time near her first appearance it seems, by the older looking, dual-striped "skunk hair", and original green costume as shown.
    Yes, back in those days the X-men (or one of the members) appeared in just about everything, including Rom and the Micronauts titles. The Hybrid story in Rom was a pretty good one, as was the return to Galador when Rom, Terminator and the other Space Knights square off against Galactus.