Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default Micronauts are back!

Following on the heals of the announcement of the of Rom omnibus we just got the announcement that the one and only Micronauts are getting and omnibus in April of 2024. Issue 1-29 plus Annuals 1-2, and some material from the special editions. This is the collection I have wanted for 30 years so to see it finally happening just makes me so happy!
    Hopefully it sells good enough to get a Vol 2 and 3 to collect issues 30-59, New Voyages 1-20, X-Men/Micronauts 1-4, the Bug one shot, and any other guests shots they made.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 05-25-2023 at 12:55 PM.

Man I am so excited for this. Especially if this and ROM omnibus will be available digitally.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

They gotta be coming up with some new material soon, this is excitingly suspicious.

Cool .

I wonder whatever happened to that new Micronauts cartoon they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    They gotta be coming up with some new material soon, this is excitingly suspicious.
    Yeah, the titles confirm that, they're both called The ORIGINAL Marvel Years. Which means there's a new run of both ROM and Micronauts coming from Marvel soon!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I'll be getting it. I agree that it would be awesome if it was available digitally. I find the omnibuses a bit unwieldy to read.

I wonder whatever happened to that new Micronauts cartoon they were doing.
    Show head confirmed its been done and ready to go for years with 52 episode done. Hasbro used it for tax cuts screwing everyone who made it! They pulled a wb before wb!

https://twitter.com/EricRogersHere/s...39552672133120

Great post from my former staff writer on Micronauts. The studio keeping a show on the shelf after we had almost no support staff after 3 years of some of my/our best work ever turned that time into a 52 episode gig job. 3 years of a job that doesn’t exist… 1/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-25-2023 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Show head confirmed its been done and ready to go for years with 52 episode done. Hasbro used it for tax cuts screwing everyone who made it! They pulled a wb before wb!

https://twitter.com/EricRogersHere/s...39552672133120
    Wow, that really sucks .

Astonishing Member

Like the Rom thread, I thought they were coming back with new comics. I wonder if this means that Marvel has the Hasbro license. That'd be cool so they can absorb the original GI Joe series into the 616, where they belong.

*78/t
    Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Man I am so excited for this. Especially if this and ROM omnibus will be available digitally.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'll be getting it. I agree that it would be awesome if it was available digitally. I find the omnibuses a bit unwieldy to read.
    Yeah, I love ROM too much not to get the physical copy, however, I'm less familiar with the Micronauts (though, who can resist Michael Golden's art?), so I'll probably get their Omnibus in digital format, if avaliable.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Like the Rom thread, I thought they were coming back with new comics. I wonder if this means that Marvel has the Hasbro license. That'd be cool so they can absorb the original GI Joe series into the 616, where they belong.
    Like I said earlier, I believe they are, they just haven't announced them yet. Saying Original Marvel Years is rather redundant when there's no new ones.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Agreed. That would be totally Awesome (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-26-2023 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

What!? How?! This is "Bendis goes to DC" to classic comics-heads. Unbelievable, never going to happen stuff...again!

This month, lmao. Perlmutter, IDW, Rom, Kamala, and now this

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    *78/t

Yeah, I love ROM too much not to get the physical copy, however, I'm less familiar with the Micronauts (though, who can resist Michael Golden's art?), so I'll probably get their Omnibus in digital format, if avaliable.

Peace
    The cool thing about the book was it just had one writer in Bill Mantlo. He wrote the whole series. The art was a different story. It changed a lot. You had Michael Golden for a the first year then Howard Chaykin for about a year then Pat Broderick for about a year. After issue 35 it got crazy and it seemed like whoever was in the office and not busy did the art. Keith Giffen, Gil Kane, Steve Ditko, and a handfull of others. I think there was at least a half dozen artists in that period between issue 35 and 47. It did stabalize again in the last year of the series when Jackson Guice took over for the last 10 issues (48-58), but by then I think the damage of the constantly changing art was done. Those first 3 years though with the combo of Golden/Chaykin/Broderick were fantastic though.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 05-26-2023 at 01:15 PM.