Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1453
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll be surprised if Tim is still in the main book after this.
    I feel similar about this. I think Batman will have solitary adventures in the main book for a while.

Bruce will likely repair things with Damian in Batman and Robin, but he's likely going to be distant from the other Batfamily members.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The everything is Continuity thing, butchered the consistency of the whole post crisis Batman continuity imo.

I think under Denny O'Neil they managed to keep what was canon and what wasn't pretty consistent, and Morrison did a lot of retcons to that.
    So the major flaw in his run is:

"Some comic book writer retcons comic book continuity."

Ok
    Last edited by Keno; 10-02-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Let's not forget that solicits are heavily implying Bruce will end up killing someone in the next arc.

Joy...

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Well... what a mess!
    This is definetely not my cup of tea. Nonsense premises for a storyline just to put Batfamily against Bruce.
    I've had enough of angst between Robins and/or Bruce. I've had enough of backup personality or backup robots or landings by the moon.

I'm finding solace in re-reading Grant, O'Neill, Dixon era. That was my Batman and what i like. I don't pretend it's The Batman for everyone but it's too distant from where we are now.
    This title is becoming toxic for me. I'm stopping here with this Gotham War and probably with Batman's Zdarsky too. What a disappointment.

Lol Catwoman’s thieves betrayed her. Truly no one could see that coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Gotham War's plot seems lost, it hinders more than it helps. Zur's plot was already happening and everything in this issue could happen without the Gotham War plot.
    I liked it, it changes things and leads to an undefined scenario, with possibilities for the characters (Jason, for example, will be scared of going after the Joker for the twentieth time in a Rosenberg comic book). Tim is the best character in the issue, Dick always goes overboard when he fights with Bruce (every time, it's nothing new, and there will be more to come).
    All the time that was wasted with Gotham War could have been spent with Savage, it would have been more useful.

Yeah, this was bad, at this point i don't even care.

Ever since Rebirth the main Batman book have being a bad to mediocre at best, it makes me miss Scott Snyder.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, this was bad, at this point i don't even care.

Ever since Rebirth the main Batman book have being a bad to mediocre at best, it makes me miss Scott Snyder.
    It can’t be that bad.

Spectacular Member

Just read the last issue of The Batman Adventures and this is the real Batman…Dini even takes a dig at those who want to destroy the bat family concept.

The Batfam concept isn't going away, it's DC's attempt to shake things up. If it's all one big happy family there's nothing to do with half the host.
    It's not the first time, and it won't be the last. Snyder did this, Brubaker did this. Marvel does this all the time.

DC is attempting to shake things up by doing what they did before countless times.
    And just because they did it before doesn't make this less of a mess.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The search is for sales, Catwoman ranked 30th in September's ICv2, and Batman was only behind Wolverine vs Predator (which Greg Land's art made unreadable by the way). So, it worked. I think Tom Taylor's Nightwing is bad, but I'm not going to question that it worked, it's selling well (it's painful, yes, but what can I do). It's just common sense to say that it's a mess, it seems like this topic never leaves the first page. Nothing new to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    The search is for sales, Catwoman ranked 30th in September's ICv2, and Batman was only behind Wolverine vs Predator (which Greg Land's art made unreadable by the way). So, it worked. I think Tom Taylor's Nightwing is bad, but I'm not going to question that it worked, it's selling well (it's painful, yes, but what can I do). It's just common sense to say that it's a mess, it seems like this topic never leaves the first page. Nothing new to comment.
    Batman always sells well and Catwoman will not keep selling like this after this crossover, anyways. It happens with every Batman crossover, every struggling book gets a bump and then it goes back to the bottom of the barrel like it was before. Everybody knows it only works for one or two months. So unless the Catwoman book stay indefinitely in a crossover with the Batman book, it will not sell well after this.

Or, you know, they can just put out a good book. Poision Ivy keeps outselling most of the other books and has nothing to do with any crossover.

And the story IS a mess. It became a Michael Bay movie, it's just good art with a terrible storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Ironically I thought Wolverine vs Predator issue was actually decent despite Land's awful art. Cant say the same thing about the current Batman run though.

This seems like less of a Catwoman vs Batman story, and more of a Batman slowly loses his **** story.