Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

At the time of ANH I think all the Inquisitors have also been killed off or missing I think. As far as I know there's no sign of them in any OT-era Disney EU at the moment. There are of course force users/former Jedi other than Luke like Ashoka, but they're mostly in hiding, or fairly obscure/hidden like the Knights of Ren and Sith Eternal (at that point).

Tarkin appears in Clone Wars where he works with the Jedi, including Anakin and Obi-Wan.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-06-2023 at 04:36 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The Chill way Tarkin tells Vader to release Motti says that he has seen that kind of thing before. I mean in all of his years I am more than sure he saw the force being used many times (Wasnt he an officer in the Republic before The Empire?) Motti didnt believe in it though that may have changed after the Vader Choke Hold.

But Tarkin I am pretty sure has not only seen it but he believes in it as well. But in his mind there are no jedi left to worry about or in the case of the force users in The Empire like the Inquisitors or even Vader are kept on such a short leash by Palpy he doesnt worry about it.

So it is not that he doesnt believe in the force. He has just dismissed it as a threat.
    Yes, you're probably correct. But it is interestingly a bit ambiguous, the whole force choke moment overall. It's like, maybe, some seemed to think (via Emperor propaganda) that the Force is like a magician's trick, something that seems supernatural but is just an elaborate colorful con, this illusionary trick of persuasion/battle/force. It's hard to discern (except by considering other Tarkin media outside that film/OT) what Tarkin knows and believes of the Force before and after that choke.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-14-2023 at 08:57 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

For Disney Star Wars, it's Thrawn. He's so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    2. Legends Wedge; the X-Wing books were *good* to him.
    For Original EU, Wedge for sure, though pretty much all of the X-Wing characters were super awesome, from Baron Fel, to Tycho, to Lara Notsil (see also my signature , to Myn Donos...so many great ones!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't have a list, but I'm a big fan of Han, Lando, Din, Andor, Rex, Crosshair (he's a d-bag, but an entertaining one) and most droids that aren't BB-8, K2S0 and.....Lando's droid from Solo (I forget her name) especially. Love me a sassy droid!
    L3-37 was that droid's name, and she was great! That movie had some great characters, and I am forever boggled that it did so poorly compared to, IMO, inferior Star Wars movies. Young Han, Lando, Qi'ra, all also great! (Beckett, Val, Dryden, don't think there was a bad character in the bunch.) But L3-37 was easily my favorite droid, followed closely by K-2SO, the sarcastic ex-Imperial droid from Rogue One.

Also fond of Hera and Sabine, and hope they'll be great in live-action. Poe was also fun, although those movies really doubled-down on the force-sensitive characters as they went on.

The casual way that Tarkin just handles Vader, when everyone else wets their pants at his slightest sign of displeasure, was also very cool.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-08-2023 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    L3-37 was that droid's name, and she was great! That movie had some great characters, and I am forever boggled that it did so poorly compared to, IMO, inferior Star Wars movies. Young Han, Lando, Qi'ra, all also great! (Beckett, Val, Dryden, don't think there was a bad character in the bunch.) But L3-37 was easily my favorite droid, followed closely by K-2SO, the sarcastic ex-Imperial droid from Rogue One.
    The more I watch Solo the more I like it honestly. You're right, everyone in the film was interesting and (I think) the cast was great. Even the guy who played young Han (I always have to google how to spell his name, but today....to lazy!) was good, and was recognizable in the role without trying to be a total copy of Harrison Ford. Maybe I've just become more comfortable with recasting and actors trying different things with characters, but I like that movie a little more with every re-watch. And Glover's Lando? My god, so perfect. Wish we'd get a prequel show with him!

And L3! Of course! Thanks for reminding me. One of the best droids ever.

The casual way that Tarkin just handles Vader, when everyone else wets their pants at his slightest sign of displeasure, was also very cool.
    Tarkin was a fun bad guy. I actually really liked his appearances in Clone Wars, it's oddly reassuring to know that he was always a prick, even before the Empire.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

His EU past is interesting (A lot of it covered in the "Tarkin" book). Basically, although his planet is rich and he comes from an elite family, he went through a "rite of passage" by surviving in the wilderness.

It's kind of a more twisted version of the Vulcan "Kahs-wan" ritual in Star Trek.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth