View Poll Results: Judged by the crieria in post 1, how do you rate Azzarello's Wonder Woman?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Fantastic, gripping. You cant wait to read it each month and reread it over and over for pleasure.

40 36.70%
  • B Good. Ups & downs but you look forward to it every month

17 15.60%
  • C Satisfactory. You enjoy reading it. There are some things you'd change.

10 9.17%
  • D Unimpressed. You're still buying for completenss or just because its WW. Much you would change.

14 12.84%
  • E Not for you. Maybe you've dropped it & just visit the forums now.

28 25.69%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I was never attached to Wonder Woman but I loved the art so much and the Greek mythos really caught my eye and I stuck with it month to month and I loved it.

I can imagine OG fans didn't like the dramatic change from her classic status quo, but the New 52 Wonder Woman was probably the best example of a new and updated take on Diana.
    Movie was a better update than Azz. And the only major poor creative decision they share is daddy Zeus

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Movie was a better update than Azz. And the only major poor creative decision they share is daddy Zeus
    Yeah........Wonder Woman 1984......

You say that like WW84 was universally hated. I think it's one of the best things Diana has had in quite a while. It trully felt like an unabashed Wonder Woman movie. That lasso man, that lasso.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You say that like WW84 was universally hated. I think it's one of the best things Diana has had in quite a while. It trully felt like an unabashed Wonder Woman movie. That lasso man, that lasso.
    Bad special effects, gaping plot holes, de-powered throughout most of the movie and all we get is a reject from the even worse Cats movie. And of course, her using another mans body because it looks like Steve to her. Just truly bad. Too bad the wish couldn't have just plucked Steve from scratch instead of inhabiting another body. Wait a second, things did appear from nowhere like the nuclear bombs and the wall.

Patty Jenkins needs to direct and not worry about the screenwriting aspect just like she did in the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I was never attached to Wonder Woman but I loved the art so much and the Greek mythos really caught my eye and I stuck with it month to month and I loved it.

I can imagine OG fans didn't like the dramatic change from her classic status quo, but the New 52 Wonder Woman was probably the best example of a new and updated take on Diana.
    I agree with Pinsir and 9th that it's the best run, of recent memory.

Best of the Chazzarello run, as I see it? Making Wonder 's friendship with a younger woman, decidedly unlike herself, the centerpiece of the ongoing narrative - why won't editors trust this?! Making Diana, commander of a small band of loyal, fellow adventurers - brilliant and perfect for an immortal Amazon heroine! Making her 'Tomb Raider', with Wonder powers, ..leaving so much room for world-building, new characters, big reveals - love it! Smashing!

Why would any editor not insist future writers establish this structure and build on it? [Why? Why don't editors edit, anymore?] It's so wasteful, how they just chucked this classic set-up in the garbage, while building up the Batman and Superman comics.

Sorry to wander, kangaliers. The lack of editorial presence on the WW continues to be a sore spot for me.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Bad special effects, gaping plot holes, de-powered throughout most of the movie and all we get is a reject from the even worse Cats movie. And of course, her using another mans body because it looks like Steve to her. Just truly bad. Too bad the wish couldn't have just plucked Steve from scratch instead of inhabiting another body. Wait a second, things did appear from nowhere like the nuclear bombs and the wall.

Patty Jenkins needs to direct and not worry about the screenwriting aspect just like she did in the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post

Best of the Chazzarello run, as I see it? Making Wonder 's friendship with a younger woman, decidedly unlike herself, the centerpiece of the ongoing narrative - why won't editors trust this?! Making Diana, commander of a small band of loyal, fellow adventurers - brilliant and perfect for an immortal Amazon heroine! Making her 'Tomb Raider', with Wonder powers, ..leaving so much room for world-building, new characters, big reveals - love it! Smashing!
    I'm really enjoying the Becky Cloonan Michael Conrad run but I admit that those aspects of the character were pretty cool during the Azarello run.

Is that the sequence where she gets to beat up a bunch of scrubs? And gets to show us her bracelets are less useful than her lasso which repels bullets? Or the fact that she let a bullet hit her. Even depowered, ho hum!

While it was great that in her 4th movie they finally showed her flying, was Diana so monumentally dumb that it took some type of air current theory that Steve talked about to get her to fly versus her figuring it out in the 70 years between her first movie and second?

Maybe she will get one of her friends to ask her to watch Dr. Dolittle and she will figure out she can talk to animals?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Is that the sequence where she gets to beat up a bunch of scrubs? And gets to show us her bracelets are less useful than her lasso which repels bullets? Or the fact that she let a bullet hit her. Even depowered, ho hum!
    Bro you need some taste. This is the first movie where Diana actually fights in her own unique fashion, using her tools at their very best. This is what we should be looking at. I know I'm taking away from the theme of the thread but these dudes dissing WW84 get on my nerves. Learn to appreciate when someone makes something out of love that honors the uniqueness of the character.

This is the mall scene where she does her Spiderman routine, right? Where the laws of physics don't apply because of the bad special effects. Also, she destroyed the cameras but doesn't realize that the cameras are recording to VHS or whatever format they have for the time?

At best, WW84 is hot garbage, at worst it ranks as one of the bottom movies for comic book heroes in the modern era! I am more inclined towards the latter. And.....I really liked the 1st movie.

Bro you need some taste. This is the first movie where Diana actually fights in her own unique fashion, using her tools at their very best. This is what we should be looking at. I know I'm taking away from the theme of the thread but these dudes dissing WW84 get on my nerves. Learn to appreciate when someone makes something out of love that honors the uniqueness of the character.
    I'd appreciate the movie if it had been made with the quality of the 1st. Except for the wonky way she used her bulletproof lasso, what was her unique fighting style that you are talking about? Getting her ass kicked by a pre-Cats version of Cheetah is what I saw.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah the first film was great, but I don't mind the Greek Mythos in Diana's story; but I can see why some wouldn't like it.

But it does take away agency from Hippolyta by not allowing her and her alone create a perfect representation of Themyscira