View Poll Results: Judged by the crieria in post 1, how do you rate Azzarello's Wonder Woman?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Fantastic, gripping. You cant wait to read it each month and reread it over and over for pleasure.

    34 41.46%
  • B Good. Ups & downs but you look forward to it every month

    9 10.98%
  • C Satisfactory. You enjoy reading it. There are some things you'd change.

    10 12.20%
  • D Unimpressed. You're still buying for completenss or just because its WW. Much you would change.

    9 10.98%
  • E Not for you. Maybe you've dropped it & just visit the forums now.

    20 24.39%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 106
  1. #76
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,341

    Default

    There are lots of ways the poll could be slanted.

    For example, when Azzarello started his run there were 90 000 people buying the book. On the polls launched at that time, there were hundreds of people voting, largely in the positive.

    Now, we have a fraction of that number voting. The CBR reboot no doubt plays a part in that but also its just reader drop off. So its possible that many folks who gave it five stars a couple of years ago are no longer reading it. Similarly others who rated it low may have changed their minds, though based on my experience with comics and fans that seems a less common trend.

    Is this data definitive. No. And of course the appreciation of the material is itself subjective. But I think its a better way of gauging peoples feelings on the book than just comparing it to the other New52 publications.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    There are lots of ways the poll could be slanted.

    For example, when Azzarello started his run there were 90 000 people buying the book. On the polls launched at that time, there were hundreds of people voting, largely in the positive.

    Now, we have a fraction of that number voting. The CBR reboot no doubt plays a part in that but also its just reader drop off. So its possible that many folks who gave it five stars a couple of years ago are no longer reading it. Similarly others who rated it low may have changed their minds, though based on my experience with comics and fans that seems a less common trend.

    Is this data definitive. No. And of course the appreciation of the material is itself subjective. But I think its a better way of gauging peoples feelings on the book than just comparing it to the other New52 publications.
    To be clear, I don't think your poll is any worse than any other poll one might do around here, and in fact I think it's better phrased than many. But Power Guy asked me if I thought that any such poll here would necessarily be skewed, and the answer to that is yes.

  3. #78
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    To be clear, I don't think your poll is any worse than any other poll one might do around here, and in fact I think it's better phrased than many. But Power Guy asked me if I thought that any such poll here would necessarily be skewed, and the answer to that is yes.


    Ah, ah, ah.............it's Dr. Poison now and I've got a syringe with your name on it if you don't get it right the next time.
    Currently Reading:Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Freedom Fighters, Gotham City Monsters, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Shazam, Wonder Twins, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Ah, ah, ah.............it's Dr. Poison now and I've got a syringe with your name on it if you don't get it right the next time.
    Sorry, Dr. Poison. I don't know what made me think of the name of your former lab assistant.

  5. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I believe what he means is that there are people who stopped posting and left the forums when Azzarello came on board, and as such, the board is slanted towards Azzarello as people who read the comic are those most likely to visit forums about the comic.

    This has been true of Gail's run as well as JMS's - people who didn't like those runs left, so any poll taken during those runs had a bit of a slant.

    So if a new creative team comes on board and people who left because of Azzarello return, then the poll might slant differently.
    I don't think that's true.

    If anything, people become milder towards runs they hate over time. There used to be barely anybody of the died in the wool fan who liked Greg Rucka's run whil it was still running, but as far as I can tell it has become more popular over time. Same thing goes for JMS's.

  6. #81
    They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If anything, people become milder towards runs they hate over time. There used to be barely anybody of the died in the wool fan who liked Greg Rucka's run whil it was still running, but as far as I can tell it has become more popular over time. Same thing goes for JMS's.
    Greg Rucka would have come out better if he had stopped with Hiketeia. The problem is, the rest of the run simply tried to re-create Hiketeia's formula with different adversaries. It was easily the most miserable WW run until JMS and Azzarello.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

  7. #82
    Amazonian Warrior aegisbearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Yup, it happened when Gail was writing as well as JMS. Every single writer on the book, starting with Marston, has had detractors. No one writer can please everyone, and he or she shouldn't try. Each writer/artist tries to bring what he or she thinks the character needs to make it great. I've read every issue of WW since I was a kid (read Azzarello online thanks to a friend), and I see pluses and minuses to each one, even ones I love. And, thanks for the plug as a founder, Gaelforce

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    It happened, mostly back then on the DCU boards before Gail and David founded this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Exactly! I wasn't here before Azzarello's run so I wasn't aware of the same thing happening about Gail or JMS' runs but I also don't remember seeing people saying they completely lost interest in Wonder Woman because of those runs either but I'm sure some people did, I just didn't see it like I've seen it happen over Azz's run.

  8. #83
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Hence why it should be done at the very beginning of the new run BEFORE the fans who hate the new run leave.

  9. #84
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3DMaster View Post
    Hence why it should be done at the very beginning of the new run BEFORE the fans who hate the new run leave.
    Hence why what exactly should be done at the very beginning of a new run?

  10. #85
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Hence why what exactly should be done at the very beginning of a new run?
    :sigh:

    Hold a poll about Azzarello's run.

  11. #86
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3DMaster View Post
    :sigh:

    Hold a poll about Azzarello's run.
    It was done and IIRC the results were more or less the same as they are now.

  12. #87
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Azarello's run isn't over yet; so it can't be done until the run is over, and the next team has taken over.

  13. #88
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3DMaster View Post
    Azarello's run isn't over yet; so it can't be done until the run is over, and the next team has taken over.
    I'm sure someone will do it again at that time, and if it's positive about Azz's run, some will say that it's biased in his direction because his readers haven't left yet. If it's negative about his run, some will say it's biased against him because his readers have already left. Meanwhile, at best it will only be telling us what we, the CBR Wonder Woman forum membership, think of the run--and we tend to tell each other that anyway (though some of us, like me, tend to do so more verbosely and incessantly than others). We're not necessarily a representative sample of all Wonder Woman readers or potential readers, so I sometimes wonder what these polls are really supposed to prove. But even without proving anything, they can still be good fun.

    By the way, did anyone post this poll to Facebook or another forum? If so, nothing wrong with that, of course! It's good to try to get more diverse respondents. I'm just still curious about why it got more respondents than the other poll.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-12-2014 at 01:38 PM.

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    By the way, did anyone post this poll to Facebook or another forum? If so, nothing wrong with that, of course! It's good to try to get more diverse respondents. I'm just still curious about why it got more respondents than the other poll.

    I took a stab at it just now: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shar...608/?qa_ref=qd
    Currently Reading:Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Freedom Fighters, Gotham City Monsters, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Shazam, Wonder Twins, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  15. #90
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,646

    Default

    on regards to the amazons this is my problem.

    http://medusa1893.deviantart.com/art...zons-412411005

    Would you guys want to see the amazons not be man hating for once and the reason for no men and extend to also women. No outside women or men could work on the Island and because of the doom gate they turn into monsters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •