Default World’s most expensive ice cream costs $6,400

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...hnk/index.html

The frozen dessert, called byakuya – “white night” in Japanese – is currently fetching 880,000 yen ($6,380) for a serving, officially making it the most expensive ice cream in the world, according to Guinness World Records.
    Wow, it has roughly the same price as a booking fee at the Star Wars Starcruiser hotel.

I wonder if it is really delicious?

Astonishing Member

Imagine being so wealthy that you eat gold.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That’s more than I make in salary, plus my military pension each month. In a word….WHOA!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just grab a pint of Ben and Jerry's and enjoy. There are some things worth paying extra for, but I draw the limit at B&J.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...hnk/index.html
    The frozen dessert, called byakuya – “white night” in Japanese – is currently fetching 880,000 yen ($6,380) for a serving, officially making it the most expensive ice cream in the world, according to Guinness World Records.
    Wow, it has roughly the same price as a booking fee at the Star Wars Starcruiser hotel.

I wonder if it is really delicious?
    I wouldn't buy a serving of ice cream that cost $6.38!

Boisterously Confused

Nobody's (let me be clear) NOBODY's palate is that acute. That's like a scotch I once saw priced at $68k US. It cannot be that much better and is mainly a scam in a d*** measuring contest.

Give me Hagen Das Peanut Butter Chocolate and I am happy. And I get shell shocked at the 5 buck a pint price tag. That is why it is my once a month treat.

I would not want to be the rich person that admits to buying that. That is borderline embarrassing and a damn shame.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

I just make my own; it's fun, fresh, and you can make what you want when you want.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Imagine being so wealthy that you eat gold.
    That's true. They specified what ingredients were in this ice cream flavor.
    Japanese ice cream brand Cellato calls white night a gelato on its website, and the name is a hint to its Italian origins.

Sourced exclusively from Alba – home to what many consider the best white truffles in Italy – that ingredient alone could rake in as much as two million yen ($14,500) per kilogram, said an article published on the Guinness World Records website last week.

The ice cream is topped off by an edible gold leaf, two types of cheese and “Sakekasu,” a paste-like ingredient derived from the process of sake-making.

“It took us over 1.5 years to develop, with a lot of trials and errors to get the taste right,” a representative from the company told Guinness World Records earlier.