Page 79 of 97 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1453
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    What are the editors at dc even doing? Is it that hard to keep people on the same page? It feels like every writer has a different idea of what the characters motivation and personalities are.
    You should've read the X books during the '90s.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I were Batman my takeaway from this story would be to stop going easy on Catwoman.
    you think Bruce can resist his rest pillow I don't know? also kinda funny how both Spider man and Batman are both doing arcs where they act out of character with their allies but when it comes to their exes they don't fight. Very disappointing to be honest for both series
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

This series has been a master class of how to not edit an event, goddamn.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I were Batman my takeaway from this story would be to stop going easy on Catwoman.
    Imo what I’m getting from this arc is that Bruce should be locked up in Arkham. The man has clearly lost his marbles.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Imo what I’m getting from this arc is that Bruce should be locked up in Arkham. The man has clearly lost his marbles.
    Was the literal split personality trying to take over what clued you in?

Rich got some more gossip about GW and the whole thing is dumber than I thought
    spoilers:

There's no actual war of philosophies being carried out at the heart of this, it's all a grift for the Savages, as a way to gather jewellery embedded with the meteor that gave Vandal Savage his immortality, as well as forming the Lazarus Pits. Getting these thieves trained to steal the jewellery, which has been gathering in Gotham for some time – turns out the meteor rocks affect the mind of the wearer, gathering them all together. Do you want to know why rich people still live in Gotham, despite everything that has gone down from No Man's Land to the Riddler lockdown? It's a question we have asked a few times here on Bleeding Cool. Well, their own jewellery talks to them and won't let them leave. And why Gotham? Well, Bruce Wayne has the biggest piece of all – and now Vandal Savage has it. And an army of thieves whom he can make immortal as well…
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Well we have to remember that it's the Zurr personality that's taken over Bruce , and we don't know what that artificial right hand could be doing to him.
    I'm trying to be optimistic , lol .
    At least I think that between the current Spider-Man & Batman storylines , Batman's a bit better .

Spectacular Member

According to Bleeding Cool…spoilers:
    Catwoman got conned to create the ultimate cat burglar army for Vandal Savage.
    end of spoilers

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nycc...an-gotham-war/

Put that in spoilers at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Rich got some more gossip about GW and the whole thing is dumber than I thought
    spoilers:
    There's no actual war of philosophies being carried out at the heart of this, it's all a grift for the Savages, as a way to gather jewellery embedded with the meteor that gave Vandal Savage his immortality, as well as forming the Lazarus Pits. Getting these thieves trained to steal the jewellery, which has been gathering in Gotham for some time – turns out the meteor rocks affect the mind of the wearer, gathering them all together. Do you want to know why rich people still live in Gotham, despite everything that has gone down from No Man's Land to the Riddler lockdown? It's a question we have asked a few times here on Bleeding Cool. Well, their own jewellery talks to them and won't let them leave. And why Gotham? Well, Bruce Wayne has the biggest piece of all – and now Vandal Savage has it. And an army of thieves whom he can make immortal as well…
    end of spoilers
    So, there was more to dying Martha's pearl necklace that night in Crime Alley?

...I genuinely didn't think this story could get more ridiculous.

Who thought this was a good story idea!?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This spoilers:
    hilariously makes the entire Batfam feuding with Bruce all for nothing, as the woman they were all going to bat for and defending turned out to be a false leader in the end
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Jesus Christ, it's so stupid.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Put that in spoilers at least.
    Is that really a spoiler though? It was revealed at the end of Batman 138.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, he's been like this for awhile now. Just the fact that he created that alternate personality at all should've been a giant red flag (yet another reason I was not a fan of Grant Morrison's run).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Zur An's original reason for its creation, as a last resort towards mental attacks and potential death of personality is an understandable reason and a fun instance of Batman's preparedness (especially since its not full a proof solution as Zur An only operates on instinct making it a desperate failsafe).

But Z'Darsky going whole hog on it being "Evil Batman" is what ruins it.