View Poll Results: Judged by the crieria in post 1, how do you rate Azzarello's Wonder Woman?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Fantastic, gripping. You cant wait to read it each month and reread it over and over for pleasure.

40 36.70%
  • B Good. Ups & downs but you look forward to it every month

17 15.60%
  • C Satisfactory. You enjoy reading it. There are some things you'd change.

10 9.17%
  • D Unimpressed. You're still buying for completenss or just because its WW. Much you would change.

14 12.84%
  • E Not for you. Maybe you've dropped it & just visit the forums now.

28 25.69%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Bro you need some taste. This is the first movie where Diana actually fights in her own unique fashion, using her tools at their very best. This is what we should be looking at. I know I'm taking away from the theme of the thread but these dudes dissing WW84 get on my nerves. Learn to appreciate when someone makes something out of love that honors the uniqueness of the character.
    I'll take a good movie over something that "honors the uniqueness of the characters" while being poorly written and offensive on just about every level.

There is a reason the first movie has a better reception than the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'll take a good movie over something that "honors the uniqueness of the characters" while being poorly written and offensive on just about every level.

There is a reason the first movie has a better reception than the sequel.
    I really don't feel like arguing about WW84 again. Shame you don't like it, because I loved it. (Though I didn't like the first act very much)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I really don't feel like arguing about WW84 again. Shame you don't like it, because I loved it. (Though I didn't like the first act very much)
    I liked it a lot, too! Complainers are just gonna complain! Luckily, I just discovered that you can block posts from specific users, and it makes a difference!
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah the first film was great, but I don't mind the Greek Mythos in Diana's story; but I can see why some wouldn't like it.

But it does take away agency from Hippolyta by not allowing her and her alone create a perfect representation of Themyscira
    Greek myth has always been part of the character's world in some form or another that wasn't really the problem for me. Aside from tossing her origin that worked fine for most of her existence, making her Zeus' kid is just creatively unimaginative in my opinion.

Some of the god designs were cool but some of them also just came off as wannabe HBO characters. Though that's a criticism I've of Azz's stuff I've read.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Greek myth has always been part of the character's world in some form or another that wasn't really the problem for me. Aside from tossing her origin that worked fine for most of her existence, making her Zeus' kid is just creatively unimaginative in my opinion.

Some of the god designs were cool but some of them also just came off as wannabe HBO characters. Though that's a criticism I've of Azz's stuff I've read.
    I feel like he was heavily influenced by Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I feel like he was heavily influenced by Game of Thrones
    I got more Sopranos.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I got more Sopranos.
    Oh totally, I can see the similarities