Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Heralds of Apocalypse Unlettered Preview

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

https://www.looper.com/1296193/al-ew...pse-x-men-red/

Where does this book find Apocalypse and his family since they were last seen in "X of Swords"?

Picking up from there, after some time has passed — in fact, we catch a glimpse of what they've been up to since, which is re-establishing themselves in Amenth. But we also get a look at times before — we get a good look at what Okkara was like before Annihilation, and what Apocalypse and Genesis were like then. We also get a better look at certain events from the earliest days of the war — events that have been held back until now.

Apocalypse refers to himself as a Revelator. What does that mean for his current role in the Marvel Universe and his relationship with Genesis?

The original meaning of Apocalypse is "revelation" — but as language and meaning evolved, the meaning of the word changed. Similarly, Apocalypse's thinking has evolved after his time as part of the Krakoan era and after rescuing Arakko from Amenth and Otherworld. He's fulfilled the original mission that was given to him by Genesis — now he's got a new one. Whether that's a good thing for Planet Arakko, Earth, or mutantkind in general ... well, we'll see.

As for his relationship with Genesis, we learn a lot more about it over the years, and where it's going now. I will say that they've got a love that's maybe not easily understood from the outside, and not easily survived if they happen to see you across the bar and like your vibe. When you're dealing with mutant power and history on that scale, what might seem like small differences of opinion to them could have world-destroying consequences to the people caught between them.

What has he learned during his time on Amenth?

The "survival of the fittest" doctrine he's been hewing to all these years is no longer enough for him. What does that mean in practice? We'll find out, but it's not going to make him any cuddlier.

How will these events tie into "X-Men Red"? How will Ororo and Apocalypse interact now?

I could walk you through the whole story, but I think you'd rather read it in print. Let's just say that once Apocalypse meets Storm, they've both got plenty to talk about ... and so do the new friends Apocalypse brings to the party with him.

Will the Quiet Council welcome him back? He last promised he would see the mutants on Krakoa again. Are they surprised to see him? What does he make of the changes among the Quiet Council?

I'm going to answer these questions with more questions — where does the White Sword and his Hundred fit in? What about Isca the Unbeaten? What became of the Daemon Hordes until recently under Annihilation's control? Or the golden helm itself — is it adjusting well to life as a staff? And never mind the Quiet Council welcoming Apocalypse — does the Great Ring welcome Genesis? I'm not going to answer those questions either, obviously, but "Heralds of Apocalypse" and ongoing issues of "X-Men: Red" absolutely will.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Soooooooo, Genesis wears the pants in the family??? Poor Appacy
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

This looks chaotic but wondeful.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This looks GREAT.

I am very curious on what Apocalypse wants for Mutantkind now. If "Survival of the Fittest" isn't enough for him what else could he possibly want. He has it all.

Also, I can't wait to see the Great Ring discuss Genesis return. I swear if one of them says "Ugh not this Bitch again" I would die LOL
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Al Ewing + Apocalypse + Genesis = this will be bloody glorious.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

YESSSS!!!! Chef's kisses beauty!!! The only FoX one-shot I'm interested in, truth to tell.

o--:[A]:--o had/has four arms? Interesting.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-25-2023 at 08:42 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Let's goooo! I'm very excited for this and I'm so curious about what kind of Apocalypse we will be getting now that he's completed his very old mission of reuniting with this family. Everything said in this interview brought my anticipation up several notches.

EDIT: I forgot that Apocalypse used to shape-shift.
    Last edited by JB; 05-25-2023 at 09:13 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I’d love for this arc to be the final test of whether Arakko has truly changed as a society when confronted with their warmongering former leaders. After that I really wanna see the galactic politics that have been brewing in the background since SWORD to take center stage.

I know folks also want this book to tackle Redroot and Otherworld, but we’ll see if Ewing can juggle all that.

Can't wait for this and the rest of the Genesis War.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I'm really excited to have apocalypse back. I think leaving the Quiet Council and Krakoa was such a loss for the creative team. Apocalypse was the true star of the early phase of Krakoa. It was a huge mistake letting him leave with his boring generic copy-paste family who seem to have gotten invented in a 1990s movie.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Let's goooo! I'm very excited for this and I'm so curious about what kind of Apocalypse we will be getting now that he's completed his very old mission of reuniting with this family. Everything said in this interview brought my anticipation up several notches.

EDIT: I forgot that Apocalypse used to shape-shift.
    and Luca Pizzari's art is FIYAH!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    and Luca Pizzari's art is FIYAH!!!
    The art is so good! I love that scene of Okkara of old with A and G walking with the children.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm more excited for this than anything else. I've been waiting for Big A to come back since the moment he left. Arakko remains one of the most interesting aspects of the current era for me, so I'm always happy when X-Men Red puts its focus on the Arakkii. The only weird part is Earth having two moons in the flashback. I'm not sure if that's some arcane Marvel lore I don't know or if the artist forget it took place on Earth and was just drawing what he thought was an alien world.

That first page is so peaceful. Lowkey it would be kind of cool if that was mars back then behind what looks like the moon. And there is a history there too around that time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/