Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

There's also a bunch of characters who, when putting them into an arena fight, can they beat their opponent in a quick draw.

To a degree, Spider-Man is nerfed because there are no buildings to swing from or climb up.

Likewise Bullseye, Hawkeye, Captain America and Cyclops can’t do random trick shots bouncing off multiple surfaces before finding their target.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Spider-man is one of those characters that really likes to use the environment to his advantage. He can't do stuff like get Venom to chase him to a bell tower or drop Juggernaut into a huge pit of wet concrete here.

Jack of Shadows is probably screwed due to a lack of shadows in the arena.

Most necromancers are hindered, due to a lack of raw materials.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Jack of Shadows is probably screwed due to a lack of shadows in the arena.
    Ooo, nice.

Also the fact that it's daytime.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Wait. Here's a good one for ya'.

Jack Hawksmore from the Authority. His powers are directly linked to the city he's in. The bigger the city, the more powerful he can become.

This one is kind of tricky because it depends but characters whose greatest power would be being able to leave the arena or make someone else leave, especially if dimensionally shunting someone would be their greatest ability IF the OP forbids making someone leave the arena.

Sometimes, characters that "No Prep" is almost a contradiction in terms because they are always walking prep factories.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Wait. Here's a good one for ya'.

Jack Hawksmore from the Authority. His powers are directly linked to the city he's in. The bigger the city, the more powerful he can become.
    I considered that one. But Khazan arena is actually canonically in a city.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Reed Richards. Yeah, I said it. Because of the nature of his stretching ability, he can't exactly go into battle with a utility belt, so he is not especially more effective in Khazan than, say, Elongated Man.

Animal swarm controllers like Ratcatcher. In scenario's she's fairly nasty, being able to get the enormous numbers of rats in a typical city to strip most characters to the bone. In the arena, she's just a chick with a wand.

Cthulhu.

/limit
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

i apologize but i always thought that Khazan was like the Danger room for the Xmen but fair to both opponents. Like it would always be a mix of environment for whoever was battling: A little city, a little water, some sand, like a full ecosystem in this massive stadium.

What's Khazan actually like? Just like the old Roman Colosseums? A circle with entry ways and dirt?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    i apologize but i always thought that Khazan was like the Danger room for the Xmen but fair to both opponents. Like it would always be a mix of environment for whoever was battling: A little city, a little water, some sand, like a full ecosystem in this massive stadium.

What's Khazan actually like? Just like the old Roman Colosseums? A circle with entry ways and dirt?
    Board Rules!

05. Setting: The default battle area is the Arena of Khazan, a colossal arena that looks somewhat like a Roman Amphitheatre. It is typically a 250 feet by 200 feet ellipse, though the size is adjustable in accordance to the size of the contestants; the opposing sides start out about 100 feet from one another. The walls of the arena are completely indestructible, but there is no dome - space tosses are a legitimate winning strategy. Likewise the ground is simple earth and is not protected, making burying the opponent a viable strategy in some cases.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, characters that rely on ambush or the environment in other ways beside regular earth will be at a bad disadvantage. But some like Jason Voorhees, while a brutal ambusher, is also no slouch out in the open.