Page 19 of 97 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Regarding Dick, I think there's a chance, that he's actually fighting Zur, not Bruce. We know, that Zur is the major part of this event, and solicits pretty much confirmed, that it's him, who takes down Selina's empire. Maybe he'll cross the line and Dick will be trying to protect Selina.

Ya, when it comes to Dick there's probably a line Bruce most likely crosses. Much like Murder/Fugitive.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-26-2023 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think its pretty challenging to decide who would take what side because most of the batfamily ought to be loyal enough to Bruce to take his side.

We know that Catwoman approaches Red Hood and it seems that she sways him over to her point of view. We also know that Nightwing and Batman fight so I think we can safely put both of them on Selina's side. I think Barbara is more than likely to remain on Batman's side and I do not see her supporting potentially helping criminals become better thieves even if it does reduce violent crime. I always remember in Nightwing 3 she states "if you rob from the rich to give to the poor you will be a criminal" to nightwing who she believed was entering a 'Robin Hood Phase'. I also think Damian will take Bruce's side because they are going to have a positive relationship in Batman and Robin. Tim has been getting some focus in Zdarsky's run so I have a feeling he will remain on Bruce's side.

Everyone else is a little bit more tricky. I think they will split the batgirls up just to even out the sides. So I suspect Cass will be on one side and Steph on the other. I think they mentioned Batwing and Batwoman were going to be sitting on the sidelines and that the conflict leads to them becoming disillusioned with the batfamily leading to whatever they end up doing in Outsiders. Unfortunately that leaves Duke and while I would put him on the same side as Cass who he seems to be closest to in the batfamily I have a feeling he may be on team Catwoman to balance the scales.

Catwoman's side

• Catwoman
    • Red Hood
    • Nightwing
    • Batgirl (Steph)
    • Signal

Batman's side

• Batman
    • Batgirl
    • Robin (Tim)
    • Robin (Damian)
    • Batgirl (Cass)

Neutral

• Batwing
    • Batwoman
    • Huntress
    This sounds about right.

. . . Everyone else is a little bit more tricky. I think they will split the batgirls up just to even out the sides. So I suspect Cass will be on one side and Steph on the other. I think they mentioned Batwing and Batwoman were going to be sitting on the sidelines and that the conflict leads to them becoming disillusioned with the batfamily leading to whatever they end up doing in Outsiders. Unfortunately that leaves Duke and while I would put him on the same side as Cass who he seems to be closest to in the batfamily I have a feeling he may be on team Catwoman to balance the scales.

Catwoman's side

• Catwoman
    • Red Hood
    • Nightwing
    • Batgirl (Steph)
    • Signal

Batman's side

• Batman
    • Batgirl
    • Robin (Tim)
    • Robin (Damian)
    • Batgirl (Cass)

Neutral

• Batwing
    • Batwoman
    • Huntress
    Would Steph be as likely to side with Selina since Selina had captured and held her during Batman Eternal?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe, but it can be daunting trying to come up with a new idea that fits them in my opinion.
    Maybe. Or maybe readers just need to take these these characters out of the box they've had them in for so long and realize that they can be so much more.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Would Steph be as likely to side with Selina since Selina had captured and held her during Batman Eternal?
    She isn't really that likely to. But I suspect they will try to make the sides balanced and the best way to do that is splitting the batgirls up. Either way I reckon one of Cass and Steph will be on Selina's side.

I could almost as easily see Cass and Duke on one side and Tim and Steph on the other. I mainly put Cass on Bruce's side instead of Steph because Cass has always been shown to be particularly loyal to Bruce.

The split could also be viewed on class lines. Steph and Duke both had more humble upbringings (along with Dick and Jason) in relation to say Barbara, Bruce or Tim etc who are all upper class or upper middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Who knows if this is even canon any more...
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Maybe. Or maybe readers just need to take these these characters out of the box they've had them in for so long and realize that they can be so much more.
    I think ultimately it boils down to concept and execution.

Astonishing Member

Who knows if this is even canon any more...
    I don't think Stephanie has any grudges against Selina.

However, I don't know why Stephanie will support Selina's idea of allowing and enabling criminals to steal the rich. Her father being a criminal is a big issue for her.

I think its pretty challenging to decide who would take what side because most of the batfamily ought to be loyal enough to Bruce to take his side.

We know that Catwoman approaches Red Hood and it seems that she sways him over to her point of view. We also know that Nightwing and Batman fight so I think we can safely put both of them on Selina's side. I think Barbara is more than likely to remain on Batman's side and I do not see her supporting potentially helping criminals become better thieves even if it does reduce violent crime. I always remember in Nightwing 3 she states "if you rob from the rich to give to the poor you will be a criminal" to nightwing who she believed was entering a 'Robin Hood Phase'. I also think Damian will take Bruce's side because they are going to have a positive relationship in Batman and Robin. Tim has been getting some focus in Zdarsky's run so I have a feeling he will remain on Bruce's side.

Everyone else is a little bit more tricky. I think they will split the batgirls up just to even out the sides. So I suspect Cass will be on one side and Steph on the other. I think they mentioned Batwing and Batwoman were going to be sitting on the sidelines and that the conflict leads to them becoming disillusioned with the batfamily leading to whatever they end up doing in Outsiders. Unfortunately that leaves Duke and while I would put him on the same side as Cass who he seems to be closest to in the batfamily I have a feeling he may be on team Catwoman to balance the scales.

Catwoman's side

• Catwoman
    • Red Hood
    • Nightwing
    • Batgirl (Steph)
    • Signal

Batman's side

• Batman
    • Batgirl
    • Robin (Tim)
    • Robin (Damian)
    • Batgirl (Cass)

Neutral

• Batwing
    • Batwoman
    • Huntress
    I can't see Barbara being on opposite sides from Nightwing.

Spectacular Member

Cassandra will most likely be on Bruce, considering her loyalty, and how she is around Bruce, while Steph could be with Selina, going by her past confrontation with Batman in Detective Comics side.

I think they mentioned Batwing and Batwoman were going to be sitting on the sidelines and that the conflict leads to them becoming disillusioned with the batfamily leading to whatever they end up doing in Outsiders.
    I don't recall it being mentioned in the interviews that I read/watched that they were on any side-lines as such (must have missed those ones) - but that the events will cause them to become estranged from the Bat-family and superheroing in general. That could be interpreted to mean they are going to be sitting on the fence of course, but it doesn't guarantee it - they might take sides at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't think Stephanie has any grudges against Selina.

However, I don't know why Stephanie will support Selina's idea of allowing and enabling criminals to steal the rich. Her father being a criminal is a big issue for her.
    I mean, she might support trying to turn low-level criminals into thieves who only steal from the rich for the benefit of the poor without hurting anybody.

I mean, I think there's something to be said for how repetitive the major Bat-storylines have been in the past few years and the diminishing return in quality and enjoyment as a result.
    What are the main Bat-Family storylines anyway (when they aren't all just working together)?

• Bat-Family becomes alienated from Batman or each other
    • A Bat-Family member has a fight with Batman
    • Bat-Family gets beaten-up, only Batman can defeat the big bad
    • A Bat-Family member gets hurt/killed/abducted

Is that about the gist of it?

In recent years I remember both Jason and Kate getting into some fights with Bruce (in their solo series). Must be Selina's turn again.

I don't follow comics nearly as much as I used to, but this is the first time I'm aware of the Bat-Family having an actual civil war with each other. The closest thing I've seen to it was Tynion's 'Tec run - but that was basically a dispute that involved arguing. Judging by the panels Bruce might have shoved Kate a bit, and Cass punched her - but it didn't escalate any further from that in a physical sense.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Did you forget Bruce punching one of Dick's teeth out? Jason beating or getting beaten by his sibling is something that happens every other month and we just had back in January an entire mini about Bruce fighting the Robins literally titled Batman vs Robin. So yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Did you forget Bruce punching one of Dick's teeth out? Jason beating or getting beaten by his sibling is something that happens every other month and we just had back in January an entire mini about Bruce fighting the Robins literally titled Batman vs Robin. So yeah.
    Nope, because I haven't read any comics since...err, pre-pandemic probably. I've more been playing the games - got the TellTale Batman games off my backlog a few months ago.

Anyway, that sounds like it still didn't involve the whole Bat-Family fighting each other. More of a pile-on against Bruce. Or Jason vs [insert name of whose turn it is here].