View Poll Results: Judged by the crieria in post 1, how do you rate Azzarello's Wonder Woman?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Fantastic, gripping. You cant wait to read it each month and reread it over and over for pleasure.

40 36.70%
  • B Good. Ups & downs but you look forward to it every month

17 15.60%
  • C Satisfactory. You enjoy reading it. There are some things you'd change.

10 9.17%
  • D Unimpressed. You're still buying for completenss or just because its WW. Much you would change.

14 12.84%
  • E Not for you. Maybe you've dropped it & just visit the forums now.

28 25.69%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If you don't touch upon that mess and make it go away, you can no longer use characters like Artemis and Diana's mom as non-villains who should be in Arkham.
    Don't matter now, does it? We have a hard reboot, nothing before is true anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Don't matter now, does it? We have a hard reboot, nothing before is true anymore.
    It's fiction. Nothing about the current or former continuity has ever been true.
    'Amazons Attack' still exists. Whetehr it's still currently canon doesn't matter. We all know that it's probably just a matter of time before it's canon again in some form anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's fiction. Nothing about the current or former continuity has ever been true.
    'Amazons Attack' still exists. Whetehr it's still currently canon doesn't matter. We all know that it's probably just a matter of time before it's canon again in some form anyway.
    Well, I totally agree with you that it is all fiction and none of this is true or matters. Then again, you know the point I am making.

BANNED

I disagree that this is a valid point to make.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    I'll tell you what, if some writer whether it's Azz or someone that comes after him and tries to make sense about the amazon sex raids and then basically says they have been manipulated, that will seem like one of the biggest copouts.
    Depends (for me) on how they were manipulated (assuming for the moment, just for the sake of argument, that they were manipulated). If it was what Vanguard, quoting an rpg, has been calling "Epic Manipulation," that would probably be a copout, because, if I understand Vanguard correctly, that would be true mind control and would leave the Amazons with little or no responsibility. If it was more like mundane social engineering--e.g., someoine earned the Amazons' trust by saving them from misogynist oppression, giving them a peaceful haven and immortality and empowering them as great warriors, and then told them that the world of men (from whom they were totally isolated) was evil and that it was divine law that they should kill their mates and send their sons away--then, well, that kind of manipulation might be powerful enough to explain (not excuse) the Amazons' actions, but they still would have made choices, so it wouldn't seem like such a copout to me.

Wow. Are there actually seven more "A"s than there were yesterday?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Wow. Are there actually seven more "A"s than there were yesterday?

I am not surprised that the poll leans towards liking/loving Azzarello's run as I have seen on several other forums and social media outlets that many of those who have dropped the book no longer visit this board.

Perhaps once Azz's run concludes a new creative team is on the book, that might be a better time to take such a poll.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

What would a new creative team have to do with how someone feels about the current run?

What would a new creative team have to do with how someone feels about the current run?
    I believe what he means is that there are people who stopped posting and left the forums when Azzarello came on board, and as such, the board is slanted towards Azzarello as people who read the comic are those most likely to visit forums about the comic.

This has been true of Gail's run as well as JMS's - people who didn't like those runs left, so any poll taken during those runs had a bit of a slant.

So if a new creative team comes on board and people who left because of Azzarello return, then the poll might slant differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I believe what he means is that there are people who stopped posting and left the forums when Azzarello came on board, and as such, the board is slanted towards Azzarello as people who read the comic are those most likely to visit forums about the comic.

This has been true of Gail's run as well as JMS's - people who didn't like those runs left, so any poll taken during those runs had a bit of a slant.

So if a new creative team comes on board and people who left because of Azzarello return, then the poll might slant differently.

Exactly! I wasn't here before Azzarello's run so I wasn't aware of the same thing happening about Gail or JMS' runs but I also don't remember seeing people saying they completely lost interest in Wonder Woman because of those runs either but I'm sure some people did, I just didn't see it like I've seen it happen over Azz's run.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I am not surprised that the poll leans towards liking/loving Azzarello's run as I have seen on several other forums and social media outlets that many of those who have dropped the book no longer visit this board.

Perhaps once Azz's run concludes a new creative team is on the book, that might be a better time to take such a poll.
    Wouldn't it be just slanted, but in the opposite direction? Some current fans probably won't like the new fun (and a few probably won't even be interested in trying it). So some of those fans will probably be gone from here once the new run has stated, and therefore a poll taken then could understate support for Azzarello's run, just as a poll taken now may understate opposition to this run,

Exactly! I wasn't here before Azzarello's run so I wasn't aware of the same thing happening about Gail or JMS' runs but I also don't remember seeing people saying they completely lost interest in Wonder Woman because of those runs either but I'm sure some people did, I just didn't see it like I've seen it happen over Azz's run.
    It happened, mostly back then on the DCU boards before Gail and David founded this one

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Wouldn't it be just slanted, but in the opposite direction? Some current fans probably won't like the new fun (and a few probably won't even be interested in trying it). So some of those fans will probably be gone from here once the new run has stated, and therefore a poll taken then could understate support for Azzarello's run, just as a poll taken now may understate opposition to this run,

So are you saying that there is no point in such a poll, ever as it will always be skewed in one direction or another? Just because one likes the next run doesn't automatically mean they will dislike this run but if one likes this run, they are more likely to be coming around here presently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post

Doesn't that create a weird situation anyway?

Think of the posters who have said they have stopped reading Wonder Woman. Wouldn't their feelings about the run be uninformed, at best?

Astonishing Member

So are you saying that there is no point in such a poll, ever as it will always be skewed in one direction or another? .
    Pretty much,yeah. I'm not against passing time on such polls--I mean, here I am talking about one of them--but I wouldn't expect them to have any kind of reliability, let alone scientific value.

Just because one likes the next run doesn't automatically mean they will dislike this run but if one likes this run, they are more likely to be coming around here presently.
    If they're more likely to be coming around her presently, then by definition they'll be less likely to come around here later, so they may well be underrepresented here at that point.

ETA--of course, in what direction and how much it's skewed may very. For example, David Finch has said he's a big fan of Azzarello's runp-so suppose he and Meredith Finch come aboard, emulate Azzarello's run, keep his fans, and alienate the same fans he alienated. In taht case, maybe this baord would continue to skew in Azzarello's favor. On the other hand, if the Finches take over but follow Gail SImone's or Phil Jiminez's example more than Azzarello's, then a lot of Azzarello fans may jump ship, a lot of previously alienated fans may come back, and the board may skew anti-Azzarello. Or if Soule, let's say, takes over and keepsthe "god of war" angle but brings back some traditional foes and supporting cast and treats the Amazons well, maybe there won't be as much "skew" in etiher direction regarding Azzarello.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-07-2014 at 05:51 PM.