Default Shin Kamen Rider

The third in the series of 'Shin' films rebooting iconic Japanese sci-fi franchises finds writer/director Hideaki Anno adapting his childhood favorite series, 1971's original Kamen Rider.

... and folks in the US won't have long to wait to see it! A one-night only screening will be done nationwide on May 31. It doesn't seem to have as many theaters participating as other limited engagement events (like Shin Ultraman a few months ago) so check your local theaters.

In two days! Demand has caused them to add more theaters, plus some locations will have an extra showtime on Monday.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Pretty cool, as an American Kamen Rider fan.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That's amazing. as a fan of Kamen Rider, it pleases me to learn of this news

I'm still a bit overwhelmed by this movie. There's so much stuff in it and it comes at such a rapid clip that I feel I need to see it again before I can formulate a coherent appraisal (and sadly, my locale doesn't have the encore screening).

I will say this: I think I like the other two Shin movies a bit more (especially Shin Ultraman, which is a top ten kaiju movie for me) but one thing about those two is that they feel so complete that I don't feel the need for a sequel. With Shin Kamen Rider, as soon as those credits rolled I immediately wanted to know what happened next. I'd love Shin Kamen Rider #2.