Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    tbf Sinister's powers can be whatever he wants. I'm betting he uses telepathy because he considers it the most elitist mutant power.
    I'm thinking mostly of how easy it is to defeat him. This has been a thing with Gillen writing Sinister back to his time on Uncanny during the Utopia years. A gunshot to the head killed him, whereas in earlier times he'd just laugh that off. Or in the issue of Immortal where he kept trying to kill the council, and he was killed by Hope borrowing Storm's powers and zapping him with a lightning bolt. Between his molecular control over his own body, his healing factor, his enhanced durability from Thunderbird's X-Gene, and his telekinetic shields, there's no way that should be able to even hurt him, let alone kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I'm thinking mostly of how easy it is to defeat him. This has been a thing with Gillen writing Sinister back to his time on Uncanny during the Utopia years. A gunshot to the head killed him, whereas in earlier times he'd just laugh that off. Or in the issue of Immortal where he kept trying to kill the council, and he was killed by Hope borrowing Storm's powers and zapping him with a lightning bolt. Between his molecular control over his own body, his healing factor, his enhanced durability from Thunderbird's X-Gene, and his telekinetic shields, there's no way that should be able to even hurt him, let alone kill him.
    I agree with you on that. That's the one thing he took from Sinister that annoys me. But he had to do that to make his "clone society" thing and I loved that so I'm ok with the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    as big a threat, and at least close to as powerful but maybe not as versatile as a wielder of power cosmic...

Having said that could you imagine him BECOMING a herald?
    Honestly with his celestial armor I don't think he needs more power. The man's shown the pure strength to restraint Savage Hulk and completely out muscle Thor pre hammer(I know Thors power changes every other day but it's my understanding that his physical strength is his with or without his hammer), he's got telepathy rivaling Xavier, has a Deadpool/ Classic Sinister like healing factor, has complete control over his body on the molecular level, telekinesis, energy projection/obsorbtion, teleportation, technopathy, magic, force fields etc.

The majority of these are ignored so the power cosmic would most likely be ignored as well.
    Last edited by The Regent; 05-26-2023 at 01:29 PM.

I'm so ready for this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I think that's stretching it a lot, tbh. The only minimal point of resemblance, besides Genesis probably being egyptian, is marking under their eyes, which don't really look alike.
    You say Tomato, and I say artist prerogative... Hence, the resemblance and or lack thereof notwithstanding both sigils are the Eye of Horus.
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-28-2023 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

Spectacular Member

Oh, he'll be back soon. Perhaps he and Moira can compare notes on which of them has been ruined the worst this era.

BANNED

Possibly, I missed it but did Apacolypse play any part in Judgement Day or Sins of Sinister?

Fantastic Member

No none whatsoever

Whoa, this Inhumans title looks lit!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    We getting Apocalypse and Storm (my favorite characters of the Krakoa erra along with Mags) as well as Genesis written by Ewing! The conflict will be legendary and the dialog life changing... how did we get so lucky? Also the art is beautiful.
    I’m am really excited about this. Storm seemed to have a colegial relationship with Apoc before he left, though interaction was minimal. I am curious to see how their interactions will be, especially once/if he sees cultural changes beginning to form for Arakko, and once Storm and his wife begin to come for each other’s wigs! Cannot wait!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    We getting Apocalypse and Storm (my favorite characters of the Krakoa erra along with Mags) as well as Genesis written by Ewing! The conflict will be legendary and the dialog life changing... how did we get so lucky? Also the art is beautiful.
    Wait... Is the upcoming arc going to be centered solely on those three?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... Is the upcoming arc going to be centered solely on those three?
    The books aren't out yet. It's all speculation.
    As far as we know, there's also a focus on the Arraki Great Circle as they're on one cover and especially John Whatsisname who was introduced in SoS. Cable is out, apparently taken by Orchis and appearing in the CotV mini.
    We don't know much else.