Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default MCU Iron Man vs T-800

MCU Iron Man, specifically in his Mark one suit

vs.

The T-800 Terminator from the first Terminator film.

Fight starts inside the caves that the Ten Rings held Tony Stark in

Mighty Member

I don't think the Mark 1 suit can really hurt a T-800. The rockets seemed a bit dinky, and the flamethrower is only going to burn off the fleshy exterior. He can fly away for a bit if he gets outside, but he doesn't exactly have a good landing record. I would say he does good at the beginning, but then is left with no offense against a still functional T-800 that tears him to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    MCU Iron Man, specifically in his Mark one suit

vs.

The T-800 Terminator from the first Terminator film.

Fight starts inside the caves that the Ten Rings held Tony Stark in
    Why do you limit it to showings of the first movie?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why do you limit it to showings of the first movie?
    Because it clarifies what guns the T-800 has

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Because it clarifies what guns the T-800 has
    Lol no it doesn't you didn't say anything about the T800 having any guns? I mean if you used Jason in a rumble and told me it was Jason from Friday the 13th part 3 I wouldn't assume he gets everything he had on that movie just the machete...
    Last edited by choptop; 05-23-2023 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I don't think the Mark 1 suit can really hurt a T-800. The rockets seemed a bit dinky, and the flamethrower is only going to burn off the fleshy exterior. He can fly away for a bit if he gets outside, but he doesn't exactly have a good landing record. I would say he does good at the beginning, but then is left with no offense against a still functional T-800 that tears him to bits.
    What the Mark 1 suit did to a heavy metal door (heavy enough to crush a man it landed on when the suit pounded it off its hinges) makes it more than strong enough to wreck a T-800.

Its main problem will be hitting the Terminator because, as much as the T-800 isn't particularly fast, the Mark 1 is far more ungainly. Once it lands a punch, or gets a hold of the T-800, however, it can crush its head with little effort.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    What the Mark 1 suit did to a heavy metal door (heavy enough to crush a man it landed on when the suit pounded it off its hinges) makes it more than strong enough to wreck a T-800.
    I would tend to agree with this - the Mark I was also backhanding people and making them fly 20-30'. It's plenty stronk.

Additionally, the rocket blew a large chunk out of a granite cave wall. This isn't something that's easy to do. If that hit the T-800 directly, I'll wager it would do at least as much damage as the pipe bomb did.

Its main problem will be hitting the Terminator because, as much as the T-800 isn't particularly fast, the Mark 1 is far more ungainly. Once it lands a punch, or gets a hold of the T-800, however, it can crush its head with little effort.
    As noted, this is the big issue, but Arnold in the first movie made ZERO attempt to avoid anything fired/thrown at him. He just ignored incoming fire in order to keep shooting.

Tony's suit was pretty much immune to small-arms fire, aside from one guy getting lucky and hitting an unarmored actuator or whatever in a joint. He was also mostly tanking fire from a Browning .50 heavy machine gun - he held up his arm to protect his face, but the gunfire was not really damaging the armor. This is something we did NOT see the Terminator do; we do not have any proof that the Terminator could withstand the same (not in the first movie, anyway), and there is a rather sizeable jump between the gunfire the Terminator walked through and that of a .50 cal. Like, a big jump.

I'm of the opinion that they walk toward each other shooting, maybe Tony hits with a rocket (which would at the least damage the Terminator and/or restrict its mobility somewhat), and once they're close, it's a brief attempt at HTH where Tony gets his giant, armored mitts on the (potentially damaged) T-800 and eventually 'puny gods' it to death.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Additionally, the rocket blew a large chunk out of a granite cave wall. This isn't something that's easy to do. If that hit the T-800 directly, I'll wager it would do at least as much damage as the pipe bomb did.
    While I think the rockets will do damage, the whole thing with the pipe bomb was that it was specifically lodged inside the Terminator.

Like, the explosion from the gas truck was pretty spectacular (see end of the video):

And the T-800 was damaged albeit still functional and dangerous. It had a bad leg but still managed to tear a significant hole in a metal door. I think the rocket will have to hit pretty specifically to replicate the damage of the pipe bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    While I think the rockets will do damage, the whole thing with the pipe bomb was that it was specifically lodged inside the Terminator.

Like, the explosion from the gas truck was pretty spectacular (see end of the video):

And the T-800 was damaged albeit still functional and dangerous. It had a bad leg but still managed to tear a significant hole in a metal door. I think the rocket will have to hit pretty specifically to replicate the damage of the pipe bomb.
    I see your point, but I think I wasn't clear. So, further detail.

If you took the pipe bomb and placed it against a granite cave wall, then exploded it, it would do pretty much nothing. Whereas if you tamped it in the wall properly and detonated it (similar to how it was placed partly inside the T-800), it would likely blow part of the wall away. Possibly something the size of the crater in the wall from Tony's rocket.

Tony's rocket wasn't tamped into the wall. It just flew and hit the wall. Clearly it either has some kind HEAT capacity or it hits a whole lot harder than the pipe bomb.

This is what I was getting at, but didn't clearly explain. An impact from the rocket - given the damage it caused - should do somewhere around the same damage as the tamped explosion of the pipe bomb.

As for the exploding fuel truck, part of the reason it's a big explosion is that there's a lot of gas. But the detonation itself doesn't do stuff like 'blow apart concrete' or anything like that, much less tear apart natural granite cave walls. Example. It's big, it's an explosion, there's certainly some concussion (can see the concussion from a different one in this video), but the first one doesn't blow apart the bridge it's on or anything like that.

Now, this is a movie explosion, so it's bigger and better. And yeah, it does rip apart the truck cab, so it's pretty impressive. But if that can damage the T-800, and the exploding pipe bomb can rip the T-800 in half if somewhat tamped, I'm of the opinion that a straight-on hit from a rocket that blows a 4' or so crater into a cave wall is going to at least do the same kind of damage.

For me, that's all it's going to take. The T-800 basically tanks its way through everything in the movie, ignoring threats to simply attack, attack, attack (even in the scenes from the future, against weapons that presumably can hurt it, it basically stands there shooting, out of cover). Between that, Stark's clear strength and durability advantage, and any injuries it might have already taken as it closes (from the rocket, possibly), I feel the T-800 isn't taking this one.

Mileage, etc. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Just a thought.

Does the T-800 get feats from Genisys and Dark Fate grandfathered in? It's all meant to be the same T-800 model between all films? I notice OP specifies that it's the first film only but just wondering in a larger context?

Like, this fight versus the T-3000 from Genisys gives him a some pretty wild strength feats.

Thoughts?

Just a thought.

Does the T-800 get feats from Genisys and Dark Fate grandfathered in? It's all meant to be the same T-800 model between all films? I notice OP specifies that it's the first film only but just wondering in a larger context?

Like, this fight versus the T-3000 from Genisys gives him a some pretty wild strength feats.

Thoughts?
    We get into the later stuff, outside of the first movie, and yeah, feats are a lot better.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post

I do agree it can at least hurt the T800 I wouldn't use the door as a showing for that it's a door made of scrap metal for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I do agree it can at least hurt the T800 I wouldn't use the door as a showing for that it's a door made of scrap metal for all we know.
    To emphasise that it wasn't, I pointed out that it crushed the guy it landed on, landing with a very obvious "oomph" (and absolutely no bounce or slide) that made it clear that thing was heavy duty.
    Last edited by KJS; 05-23-2023 at 01:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Is the rocket at the end of this video supposed to be the wall crater you're talking about?

Just a thought.

[/video]

Thoughts?
    First Film is there mainly to indicate what fire arms the T-800 has access to.

Assume it has the feats of the other T-800s, as long as they're not stated to have gotten any off screen Upgrades

Yes, the one where it hits the wall, you hear the broken rocks falling and tumbling everywhere, and the wall is considerably more deformed than it was before.

It blows a chunk out of the cave wall. Maybe torso-sized, maybe a little bigger. Easily as much as a tamped, crude pipe bomb could blow in a natural stone wall.
    Why are we here?