Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Okay, then.

So, for starters that explains why he's so skinny. And that would be his actual form - normal, real-world people can't simply 'flex' and get bigger. Certainly normal people can't just 'flex' and put on 400 lbs, so whether the manga presents it as a superpower or not, it's not 'pure human ability'.

Number two, regardless of his mass, if his respiratory system is majorly screwed up then he's not a fighter any more as a real world human. Might be able to throw a few strikes or whatever, but with a 'mostly destroyed' respiratory system he gasses out PDQ and that's that.

So given all of the above, probably better not to include him because as a real world fighter, he's a 7'3" 160 lbs guy who can't breathe properly.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I similarly back Kenshiro.

Goku does have far and away the most experience, given that he's what... in his 50s in the current manga and has been fighting and training near obsessively since he was like 12.

But he's not big enough to hang with someone of Ken's size and skill.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...this is all working on the idea that a 560 lbs man made of mostly muscle can actually move around and fight (I mean, Oliver Richters is nowhere NEAR that weight). I think we're assuming they can for the purpose of this thread, so speculation about that should be off the board.
    The sumo guys sometimes come in around these weights. Lots of fat - they can move (somewhat). They do gas out pretty quickly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...sumo_wrestlers

Good info and valid point.

All-Might is kind of out for this anyway, though, due to the issues noted above.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

NHK is running the current tournament now, if you want to watch these behemoths due their thing. https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/sumo/

They slap each other with open hands that probably would knock out most folks.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    NHK is running the current tournament now, if you want to watch these behemoths due their thing. https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/sumo/

They slap each other with open hands that probably would knock out most folks.
    MAN! Watched it. I have nothing but respect for those big dudes! The strength AND the speed!
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

All Might isn't actually built like a sumo I think, not sure if that would make a difference there with weight though.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    All Might isn't actually built like a sumo I think, not sure if that would make a difference there with weight though.
    Bodybuilder. And that DOES make a difference. While Goku and the other two are certainly jacked in their own ways, their muscles aren't so massive they alter their whole movements (DBZ ironically had an entire episode in the Cell Arc about that). Broly is the exception to that.

Having now discovered that the official weight for Goku is an absolutely silly 137 lbs, I revise my estimation and put him down with the group that gets whaled on.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Having now discovered that the official weight for Goku is an absolutely silly 137 lbs, I revise my estimation and put him down with the group that gets whaled on.
    That is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    That is just silly.
    It gets even worse when I discover (according to the other thread) that he's 5'9".

He's massively underweight.
    Why are we here?

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

It gets even worse when I discover (according to the other thread) that he's 5'9".

He's massively underweight.
    Maybe in addition to being part monkey, Sayians are also part bird. Meaning, He got Hollow Bones. (smile)
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Maybe in addition to being part monkey, Sayians are also part bird. Meaning, He got Hollow Bones. (smile)
    That would make more sense.

...am now curious about Krillen's weight.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

That would make more sense.

...am now curious about Krillen's weight.
    Krillin is 5 feet and 99 pounds according to the Wiki.

5 feet actually seems a little tall for him.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie