Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Dick, Babs and Cass joins Bruce and Damian. Tim (though I have no idea how it's going be justified), Steph, Duke joins Selina and Jason. Kate and Luke stay neutral and leave to do their own thing.
    Bruce is getting angrier and angrier, and eventually Zur takes over and deals with Selina and her team in a very brutal way, which makes Dick to step in and fight him. Bruce regains control, but Zur manages to cause a huge damage to Bat-Fam and Selina, and everyone, except Damian, don't trust him anymore, so they leave Gotham. And that's the moment when Joker comes back.
    I guess that's how everything will end up.
    ...so basically they are doing the same thing they did to Spider-man in the aftermath of SpOck?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I assume a good PR team
    That must be some PR team to keep her busy to wreck more characters.

Does anyone have a clue why Riddler was mentioned in this? I mean is he going to be one the villains who proves Selina wrong by pulling off crimes without the need for goons? I mean he could given his intelligence right?

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Although the plan is clearly faulty, I can see things from her perspective, which I've thought more often than not would be similar to hers (especially since they've both had one of the best writers in comics writing each of their respective titles - Ed Brubaker).
    It just feels like Selina is trying to turn Gotham's criminal population into being more like her, with a dash of a woman scorned thrown in for good measure.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It just feels like Selina is trying to turn Gotham's criminal population into being more like her, with a dash of a woman scorned thrown in for good measure.
    There'd be a good amount of humor if this winds up producing a whole new bunch of phantom thieves that will soon sell their services to the highest bitter to anyone who can pay, including wealthy companies and the like.

Selina's releasing a bunch of potential villains into the world.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

And amazingly, is clear the writers intend people to side with Selina and see Bruce as the stubborn dinosaur that refuses to comprise due to outdated morals/ideals/whatever

Bruce needs to take Selina back to Wayne Manor and show her the vast library and then let her read the Robin Hood books so she can see why her plan is stupid and nothing at all like Robin Hood.

Then Bruce needs to pick up the phone and call Black Cat. She just broke up with Spider-Man and she already went through her girl boss phase some time ago.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-30-2023 at 11:43 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Wow, this was pretty darn poor. Who heard this pitch and thought it sounded good?

Poor characterization pretty much all around, a dumb, paper thin scheme that makes zero sense when you spend a second thinking about it(robbing from the rich is okay?) and the art was just barely decent.

Between Dark Crisis, Knight terrors and now this I don't really get where the editors are and how these books are getting out. You'd think some where down the line someone would have said, "Is this really what we're putting out?"
    Shadow War and War for Earth 3 are also some of the all time "hits". Lazarus planet to lesser exten as well. Ferls like only return of Kal El has been any good from DC's recent events/crossovers.

Spectacular Member

Makes me wonder how Selina is gonna be involved on the Detective Comics side, during Outlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    There'd be a good amount of humor if this winds up producing a whole new bunch of phantom thieves that will soon sell their services to the highest bitter to anyone who can pay, including wealthy companies and the like.

Selina's releasing a bunch of potential villains into the world.
    Batman has a Bat-Family, so Catwoman wants a Cat-Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    And amazingly, is clear the writers intend people to side with Selina and see Bruce as the stubborn dinosaur that refuses to comprise due to outdated morals/ideals/whatever
    Nah, she comes across as a little deranged when she loses it with Bruce, and starts making it about their failed wedding.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Nah, she comes across as a little deranged when she loses it with Bruce, and starts making it about their failed wedding.
    That is unintentional, the whole scene is framed as her giving genuine complains at Bruce's actions and blaming him for the wedding failing even if that makes no sense but is not the first time that modern DC writers ignore previous stories at their convenience.

Extraordinary Member

I really wondering why they are letting writers (or editors?) with opinions like that anywhere close to Batfamily.

Astonishing Member

Because that's the way Batman has been written for years. It's the same case as Marvel and Spider-Man - they have specific vision of the character, which they consider the only right one, and everything else for them is bad/boring/misunderstanding of the character/bad sales and stuff like that. Aggressive, distant, distrustful, obsessive about his mission, sometimes abusive Batman, who's living in a constant drama, who's always ruining his relationships with his family, friends and love interests. That's the way DC sees him, that's basically his public image.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'd also say its a misguided attempt at being progressive.

They are listening to all those famous critiques about how Bruce is a privileged white guy, and are trying to play into all those hot takes by subverting, deconstructing, whatever.

They are just doing it really, really badly. Its like how the Cantwell Iron Man run had Hellcat constantly telling Tony to "check your privilege" over every little thing. Its really not as progressive as they think, especially since they are trying to placate a group of people who aren't even interested in their characters.

Mighty Member

I don't think that's true as they clearly show some of the problems with Selina plan.

Already some henchmen are going after bigger targets that Selina has suggested because of their greed, it has been shown that their skills are improving they are better at evading Batman this means they will be better at evading the average cop, a henchmen was killed eventhough he followed her rules simply because a homeowner changed her plans last minute and remained in town.

I think the writers intended people to see both sides of the argument but clearly they didn't achieve that.