View Poll Results: Which version of Peter Parker do you prefer?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peter Parker (Insomniac games)

11 31.43%
  • Peter B. Parker (Spider-verse movies)

24 68.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

I went with Peter B., though not because of any particualr problems with the Insomnic Peter, but rather because they have different “competition” given their basic premeses.

Insomnic Peter has to compete with every other “Spidey-Classic” take, meaning he’s competing with all three movie Peters, most of the cartoon Peters (including both the 90’s one and Spectacular), etc. And he’s good, but just not as good as some of them are.

Peter B., in contrast, has his own niche as a version, since he’s a “veteran Spidey” who’s older, experienced, and matured, all while still being organically extrapolated from “Spidey-Classic”.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    This is the kind of rhetoric I wish Marvel believed in more strongly.

The status quo should NOT be “Peter suffers”. Peter should struggle, but those struggles should be the interruption of the status quo of his happiness and stability, otherwise it’s just pathetic and depressing. And as you said, the struggle should beg the question “how does he overcome it?”

It’s why something like OMD still tastes so sour. The devil won. There was no victory. No catharsis. And more importantly, no character growth to learn from that failure and do better. It was like the “Infinity War snap” without us ever getting the “Endgame portals”.
    Exactly. Post OMD is essentially the bad timeline a time traveler tries to undo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Exactly. Post OMD is essentially the bad timeline a time traveler tries to undo.
    I thought Civil War was the bad timeline.

Unless the time traveler is named Quesada, what, too soon?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I love Insomniac Peter but I gotta go with Peter B!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I thought Civil War was the bad timeline.
    That's where it started, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

yes.jpg

i love em both equally... kickass adult peter and tired dad peter are both perfect in different ways

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    yes.jpg

i love em both equally... kickass adult peter and tired dad peter are both perfect in different ways
    Good one. Very good one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Peter B. Parker is the Peter people want in the comics.

Peter Parker (Insomniac games) is the Peter people want in the live action movies.
    Haven't played the game yet, but from what I've heard...yeah, this is pretty accurate.

Not essentially. Literally.

An interesting question! As someone who's really only read the Silver Age and some Bronze Age comics (I never really read past Kraven's Last Hunt), I couldn't pick between them. Adore them both. Insomniac Peter is a modern version of everything I love about the character, and Peter B. is the adult character growth I will never get to see in modern comics. The inner peace and stronger sense of self he has as a father in the sequel? Makes me emotional! He also has a very relatable millennial vibe, to me-- like he and MJ waited until later in life than their parents to try to buy a house and have a kid.